Sign in to follow this  
StevieY19

Rest of 2008 MLB Changes

I'm seeing a lot of cream. I think it's a good trend.

That's what she said.

Michael Scott? is that you?

Seeing the Yankee Stadium final season patch I honestly teared up a little.

A lot of memories there....

Wow, that guy basically showed everything..

FYI, I have an account on that forum. :P

All of the best CCSLC'ers do (A Film By Uwe Boll)

I really like the Royals and the Blue Jays return to the powder blue, especially the Blue Jays since its in their name. The Rays are awful. Great colors and could have done much more. Are the Indians hats all navy or navy crown with black visor? The A's new alternate will probably disappear as quickly as the 2000 black version.

Damn those Phillies! They had held steadfastly to the notion that there are two game uniforms: red pinstripes at home, grays on the road. And except for throwback nights and the one time in San Diego when they opted to wear their batting practice shirts in a game, there was nothing but red pinstripes at home and grays on the road since the 1992 redesign. What changed their mind? Something new to market to the fan base? Having two different colored batting practice tops wasn't cutting it (blue road BP tops, red home BP tops)?

As pointed out, the leaked image is not as much a strict throwback as much as it is inspired by the 1948 set. The leaked image suggests a break from current Phillies jersey convention since there is no sleeve number.

While 2007 saw the ranks of 2-jersey-only teams increase by one (remove of blue Cub game jerseys), 2008 will now offset that loss.

The Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium patches are beautiful. Very classy and good looking

The Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium patches are beautiful. Very classy and good looking

Both created by the incomparable Todd Radom.

Both created by the incomparable Todd Radom.

As I've said before, he should have been tabbed to create the new Tampa Bay Rays identity.

Yes, he should have.

Those two stadium patches alone ought to make him first on the list of designers to call when your team needs a facelift.

Toronto

-Change to road jersey lettering

-Addition of sleeve patch to road jersey

-Change to batting practice jersey lettering

-Addition of alternate uniform (all-sky blue pullover jersey from the 80s)

Not bad changes. I wounder what they are going to do with the road script ( like a complete different script ? ). It will be nice to see a patch on the jerseys, since they are plain right now. I still like to see the blue, but im glad they are bringin back the 80's retro look as an alternate uniform. But they still need a remake, because they need blue in the Blue Jays once again lol.

I'm seeing a lot of cream. I think it's a good trend.

That's what she said.

That was fresh . . . . . in 1991.

All the good ones have staying power!

That's what she said

Yikes, The Rays are the Nu Padres meets Los Dodgeros meets a PowerPoint presentation. That organization is dead to me.

They're actually trying to go with the Rays of Sunshine look with the atrocious "R"? If so, then make the hat a frikkin' "R" with the sunshine glint, and not the abbreviation for tuberculosis!

someone mentioned the White Sox vest alts being faux-sleeveless at one point. This is actually very true, those jerseys have only really been vests since 05 (or whichever season Nike-issued undershirts had that white stitching). From the season they were first used until 05, they were faux vests, like the Angels' old jerseys.

All of the best CCSLC'ers do (A Film By Uwe Boll)

I didn't know this forum was also intreresting in reading about pants-crapping and goon rushes.

Awesome!

Yeah, that's just about the mother of all leaks...although our whole offseason has been ruined now. Once all the NHL uniforms were unveiled, the next thing to look forward to was speculating on baseball changes.

You stole my offseason! Wah! :P

it can be the new Rays uniforms and logos ???

it's so boring... minor league soccer team have a better identity !

who's the designer ? did the rays organisation find him in Tchetchenia or it's Santa's elf (because of the christmas star on the R) ?????

seriously, everyone can do better than that !!!

i remember all the great concept on the redesign the rays topics.

Green was so unused in the MLB... why changed for this stuff ???

and they need 2 years of reflexion for that ??? it makes me sick !!!!!!!!!!

Ok for removing the "devil" (too long name) but the new wordmark is so classicly boring.

and the logo looks so unprofessional.

want to change colors... why not ? just ad old gold to the green and black like the Dallas Stars and you got a great color scheme.

thanks god i have the current Home, road & BP jersey (+ hats).

i will spend no money for this new stuff... flavorless !!!

if it's really the final new Rays identity, my only hope is a relocation to New Orléans in few years with New logos, name & uniforms who really kicks ass!!!!

Louisiana Cajuns !!!

Geaux Tigers !

LSU NCAA n°1