Ultimate NCAA Baseball Project

vicfurth

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, guys. We've past the concept50 mark. Whoo! This next one is actually #52...

butlerbulldogs.png

This was my first time working with curves in Inkscape, and this piping style came out. Originally I wanted to go with the Yankee-style sleeve cut (and I coincidentally did) but put piping there as well. The piping intersects with the curving sleeve piping, creating a unique modern look.

For scripts and numbers, I went with the Cincinnati Reds' font.

Here are their currents for comparison:

2009butlerbaseball.jpg

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I have a question:

Are the designs limited for colleges which already have baseball teams, or can you make concepts for non-baseball ones too?

I hope to design every school on the mother site. :D

In that case...

My four requests are Wisconsin, Marquette, UW-Milwaukee, and UW-Green Bay please!

bYhYmxh.png

Lol, umm... Requests aren't how this thread works. ;)

kentuckywildcats.png

Nice and simple with this one. I went with some silver in it to differentiate from all the other blue/white schools. Not much different from the real unis Kentucky wears. I arched the scripts less than the real thing and switch the silver and white on the alternate.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I haven't posted on this thread in a while, personally, but I feel like it's a great thread and goes largely unnoticed, I don't know why, because you consistently put out great concepts, and it just doesn't get the amount of comments it deserves. You would think that they would get old after 50+ but you continue to put out new stuff. I rather like the Butler striping, it's going out on a limb but I like that in a baseball concept, especially college. You've been breaking out some different templates, and that's something I like. I have a MLB batting practice redesign in the books, and I've been working with some crazy templates, and I must say that I was somewhat inspired by some of the stuff on here. So thanks for that inspiration. Also, that Oregon concept I love, the undershirt is awesome and the piping on the back of the neck is a nice touch. It's fitting for a school like Oregon.

southerncaltrojans.png

For the home and away, I used USC's football uniforms as inspiration. I was also using this as an excuse to learn more curves in Inkscape, haha. As for the alternate, I also went with USC's football unis, just the older ones. I did something similar with Ohio State in that I put the sleeve striping (rather than piping) on a baseball uni, a look I've grown fond of.

Here are the currents for comparison:

pic1_12489.jpgtrojansba.jpg

Sorry, the font choice isn't bad bud overall I just like the current ones better. The stripes just don't work on a baseball uniform, The monogram logo is more suited for baseball, and I don't like the idea of having the baseball team worshiping the football team.

southerncaltrojans.png

For the home and away, I used USC's football uniforms as inspiration. I was also using this as an excuse to learn more curves in Inkscape, haha. As for the alternate, I also went with USC's football unis, just the older ones. I did something similar with Ohio State in that I put the sleeve striping (rather than piping) on a baseball uni, a look I've grown fond of.

Here are the currents for comparison:

pic1_12489.jpgtrojansba.jpg

Completely unrelated to the concept, but I went to high school with the guy in the picture on the right.

In terms of the concept, I'd relegate the trojan head to a shoulder patch and keep the interlocking "SC" on the caps.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived