The Cleveland Brownies

MattMilone

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting rid of the dog makes it infinitely better.

Overall, I like it, but not for the Browns. The design itself is nice, although it eliminates the best use of striping currently available in the NFL. The stripes on the sleeves and the socks look so good on the Browns, and it's a shame that they've gone by the wayside. I wouldn't want them to trade in what they wear now for these, but that isn't to say these wouldn't look good on someone else.

I echo the call to continue modifying the <=B=>. Start by modifying the "B" to a "C". Most monograms refer to the city/state, not the nickname (see: Bears, Packers, Giants, 49ers, 99% of college teams), so if you're going to change the look, you might as well make it more "appropriate" for lack of a better term.

I'm not sure about two pairs of brown pants to accommodate the alternate jersey. I have grudgingly come to accept that alternate jerseys are here to stay. Most fans seem to like them, and they're a cash cow for the teams. But alternate pants are a waste of money. The vast majority of people outside this community would never realize that the team was wearing slightly different pants with the alternate jersey. And since I've never seen the NFL sell authentic or replica pants - mind you, this is a league that sells EVERYTHING - it's not like fans are lining up to buy the alt pants to wear with their alt jersey. Hell, they're not buying the primary pants. Why invest so much of your design into an element most are oblivious to and all wouldn't buy?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

What about Copper (#B87333)

I think that would be a good color to replace the Orange thats been around for so many years & the burnt orange that was used years ago was much dark then what they have now & i think copper would be a good upgrade with a metallic copper helmet, maybe a bit of a darker Brown like the old seal brown to of set that gray in the face mask .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I love the concept, I respect the fact that you're modernizing the uniforms and ditched the gray facemask.....Here in a nutshell is what I would like to see

HOME UNIFORM: BROWN JERSEY, WHITE PANTS

AWAY UNIFORMS: WHITE JERSEY, WHITE PANTS

HOME ALTERNATE #1: BROWN JERSEY, ORANGE PANTS

AWAY ALTERNATE#1: WHITE JERSEY, BROWN PANTS

HOME ALTERNATE#2: ORANGE JERSEY W/ WHITE or BROWN PANTS

AWAY ALTERNATE#2: WHITE JERSEY, ORANGE PANTS

The B football is superior to the dog as a primary logo, but I could see the dawg involved with a few revisions. the white on white set bothers me because the stripe abruptly changes when it hits the pants, but onerall, very nice (especially the B football).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

one thing i'd fix are the points of the football. The inner brown is pointed where as the white and outer brown is squared off.

other than that, this is soild!

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Hey Matt,

Leave the Browns alone! When worn correctly (White pants, White jersey, White striped socks or White pants, Brown jersey and Brown striped socks) the CLEVELAND BROWNS uniform ranks up there in the pantheon of untouchable combos with the New York Yankees, Montreal Canadiens and Indiana basketball. The last thing the Browns need is another variation of those crapass Nike/Reebok/adidas templates that look like they were done by a third-grader with a set of multi-colored marker pens. Geez, what's it gonna take to have you guys leave the Browns uniforms alone? And as far as a logo let's stick with "Brownie the elf" on jackets, fanwear, etc. Use him on everything but the helmets or uniforms. I've been a Browns fan since 1958 and hated the Orange pants and hate the Brown "leotards" even more.

Hey Matt,

Leave the Browns alone! When worn correctly (White pants, White jersey, White striped socks or White pants, Brown jersey and Brown striped socks) the CLEVELAND BROWNS uniform ranks up there in the pantheon of untouchable combos with the New York Yankees, Montreal Canadiens and Indiana basketball. The last thing the Browns need is another variation of those crapass Nike/Reebok/adidas templates that look like they were done by a third-grader with a set of multi-colored marker pens. Geez, what's it gonna take to have you guys leave the Browns uniforms alone? And as far as a logo let's stick with "Brownie the elf" on jackets, fanwear, etc. Use him on everything but the helmets or uniforms. I've been a Browns fan since 1958 and hated the Orange pants and hate the Brown "leotards" even more.

Dude, it's a concept. Why you going postal on him?

Besides, this thread is over 2 frickin years old.

I like the uniform idea... but not for the Browns. Maybe for the Jaguars or Arizona... but the Browns are just one of those teams that you don't do a total uniform revamp.

I would like to see the Browns bring back the orange pants, and add stripes to the brown pants. Other than that, i liked the orange jersey from the '04 season... and it would be nice to dedicate 1 or 2 weeks of the season to the orange jersey (in the classic Brown style of course), just to mix it up for the fans.

Like i said, i like the uniform, just not for the Brownies.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Hey Matt,

This guy is known to get a little touchy when people mess with those deemed "untouchable". However I agree with Mccall, concepts are a chance to forget tradition. Nice 2 year bump, too.

Old topic, but I think the concept is awesome.

I don't get why people get so offended by concepts. It's not like Reebok watches this forum and there's any chance this will be what is adopted by the Browns. It's just a creative idea.

Previous NFL Designs:

New York Football Giants

Concept:

So if you all recall, one year after the QB formerly known as Michael Vick started playing, the Falcons updated the look. So it's time to link Brady Quinn with some new jerseys (that he'll never wear as a long as Derrick Anderson plays the Bengals every week). I re-designed the "Bulldog" logo that floated around as a secondary for the Brownies, making it a little sleeker and less, how do say, confusing (all those "wobbly" lines hurt my head).

NewLogocopy.jpg

Now if Vick signs with the Browns, I would LOVE to see the logo on the helmet. Other than that leave the poor Brownies alone, they already lost the team once, don't take away boring plain their helmet.

Hey Matt,

No kidding. I saw this thread and was ready to comment on his work. Then I noticed I already had...in 2007.

As a Browns fan, I have no problem with people doing concepts, updates etc. Some of the work I've seen is really good. None of it has been anything I'd want to replace over what The Browns currently wear but I am very biased. Still, there's no reason for a Browns fan to go off on someone for doing a concept. As I said, some of the stuff has been really good work.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived