Ultimate NCAA Baseball Project

vicfurth

Okay, I really don't want to do this but either post a new concept or will a moderator take this off.

It had fallen off the front page until you resurrected it. Thanks a lot.... <_<

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, ok, settle down, guys. I will unveil tomorrow, for sure. I have been out of pocket, feeling out what turned out to be a very weird schedule. I will unveil when I can (hopefully by the time I say).

For future reference, Mods, if anyone starts trying to pull crap (Lookin' at you Zacman), please warn them or at least edit. Stuff like that's unwarranted.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

From now on I will type"Z" to keep this thing on page 1.

If you pull crap like that, this thread could be graveyarded or you could be banned. Just be forewarned.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Man, this takes me back. I re-read this, and I got inspired to unveil more of these (roughly ten more done; I might do more soon).

Only difference this time is that I'm removing the voting aspect of this thread. I simply don't have time to go through and tally votes. Patience, though, as all will be seen/shown, lol.

I give you one that I unveiled in a separate thread, with no comments, so:

I give you the OK State Cowboys, take two...

oklahomastatecowboys.png

COMMENT!!! lol

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

We have yet another tie between Tulane, Wyoming, and North Texas. This time, there was no specific way to tell which one to unveil first, so I just picked one. So...

Time for the 11th set:

TULANE GREEN WAVE!!!

tulanegreenwave.gif

Tulane is definitely more traditional than the Iowa State set. At the same time, it has subtle elements that you could see and automatically associate with the Green Wave. Specifically are the pelican--which is present on all three jerseys--and the actual wave striping I added to the alternate. I really like this one.

ADDED:

kansas-white-sm.gif

Remaining teams:

Arizona Wildcats

Baylor Bears

Boise St. Broncos

Cal-Los Angeles ("UCLA") Bruins

Colorado Buffaloes

Dartmouth Big Green

Duke Blue Devils

Elon Phoenix

Florida Gators

Fordham Rams

Kansas Jayhawks

Nebraska Cornhuskers

North Texas Mean Green

Oklahoma Sooners

Pittsburgh Panthers

Richmond Spiders

Samford Bulldogs

Texas Christian Horned Frogs

Vanderbilt Commodores

Wyoming Cowboys

Xavier Musketeers

Voting ends again Wednesday. Here's how the poll looks right now...

ULTIMATE NCAA PROJECT POLLS:

1t) Wyoming - 4

1t) North Texas - 4

3t) Florida - 2

3t) Fordham - 2

3t) Richmond - 2

3t) Vanderbilt - 2

7t) Boise State - 1

7t) Duke - 1

7t) Nebraska - 1

7t) UCLA - 1

Keep voting and commenting!

As a Tulane grad...and a lifelong fan of the Green Wave, here are some likes and dislikes about these jerseys..

The continued use of Sky Blue on the jerseys, and the fact that you weren't tempted to throw that awful Sea Foam Green that's in the wave itself somewhere on there. I like how you kept up the tradition of the traditional number fonts and lines of the unis. Very clean. Very happy you didn't throw silly piping or something that Nike threw up on the homes and aways.

Dislikes:

Black is NOT in the logo. It's not on the "Wave T", not on the name, not anywhere. I'm so tired of Tulane athletics trying to shoehorn Black somewhere on the unis. Basketball and football finally got it right, and baseball keeps doing it. Using Black is using a color that's not on the logo. Black bills on the hats have to go. Fast. Use Sky Blue or Olive Green, but not Black. Also, Tulane has traditionally used a classic wordmark for the unis. Take away 2 years when we had that wordmark on the jerseys, they looked, well, like poo. I would use something from Tulane's past or something close to what's being used now, with just a few tweaks, maybe even throwing Riptide (the pelican) as an arm patch (using the Pelican "T" maybe?). Overall, I wouldn't buy this particular jersey and all and I don't think it would look all that well on the field, but I like your attempt, and this has MUCH potential. Overall, excellent job with your designs and concepts. Can't wait to see more!

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

Today I unveil a small school that nobody cared about. ;) jk

samfordbulldogs.gif

I wanted something simple with a bit of a twist. Per usual, I love finding number fonts that gel or match the script. Something I haven't unveiled in this project as of yet, I used same-color numbers and names, similar to USA's Olympic jerseys. I thought it looked a little cooler than normal white-on-blue.

Archived