mitchell and Ness NFL caps?

HatManTC

CLEVELANDBDD7.jpg

i thought that Reebok had the license for the NFL for all Apperal. i know M&N does the throwback jersey but i didnt think they could do hats still. is this a case of Reebok just slapping the M&N logo to legitamizing it since many customers(atleast in my store) wont buy a hat with the vector logo on it.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

There should be an announcement any day now that Reebok has purchased M&N, so it is kind of a moot point, they are one and the same.

wouldnt it be ADIDAS that bought M&N, since ADIDAS bought Reebok last year?

There should be an announcement any day now that Reebok has purchased M&N, so it is kind of a moot point, they are one and the same.

wouldnt it be ADIDAS that bought M&N, since ADIDAS bought Reebok last year?

WTF? When did ALL of this s**t happen?

some time last year. you didnt notice that all the NBA uni's went from Reebok to ADIDAS? this happened because ADIDAS bought Reebok and decided to split the two huge contracts they had(nfl and NBA) between the two divisions.

some time last year. you didnt notice that all the NBA uni's went from Reebok to ADIDAS? this happened because ADIDAS bought Reebok and decided to split the two huge contracts they had(nfl and NBA) between the two divisions.

I noticed, but I assumed adidas had bought out or subcontracted from reebok since I hadn't heard about this.

Probably not much longer until our only choices are Nike and adidas-M&N-Reebok-Puma-New Era-etc.

Could it be that M&N is taking liberties with the definition of "throwback" and just doing a nostalgia piece from a very - OK, verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry - recent era? I don't know that it has been formally codified exactly how far removed from the present day something has to be to be called "throwback". I have caps in my collection (O's, M's, Jays) purchased in 2006 or 2007 that were in everyday use by those MLB teams through the early '90s. I hate to think of my high school years as qualifying to be of a "throwback" era, but there it is. There are some that can make a case that hockey sweaters sold as recently as last year could qualify as throwbacks, since all the NHL teams adopted the EDGE template.

So what is legally stopping M&N from taking this to the most ridiculous extreme and selling a "throwback" 2006 Reggie Bush rookie jersey? IIRC, the Browns don't use that font any more (a holdover from the Kosar years), and they may be (finally!) phasing out that :censored: dog's head which never should have ever appeared on any team -- all right, I'm stifling my Mother Of All Rants about the :censored: dog's head. For now. My question remains - could a 1996 hat be rightfully considered a throwback and thus be eligible for M&N to make and sell? And where is the line drawn?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived