Rest of 2008 MLB Changes

StevieY19

I thought that maybe the Indians change would be to add a red alt, since I saw a lot of red in the stands during the Tigers sweep. The past two days it seemed like everyone in the stands was wearing red. A "C" cap is a good addition.

The Royals light blue is nice, but I'd have preferred the darker blue be used as an outline. (And I think the reason they've waited so long to bring the powders back is because they wanted to find a way to avoid the matching pants.)

A's black looks better ... is this the start of the Fremont look?

And the Phillies... not bad, but I could see the blue cap being ditched again.

And that list is missing something, anything for the Cubs. (Still waiting for a road uni tweak.)

Well if we lose 2 games in a row in them, im sure they will dissapear, which is always a stupid reason, either way im pickin up that hat.

I am kinda sad tho if the interleague hat is gone.

Where did you see this?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought that maybe the Indians change would be to add a red alt, since I saw a lot of red in the stands during the Tigers sweep. The past two days it seemed like everyone in the stands was wearing red. A "C" cap is a good addition.

The Royals light blue is nice, but I'd have preferred the darker blue be used as an outline. (And I think the reason they've waited so long to bring the powders back is because they wanted to find a way to avoid the matching pants.)

And that list is missing something, anything for the Cubs. (Still waiting for a road uni tweak.)

Well if we lose 2 games in a row in them, im sure they will dissapear, which is always a stupid reason, either way im pickin up that hat.

Where did you see this?

The first post in the thread says

Philadelphia

-Elimination of alternate cap

-Addition of alternate uniform and cap

So that means elimination of the interleague hat, cause thats our only alt hat from last year. Oh and I was sarcastic about the blue hat remark, at least I hope we would still were it a bit even if we lose some games in it.

you would think that the Royals would have actually done the smart thing and make the nameplate and numbers ROYAL BLUE on the light blue jersey....

of course, the light blue jersey I feel isn't necessary to begin with.

and I'd say that Indians set is atrocious, but some members would accuse me of insulting them :rolleyes:

Where did you see this?

The first post in the thread says

Philadelphia

-Elimination of alternate cap

-Addition of alternate uniform and cap

So that means elimination of the interleague hat, cause thats our only alt hat from last year. Oh and I was sarcastic about the blue hat remark, at least I hope we would still were it a bit even if we lose some games in it.

No, I was asking where you saw the A's new jersey, but the pic works for me now. Those things are ugly.

you would think that the Royals would have actually done the smart thing and make the nameplate and numbers ROYAL BLUE on the light blue jersey....

of course, the light blue jersey I feel isn't necessary to begin with.

and I'd say that Indians set is atrocious, but some members would accuse me of insulting them :rolleyes:

You know...mr shark...your opinions mean absolutely nothing...because I know where your comments and your signature is directed towards...

Obviously your comments are just comments.... And when you try to state your case - you have no facts to support it...

Milwaukee

-Removal of commemorative sleeve patch

I assume this means the 1982 patch on the retro uniforms. I really hope they (the retro unis) don't come back next year. This year was semi-OK because it was the 25th anniversary of the '82 team, but the current team is actually good now and there is no need to keep holding on to the past. Give this team their own identity. Down with the ball and glove!

Milwaukee

-Removal of commemorative sleeve patch

I assume this means the 1982 patch on the retro uniforms. I really hope they (the retro unis) don't come back next year. This year was semi-OK because it was the 25th anniversary of the '82 team, but the current team is actually good now and there is no need to keep holding on to the past. Give this team their own identity.

replace "Brewers" with "49ers" and I am in complete agreement.

although I do agree with you about the Brewers too.

The all sky blue Jays uniform is hideous.

It was hideous in 1980 and its hideous in 2008.

What was wrong with the current "Rays" colors? Gee navy blue. What a new concept. :rolleyes: They will lose 90 games a year, if they are wearing pink polka dots. What does it matter?

The White Sox should have kept the sleevless and dumped those drab home whites. Only the Yanks can pull that look off.

The White Sox should have kept the sleeveless and dumped those drab home whites. Only the Yanks can pull that look off.

Putting black sleeves on it makes it no longer "drab"? I like the sleeveless look, but when teams start wearing dot-matrix gradient undershirts and Under Armour (below) I now realize it's a loophole that should be closed. Without MLB's enforcement, it could end up like the bell-bottoms-strapped-to-the-spikes trend.

img10358947.jpg

At one point weren't the White Sox sleeveless actually attached black sleeves?

I can't access the link here at work. Could someone post the Phillies image?

Thanks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like the idea of a 1950 throwback for the phils, I have been saying so for years, but I don't buy any of this for a second until its proven to be the real deal. The NHL thread made me very suspicious to leaks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthrea...hreadid=2631077

Scroll down for every new patch and jersey.

The Indians have the best new threads for 08 - very retro (early 50's)

If the A's are going to black - it won't change anything - it will still be hideous... Just leave it at green and gold - the simpler the better - and what

they have now is ok...

The Rays is good - but ordinary...except for the alternates... I see a little bit of those awful football side panels on the cap and on the jersey.

The Blue Jays got it right - with the powder blues - the Royals got it half right - it should all be powder blue just like the Jays and like those old

Royals road uniforms from the 80s....

The Phillies is OK - i still prefer the pinstripes however..they've always had it since the 1950s.

I don't think that it is very early 50's though. There is more of a resemblance to the late 50's early 60's uniforms but there is some light pinstriping. The hats look different too.

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dre...mp;increment=18

The hat looks similar the 1978-85 one with a blue brim instead of red?

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?prod...1452349.1452728

I can't access the link here at work. Could someone post the Phillies image?

Thanks.

phialt.jpg

Pretty spiffy if you ask me, blue hats or no.

Well, I've been saying for years (along with Vitiman D) that the best alt. option for the Phillies would be a throwback to the 48 set, which these appear to be based on. Unfortunately, they used the modern wordmark (which I hate in comparison to the 48-19 version, and even the 50s version) and number fonts.

Better than a solid-red jersey, and I don't hate it, but I think it was a slightly missed opportunity. Good to see some blue come back though.

I like the idea of a 1950 throwback for the phils, I have been saying so for years, but I don't buy any of this for a second until its proven to be the real deal. The NHL thread made me very suspicious to leaks.

This seems like a pretty thorough collection. If it's fake, it's very well done, with the format of the MLB changes press release correct and the accurate template to go along with it. It'd have to be an elaborate scheme.

That said, for you conspiracy theorists out there: One mistake I noticed is that the side view of the Indians new navy cap shows a black bill. The front view shows navy. My guess is that's an MLB oversight, though, and the bill will be navy.

The silence of those in the know is telling as well. I'd think if these were fake there'd be a chorus of "BS" from them. The fact they aren't touching this thread (although it's still early) seems to indicate they want no part of it to protect what they fear they'd lose if they confirm.

Funny thing about the Internet... somebody always leaks. CC shut it down here, but now this other site puts them up. We'll see if they're still around next year to do the same, but this is the most complete MLB leak collection I've seen in some time, if not ever.

Archived