Eagles in Throwbacks

SmoothieX

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One other thing I had to go back and look at:

I'm near positive that back in the '30s the Eagles' jerseys (same with every other team) were nameless. Am I the only one who happened to notice the Iggles' lil' throwback sets INCLUDED surnames?

If you gon' do throwback, throw it ALL THE WAY BACK...I mean, those things were atrocious enough, but that lil' detail right there really cost them some points.

(Unless the NFL has a rule requiring surnames on its jerseys...as if anyone was actually able to READ them...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

(Unless the NFL has a rule requiring surnames on its jerseys...as if anyone was actually able to READ them...)

I'm sure there is, which is why they did it.

Personally, I like it for what it is. It's a throwback. It's a one-off promotion for an anniversary. That's it. They'll be auctioned off, and anyone who wants a replica on their own can shell out the $70 for it, and it'll be nice to have. Any throwbacks in the future will be kelly green and silver.

philly.png

One other thing I had to go back and look at:

I'm near positive that back in the '30s the Eagles' jerseys (same with every other team) were nameless. Am I the only one who happened to notice the Iggles' lil' throwback sets INCLUDED surnames?

If you gon' do throwback, throw it ALL THE WAY BACK...I mean, those things were atrocious enough, but that lil' detail right there really cost them some points.

I'm going to assume you're kidding here, or taking this a tad bit too seriously. But, while you're at it you might also have noticed that the Eagles didn't temporarily change their name to the Yellow Jackets and play the game in Frankford.

Philadelphia doesn't usually play the throwback jersey/gimme more money game, and it was nice to see them do for a particular reason rather than just a gimmick. Andy Reid hates them, the players hate them, and I imagine the Frankford Yellow Jackets hated them, but at least they made the point that the organization has changed a lot in 75 years.

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

Lurie and Co. seem to have some geniune dislike for the Kelly green. I cannot figure it out, but with them in charge I highly doubt you would see the Eagles sport kelly green at all, even though the '60, '80 and early '90s jerseys would be far better then the unis they trotted out.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

412flVRvqeL._AA280_.jpg

Wow, those look fantastic.

IMO - the single WORST NFL uniform ever. Seriously. Worse than the monstrosities that are the current Bills, or any of the trendy RBK piping fests going on today.

What made those so horrible - besides the just stupid mis-matched striping on the sleeves - was the fact that they wore those on that heavy, practice-material-like fabric. You could see the pads underneath.

Just awful.

Lurie and Co. seem to have some geniune dislike for the Kelly green. I cannot figure it out, but with them in charge I highly doubt you would see the Eagles sport kelly green at all, even though the '60, '80 and early '90s jerseys would be far better then the unis they trotted out.

ATTENTION THREAD SKIMMERS! RE-READ ABOVE!

Korkie told you why you'll never see kelly green and silver in Philadelphia so long as the Luries own the team. While we Philadelphians heartily agree with you, and love silver and green like they're family, we've long since come to terms with the fact that it's not going to happen any time soon. Despite persistent calls for even one game, it's his team, and his decision.

It's not that we're not on your side... we've just moved on.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

ATTENTION THREAD SKIMMERS! RE-READ ABOVE!

Korkie told you why you'll never see kelly green and silver in Philadelphia so long as the Luries own the team. While we Philadelphians heartily agree with you, and love silver and green like they're family, we've long since come to terms with the fact that it's not going to happen any time soon. Despite persistent calls for even one game, it's his team, and his decision.

It's not that we're not on your side... we've just moved on.

I'm glad you pointed that out, because I was going to say why we'll never see the kelly greens. If it takes getting rid of Lurie to be able to see the kelly green jerseys again, I'd rather never see them again.

Archived