Rest of 2008 MLB Changes

StevieY19

Milwaukee

-Removal of commemorative sleeve patch

I assume this means the 1982 patch on the retro uniforms. I really hope they (the retro unis) don't come back next year. This year was semi-OK because it was the 25th anniversary of the '82 team, but the current team is actually good now and there is no need to keep holding on to the past. Give this team their own identity. Down with the ball and glove!

That's exactly what it means. They'll keep the alts.

There is a great need for the classic uniforms - Brewers fans have overwhelmingly said so, every single chance they have.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In regards to the Phillies, I still want a jersey with the word "Philadelphia" on it. Something like what Uni-Watch posted a while back.

At least they were thinking about it...

The whole word.

IMO the Philadelphia script just looks silly. Maybe it would look OK if it was in a block font like San Fransisco's jersey, but not in that ridiculous faux-script font that they use.

Also, could someone upload the other pics to a photobucket or some other image host so I can see them? I'd really appreciate it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

UniWatch is linking to it now, with no skepticism on the authenticity. He said he had seen the Rays unis, so I think these are legit.

Also, someone in the comments said "alternate" was a mistake. Those are simply BP jerseys, which of course as the Mariners and other have shown us can be worn as alts...

1. The Rays do NOT look minor league. Minor league unis are usually pretty fun. This is bland, corporate, inoffensive schlock, and I need to get my hands on a green Rays hat NOW.

2. Are we sure the Indians' "I" cap is disappearing? If so, I need one quicker than I need the Rays cap above.

3. Dear Philadelphia- please come out with an alternate uniform and cap, maybe for Sundays, which prominently feature maroon again. Not throwbacks per se, but I miss the maroon.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Forget MS Paint, those new Rays logos and uniforms look like they were done in Microsoft WORD. It's basic seriffed font with the letters merged together, and the R stylized slightly. Plus the fact that all the uniforms simply say "Rays" makes it even more boring. They couldn't even keep Tampa Bay on the aways? The colors look nice together, but is not necessarily what they should've gone with. I think they dropped the ball on these big time.

It's like they were letting all this hype build up for about 2 years and then at the last minute realized they didn't actually have anything ready and went on someone's computer, typed out the words, threw in the ray they've been using, and wal-la (sp?), the new Tampa Bay Rays.

I'm seeing a lot of cream. I think it's a good trend.

That's what she said.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I love the new Indians jersey and hat. As a stand alone they look great. As a stand alone all the alts. look good. I just wonder how the block INDIANS and block C will work when the rest of the identity package is based off the script Indians?

fade.gif

Tampa Bay: Blue. How original. (Hey, here's a thought: How about adding pinstripes? I know it sounds crazy, but some people think it's a classy look.) Downgrade.

Powder blues: In every case where powder blue was worn in the '70s and '80s, the ROAD team wore them. So it makes no sense to have powder blue as a home alt. Particularly the Blue Jays.

Oakland's black: Cratering downgrade.

Philly and Cleveland home alts: Meh.

Packers-2.png

I'm kind of torn about the Indians' changes. On one hand, I have a lot of money to shell out now that they're removing the silver from the home and road caps. Yeah, I think they should have done it a long time ago, but I still don't like that I just bought them this year. Also, I really am going to miss the Sunday home alt. I'm definitely in the minority there, but I thought they were just Sharp with a capital S.

On the other hand... I love everything about the new home alt... and I do like the C cap (Though why they didn't use a whishbone C year I don't quite understand. Those were my favorite.)

Ah well... I really need to just resign myself to the fact that I'll never be up to date with all my Indians caps.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

^ agreed, proper socks and piping is essential on any Phils throwback or alt based on the throwback.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Apparently, the sartorial disasters worn by Cleveland and St Louis in the "Civil Rights Game" appeal to someone in the Cleveland front office...BORING!

The Oakland alternate, I like, especially the three-color treatment.

TB...here's another blown opportunity...BORING!

I don't think the KC alternate works. Probably will only be worn at home.

Toronto...why?????

Bad year for unveilings.

Archived