Official 2007 NFL season thread

tBBP

Well, the fight for those Wild Card spots in the NFC will be very interesting. The Giants, unless they really mess up, will probably get one. For the other, though, Detroit is in the lead at 6-5. There ar then 6 5-6 teams, the Bears, Vikings, Eagles, Redskins, Saints, and Cardinals. The Lions' fate is in their own hands, but their remaining schedule is really hard. They have the Cowboys and Chiefs at home, and Packers, Chargers, and Vikings on the road. Their only hopes of winning enough of their remaining games to make the playoffs is for somebody on defense, other than Ernie Sims, to learn how to tackle. The interception on the last drive of the Giants game was huge, and just may end up to be the difference if the Lions don't make the playoffs. It is going to be really interesting these last 5 weeks.

And this is what's monumentally boring about the NFL gameplay this year. Aside from the absolute dominance of the Patriots, and a few second-tier teams like the Colts, Steelers and Cowboys, there seems to be nothing else worth noting. At all. All of those 6-5 and 5-6 teams are completely uninspiring and just playoff-spot fodder. You say interesting? I wouldn't blink if any of those teams made the cut or didn't. Frankly, none seem all that deserving anyway and are largely flawed in some way or another.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If your opponent's honest best fails to stop them, perhaps some restraint is in order from the Patriots on offense, since their opponent is trying its hardest to avoid humiliation.

Dude, I get you don't like the Pats. I get that you still may be bitter over Super Bowl XXXVI. Hell, I even get that you find these Boston homers to be insufferable. But that is laughable. Seriously, for the love of all that is right and good, stop. Please. Just stop.

Besides, you sound like such a whiny, tree-hugging, "can't we all just get along" liberal. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

If your opponent's honest best fails to stop them, perhaps some restraint is in order from the Patriots on offense, since their opponent is trying its hardest to avoid humiliation.

Dude, I get you don't like the Pats. I get that you still may be bitter over Super Bowl XXXVI. Hell, I even get that you find these Boston homers to be insufferable. But that is laughable. Seriously, for the love of all that is right and good, stop. Please. Just stop.

Besides, you sound like such a whiny, tree-hugging, "can't we all just get along" liberal. :P

Well...according to this "which candidate do you most match up with" poll I just took, 4 out of my top 5 are Democrats, and the 5th is McCain.

You guys may be rubbing off on me. Scary.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I thought AJ Feely looked quite good in the Sunday Night game. He look very crisp with his passes and overcame his mistakes well. My hopes now look toward a possible trade for Donovan Mcnabb, unless Tarvaris keeps playing like he has been the past two games. I really think if Adrian can make a healthy recovery and Tarvaris plays mistake free football the Minnesota Vikings could be looking at a possible playoff run. And then my hopes come true and we draft James Hardy in the 2008 draft. Mark my words 2008 Vikings- 12-4

I didn't play high school football because my hometown was too small for even 9-man high school football. So I can't properly analyze football the way I can basketball or baseball.

That in mind, can someone who is unbiased tell me about the Vikings-Giants game and how much of it was caused by the Vikes' defense looking great and how much was caused by Manning looking crappy?

I didn't play high school football because my hometown was too small for even 9-man high school football. So I can't properly analyze football the way I can basketball or baseball.

That in mind, can someone who is unbiased tell me about the Vikings-Giants game and how much of it was caused by the Vikes' defense looking great and how much was caused by Manning looking crappy?

I would say it's more about Manning looking bad than their defence looking good. This is the same Viking defence that were blown out by the Packers.

I saw, I came, I left.

This Dolphins-Steelers game is hella boring....

We should all agree that this game never happened.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This Dolphins-Steelers game is hella boring....

We should all agree that this game never happened.

I don't get it...why would ESPN show a water polo match without Santa Clara or Pepperdine?

:upside:

Perhaps because neither made the final four and LMU did? :D

Regardless, this is officially becoming a game of human pong.

VmWIn6B.png

If there's a silver lining, its the fact that the game went quickly.

Seriously...this is "history" that I could do without. Thank you for setting the game of football back 6+ decades, Miami and Pittsburgh.

EDIT: 3-0 Pittsburgh. 17 seconds left. Burn this games' tape, now!

Today, we are all otaku.

*Somebody cue up Missy Elliott...*

I CAN'T STAND THE RAI-I-INN!! (Boomp boomp...boomp boomp-boomp boomp...)

You know...sometimes slosh-fests can be fun to watch. But then...when no points are scored, I guess people have a point about this game setting football back a couple years, or decades, depending uupon your view of perspective.

I'm following this game on GameCast, since that same rainstorm, thunder and lightning that hit Pittsburgh earlier is the same rain, thunder and lightning that delayed me out of my native Pensacola, the same rain and thunder and lightning that CURRENTLY HAS ME STRANDED IN ATLANTA'S AIRPORT. Can anyone guess where I'm tryna get to tonight, if I ever get there? PITTSBURGH. Ain't that a pickle?

It looks to be 4th & goal on the MIA 4-yd line? Oh, lookie--POINTS!!!

And with that, this sloshfest is over. Welcome to 0-11, Miami Dolphans. (Unless something of "Bluegrass Miracle" proportions happens next...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

You know...sometimes slosh-fests can be fun to watch. But then...when no points are scored, I guess people have a point about this game setting football back a couple years, or decades, depending uupon your view of perspective.

I'm following this game on GameCast, since that same rainstorm, thunder and lightning that hit Pittsburgh earlier is the same rain, thunder and lightning that delayed me out of my native Pensacola, the same rain and thunder and lightning that CURRENTLY HAS ME STRANDED IN ATLANTA'S AIRPORT. Can anyone guess where I'm tryna get to tonight, if I ever get there? PITTSBURGH. Ain't that a pickle?

It looks to be 4th & goal on the MIA 4-yd line? Oh, lookie--POINTS!!!

And with that, this sloshfest is over. Welcome to 0-11, Miami Dolphans. (Unless something of "Bluegrass Miracle" proportions happens next...)

Missy bit that off Janis Joplin. I got it on the iPod. No, I don't know why.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Ahem.

EDIT: Woah...Janis Joplin? That's disgustingly wrong.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived