Official 2007 NFL season thread

tBBP

Let's go Ravens! I'm pulling for the FG that will send it into OT. I don't care what the Pats do, I just want them to lose a game. Not sure why though. Just do.

C'mon Ravens!

Yeah, you Ron Jaworski, Tony Kornheiser, and Mike Tirico too...Too bad though...PATRIOTS WIN!

That was one of the most exciting and nervewracking games I have ever seen though. Holy Crap! I'm just glad it's over.

How old are you really? Nine? I would have figured there would be a Super Bowl somewhere that counted for more.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's go Ravens! I'm pulling for the FG that will send it into OT. I don't care what the Pats do, I just want them to lose a game. Not sure why though. Just do.

C'mon Ravens!

Yeah, you Ron Jaworski, Tony Kornheiser, and Mike Tirico too...Too bad though...PATRIOTS WIN!

That was one of the most exciting and nervewracking games I have ever seen though. Holy Crap! I'm just glad it's over.

How old are you really? Nine? I would have figured there would be a Super Bowl somewhere that counted for more.

Chill dude. I'm just excited. We have to listen to all your little rants and raves about the Rams' insignifigant pathetic season.

OMG CLAYTON CAUGHT IT! SO DAM CLOSE!

Thanks to a little offensive pass interference by Derrick Mason against Assante Samuel. It's very easy to catch a ball when your teammate tackles the closest defender.

Oh, well. Moot point.

12-0!

Yeah...and you're lucky teams can't decline false starts.

Moot point.

Congrats...I was impressed by the protection Brady had late when Baltimore was bringing everything. I wish the Rams could do half of that.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

lol. that crazy Bart Scott

If I had tivo, that kickoff would have been saved until I deleted. I hope somebody has it on youtube.

Today, we are all otaku.

That holding call on the Ravens in the endzone was BS... The refs obviously wanted New England to win this game.

Because...they have money riding on it, right?

There was holding on the play. Might not have been in the end zone. I definitely saw defensive holding near the linebackers, but it looked like it was called on a different player.

And I can't figure out why Scott wasn't ejected. I've seen players get the boot for less. Picking up an official's flag and throwing it into the stands? After you've just had one called against you? Weird.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

That holding call on the Ravens in the endzone was BS... The refs obviously wanted New England to win this game.

You're kidding, right?

Tank may have just slit his wrists. Where is he anyways?

Belichek should have tried an onside kick on the Baltimore 35. Then after recovering it, call for a throw to the endzone.

teams-1.png

You're kidding, right?

Tank may have just slit his wrists. Where is he anyways?

Belichek should have tried an onside kick on the Baltimore 35. Then after recovering it, call for a throw to the endzone.

Tank's probably halfway through an involuntary leave of absence.

Given how undisciplined and intense the Ravens defense is....I would not trot out Brady with the game virtually won. Do you want Bart Scott to rip his head off?

Who did he commit the personal foul on anyway?

Today, we are all otaku.

Not sure. It was after the play ended. It could have been taunting, or abuse to an official. The explanation didn't really descibe it much other than unsportsmanlike conduct.

Based on the way he was led off the field after the second flag, I'd say it was abuse to an official.

Can't say it really hurt the Ravens, though. The subsequent kickoff was a touchback, so they got the ball on their 20 anyway.

Unsportsmanlike conduct leads me to believe it was talking more than pushing for Bart Scott.

I'm with JP though on being surprised that the player did not get ejected.

In regards to the kickoff from the 35, I would have tried to pooch it a bit so that the guy might be tackled at the 10 yard line or so, rather than just giving the ball at the 20 with no time having run off.

LvZYtbZ.png

I'm with JP though on being surprised that the player did not get ejected.

They must have figured it moot with 45 seconds left. :wink2:

Although I too was waiting for the ref to finish by saying, "the player is disqualified".

Today, we are all otaku.

I wouldn't have considered it moot. 45 seconds or not, the Ravens were still in the game. Say they made it down to field goal range and tied the game. Here they are now in overtime without one of their linebackers.

In a blowout, it could be a moot point. This wasn't a blowout, and certainly not out of the question for Baltimore to tie the game.

I'd imagine the league will hand down some fines against Scott.

The Ravens have no one to blame but themselves. They had The Patriots stopped on 4th and 1 but some idiot on the sideline had called a timeout just before the snap. Then all they had to do was convert a third and 1 and the game is probably over. The Ravens had ample opportunity to put the game away. They couldn't do it. Give New England some credit. Their defense stepped up when it had to.

BB52Big.jpg

That would be the worst thing to do. The ball takes a bad bounce, goes right to a Baltimore player for him to catch cleanly, and sprints 70-75 yards for an easy touchdown.

The kicker did the right thing by taking the touchback. I'd take my chances with Baltimore's offense beating me instead of their return game.....

...and before more of the conspiracy theorists come out of the woodwork...

Say what you want about the officials. Baltimore could have had a lot more calls against them. There were numerous plays of the Patriots' receivers being held or taken down before the ball got to them. None of them were called.

Not even the offensive pass interference against Derrick Mason at the end of the game.

Baltimore is a very undisciplined team, and it starts at the top. Brian Billick looks like he has forgotten everything that got him to the Super Bowl a few years ago. He didn't even bat an eye when his coach called for that timeout on 4th and 1.

It looks like teams are slowly starting to piece together where they can beat New England... I'm not sure it'll be enough, but it does look like they're starting to get some chinks in their armor.

Patriots got so many breaks in this game... most of them came from the Ravens, as opposed to the officials. Ed Reed's fumble, Kyle Boller being the Ravens QB, etc. etc.

That game-winning Touchdown shouldn't have been a catch, however.

Their running game looks to be a problem, and if they struggle stopping the run against a better team they may be in trouble.

Ravens had some terrible playcalling towards the end, too. Great game, though -- but I still do prefer the college game, since defenders have a chance, there.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived