Ultimate NCAA Baseball Project

vicfurth

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think there are rea$on$ other than politics, but I certainly would not object to more D1 teams in the state. It would be fun to revive the old Wisconsin-Marquette football rivalry or have something comparable to that.

40% of the UW system's budget goes to Madison while the other 12 schools get a cut of the other 60%. So no matter how you slice it, it comes down to politics.

To be fair, I doubt most Madison alumni would be against in-state competition. This is something the regents and politicians deserve the majority of the blame for.

Alright, the thread's dropping slightly, plus it's close enough to Friday, so here's the first unveiling...

NORTH CAROLINA TAR HEELS!!!

northcarolinatarheels.gif

Now for the run-down on this set. First off, my main goal to showcase UNC's traditional argyle, so I put it everywhere I could on the unis. I also wanted to back away from their current over-use of navy and Nike-fication. Overall, I think we started out with one my favorites right outta the box.

Comments and concerns are appreciated. Also, don't forget to keep voting, there are plenty, plenty more sets to come. Just so you know, UMKC has the lead by only one vote right now, so it could go any way.

Akron Zips

Alabama Crimson Tide

Arizona Wildcats

Baylor Bears

Boise St. Broncos

Cal-Los Angeles ("UCLA") Bruins

Colorado Buffaloes

DePaul Blue Demons

Duke Blue Devils

Elon Phoenix

Florida Gators

Fordham Rams

Iowa St. Cyclones

Missouri-Kansas City Kangaroos

Nebraska Cornhuskers

North Carolina Tar Heels

North Texas Mean Green

Ohio St. Buckeyes (JUST ADDED)

Richmond Spiders

Samford Bulldogs

South Florida Bulls

Texas Longhorns

Tulane Green Wave

Utah St. Aggies

Wyoming Cowboys

Next unveiling is Monday. Rock the vote!

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

UPDATED list with two new teams: Ohio St. and Stanford

Akron Zips

Alabama Crimson Tide

Arizona Wildcats

Baylor Bears

Boise St. Broncos

Colorado Buffaloes

DePaul Blue Demons

Duke Blue Devils

Elon Phoenix

Florida Gators

Fordham Rams

Iowa St. Cyclones

Nebraska Cornhuskers

North Carolina Tar Heels

North Texas Mean Green

Ohio St. Buckeyes

Richmond Spiders

Samford Bulldogs

South Florida Bulls

Stanford Cardinal

Texas Longhorns

Tulane Green Wave

Utah St. Aggies

Wyoming Cowboys

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Time for the 2nd set:

MIZZOU-KANSAS CITY KANGAROOS!

mizzoukckangaroos.gif

When I first saw UMKC's script logos, I thought they'd be perfect for a baseball uni. I went for the traditional look, with pinstripes and block numbers.

Akron Zips

Alabama Crimson Tide

Arizona Wildcats

Baylor Bears

Boise St. Broncos

Colorado Buffaloes

Dartmouth Big Green

DePaul Blue Demons

Duke Blue Devils

Elon Phoenix

Florida Gators

Fordham Rams

Iowa St. Cyclones

Nebraska Cornhuskers

North Carolina Tar Heels

North Texas Mean Green

Ohio St. Buckeyes

Richmond Spiders

Samford Bulldogs

South Florida Bulls

Texas Longhorns

Tulane Green Wave

Utah St. Aggies

Wyoming Cowboys

Just added Dartmouth to the list. I must say, they are quite the mix of traditional and daring. Keep that in mind, as voting lasts until Tuesday. Now, South Florida's in 1st.

KEEP VOTING!!!

Hell, since you led off with the alma mater, I'll see what you have in mind for one of college baseball's institutions. So I voted for Texas.

As for the UNC set: Congrats for scoring 88 out of a possible 100. Solid B+, but well short of an A+.

Points off for:

1. The "navy" looks too light. It certainly looks closer to royal - that is to say, Dook - blue than navy. With the University of New Jersey at Durham just 8 miles up the road, that's one color that can't be there. Darken it up, por favor.

2. The monogram underneath the script wordmark is kinda redundant. It says the school name above, so why use 2 identifying marks on the same uniform front?

3. Points for using City Bold to unify the athletic teams under the style of the most prominent team. But why then use a script font that isn't the print font used in the official athletic wordmarks? If you're going to unify, fine. If not, fine. But don't go halfway.

4. The argyle on the gray uniform should be white and Carolina blue diamonds. The argyle is always Carolina blue/white, with navy accents. Gray is not a school color; it's a uniform color for road uniforms. In the same way that you might have a white trim stripe on gray pants, so should the argyle diamonds be white here.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Time for the 3rd set:

SOUTH FLORDIA BULLS

southfloridabulls.gif

For South Florida, I wanted a cutting-edge traditional look. The green/gold combo isn't seen much in baseball uniforms, so it was a unique chance. The striping is tapered a bit, mostly on the neckline. I chose the number font (which is actually the LA Kings' font narrowed a bit) based on how it closely resembled the script font.

Remaining teams:

Akron Zips

Alabama Crimson Tide

Arizona Wildcats

Baylor Bears

Boise St. Broncos

Colorado Buffaloes

Dartmouth Big Green

DePaul Blue Demons

Duke Blue Devils

Elon Phoenix

Florida Gators

Fordham Rams

Iowa St. Cyclones

Nebraska Cornhuskers

North Carolina Tar Heels

North Texas Mean Green

Ohio St. Buckeyes

Richmond Spiders

Samford Bulldogs

South Florida Bulls

Texas Longhorns

Tulane Green Wave

Utah St. Aggies

Wyoming Cowboys

Voting ends again Thursday.

Keep commenting to keep this thread alive so you can see the rest, and...

KEEP VOTING!!!

Time for the 4th set:

TEXAS LONGHORNS

texaslonghorns.gif

Much as I hate UT with a passion (go A&M!!!), I do like what I came up with here. First off, UT's hats are white and grey, depending on home/away. That's just wrong in my book, so I went with the obvious burnt orange. I used a design aspect that, until now, had only graced basketball and football. That's right, people, I used the nape-logo. The script is a western font that I skewed a put a shadow on. It--along with the number font--give a distinctly different cowboy feel. It's actually similar to Wyoming that I created... OOPS, wasn't supposed to say that. ;)

Also, I added a new team to the list: Texas Christian Horned Frogs!!!

Remaining teams:

Akron Zips

Alabama Crimson Tide

Arizona Wildcats

Baylor Bears

Boise St. Broncos

Colorado Buffaloes

Dartmouth Big Green

DePaul Blue Demons

Duke Blue Devils

Elon Phoenix

Florida Gators

Fordham Rams

Iowa St. Cyclones

Nebraska Cornhuskers

North Carolina Tar Heels

North Texas Mean Green

Ohio St. Buckeyes

Richmond Spiders

Samford Bulldogs

South Florida Bulls

Texas Longhorns

Texas Christian Horned Frogs

Tulane Green Wave

Utah St. Aggies

Wyoming Cowboys

Voting ends again Saturday.

Keep commenting to keep this thread alive so you can see the rest, and...

KEEP VOTING!!!

Archived