Dany heatley to return to thrashers tomorrow

nitroseed

Thats insane, and I'm chosing to attribute it to the fact that you like to be polarizing. Mistake, JQK.

Excuse me? Yea, sometimes if i'm bored i'll be an agitator or play devils advocate for a subject, but this is one that i wholeheartedly believe. Heatley killed a man, doing something wreckless, irresponsible, and he should be in jail right now for manslaughter, instead of playing a game and having fun. And for your info i have never done anything wreckless enough to warrent the death of me or any friends that were with me at the time. So fu*k you, and fu*k Dan Heatley.

(Is that "polarizing" enough for you, jackass...)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Indeed. Very polarizing. Well done.

I'm not in favor of putting the guy on a pedestal, or catering to him. I'm just saying, :censored: heatley is an awful strong sentiment.

All in all, I think a lot of the press about him being back is warrented. The guy who put the puck in the net 4 times in last year's All Star game has missed 3/4 of the season due to injury and is back. That IS a news story.

I think if the prosecutors find reason to charge him, i will abide by their decision, and say that he must have deserved the jail time. If they don't, i will say he doesn't deserve it. To pretend we know what happened is wrong. We don't know.

(by the way, when i said "Mistake, JQK", i meant, "heatley made a mistake, JQK" I didn't mean to say that YOU made a mistake by being polarizing, devils advocate. I actually enjoy that, and do it myself at times.)

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

As for the game, Heatley was good, but not great. The Blues got robbed by the refs.

The Blues had an idle puck and an open net to fire at five times in overtime and couldn't get a stickblade on the damned thing.  As a huge Blues fan I just can't blame this one on the zebras.

As for the Heatley deal - there are two perspectives here.  The sports pages and broadcasters are going to play this up because Atlanta's star player is returning after a long injury.  The "human interest" story tacked on to it skews the purely sporting perspective.  Frankly, I'm a big one on the issue of personal responsibility.  The bottom line here is that if Heatley were obeying the speed limit or even maintaining a speed slightly over it (as we are all prone to do), Dan Snyder would probably still be alive.  He's responsible - open and shut case.  Do I have sympathy for Heatley because of the accident?  No.  I don't feel that he made a mistake - he consciously decided to drive his car way too fast for conditions.  That's not a mistake - that's an unwise decision.  Do I think he should be publicly damned and chastised for his unwise decision?  No.  People do dumb things all the time.  Attention should be paid to it in hopes others won't do the same dumb thing he did, but he shouldn't be made a pariah or a victim.

And JQK - I thought you were ALWAYS a Devils advocate.  I wasn't aware you rooted for any other team.   :D

Wow JQK isn't holding back on this one!! Personally I don't really know. My brother died in a traffic accident, and while the circumstances were very different, I personally don't hold the driver of the car he crashed into responsible. I find it a bit strange that Heatley should choose to play before the due process of law has been completed. I am sure the Thrashers would have been prepared to let im wait until any actions resulting from the accident had been completed. But hey, I guess he wants his life to get back to normal.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

All I know, is that if I killed a passenger in a one-car wreck in my car because I was going well over the speed limit, I wouldn't be able to get off of it, same as everyone on this board. I'm also pissed off that he is being made into a victim. He killed a man because of his OWN stupid decisions and his OWN stupid lack of responsibility for his actions any time he stepped into a car. It's a joke that he gets to return by the all-star break, and Snyder is dead through no fault of Snyder's own because of Heatley's stupid mistake. He's not a victim... he's a lucky, lucky guy for getting to even touch the ice again.

IUe6Hvh.png

Well the fact is that the Family didn't want to press charges so they see it as an accident. I think that if the family of Dan Snyder can forgive him why couldn't you? We don't really know what happened, Snyder could have been contributing to the speed by edging him on or having a good time. It's what people do, they jack-around and this time it unfortunately ended in the death of a person. I think you should be able to forgive him. It was the family's perrogative to press cahrges but they didn't they forgave him. He isn't a murderer. He didn't want his friend to die. He didn't want any of this. Just forgive the guy.

Archived