Ok State Coach pissed about newspaper article.

HatManTC

Fact: Coaches who worry too much about what's being written or reported by the media just aren't doing their jobs, or have something else to hide.

So why do we have a media then? I thought the goal of columnists would be to get people to pay attention to them. Why write them if the coaches aren't supposed to worry about them?

Whatever happened to sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me?

My, you are naive/idealistic. The media is predicated on the concept that words will hurt you.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• 3 weeks later...
Did you enjoy Gundy's meltdown? Do you like funny parodies? Are you looking for a Toyota? Then check this out:

You know, that was actually pretty well done. The jokes are obvious, but he pulled it off.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Nothing anyone can say will convince me this woman had a right to slam a kid for having a relationship with his mother. in fact, this is exactly why I quit trying to be a sportswriter. Sportswriters in particular have a hard time distinguishing "legal" from "ethical." Sure, it was perfectly "legal" for this woman to write what she did, but in the same way it's legal for me to be a complete a**hole to everyone I come into contact with... just because something can be done doesn't mean it should be done.

S**t like this is why I decided I didn't want to be a sportswriter. If I had to guess, I'd say 95% of them are bitter, pathetic idiots who take themselves way too seriously. They became "journalists" (and I use that term lightly) because they couldn't make it as athletes and are constantly around people (athletes) who are living the dream they (sportswriters) only wish they could. That causes sportswriters to hold athletes to standards they'd never hold themselves to.

The kid had every right to be exicted to see his mother... he's from Houston which is over 500 miles from Stillwater. If I was a betting man, I'd wager that Jenni Whatshername has never been more than 100 miles from home.

Archived