Green Dots on back of QB helmets

agentrygraphics

In two games I've seen today, Steelers vs. Niners and (in progress) Panthers vs Falcons, The quarterbacks have a neon green dot on the back of their helmets.

Anyone know what they are for?

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

It has been previously discussed, but the dots represent players who have wireless communication devices in their helmets. As to why the dots are nescesarry, I have yet to receive an adequate explanation, even in the previous thread.

It seems like I read somewhere that the reason behind the dots is that before this season it would have been easy for another player on the field to use a helmet with the radio built in. Theoretically the QB, backs, and receivers all could have bene wearing radio helmets. Of course that would have been cheating and no team would be doing that. :rolleyes:

This year, with the green dots actually manufactured into the helmet, the refs can make sure no one else on the field has a radio helmet.

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

It has been previously discussed, but the dots represent players who have wireless communication devices in their helmets. As to why the dots are nescesarry, I have yet to receive an adequate explanation, even in the previous thread.

It seems like I read somewhere that the reason behind the dots is that before this season it would have been easy for another player on the field to use a helmet with the radio built in. Theoretically the QB, backs, and receivers all could have bene wearing radio helmets. Of course that would have been cheating and no team would be doing that. :rolleyes:

This year, with the green dots actually manufactured into the helmet, the refs can make sure no one else on the field has a radio helmet.

The green dots are NOT MANUFACTURED into the helmet. They are only removable decals

In two games I've seen today, Steelers vs. Niners and (in progress) Panthers vs Falcons, The quarterbacks have a neon green dot on the back of their helmets.

Anyone know what they are for?

It means they get to take home the centerpiece.

You're wrong. It's actually part of the NFL's salute to Irish-Americans.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The green dots are NOT MANUFACTURED into the helmet. They are only removable decals

Let me re-phrase what I meant. Manufactured was probably the wrong word. The green dots are placed under the clear protective coating so that they can't be removed.

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

Let me re-phrase what I meant. Manufactured was probably the wrong word. The green dots are placed under the clear protective coating so that they can't be removed.

Unless that protective coating was scratched off.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived