It's not easy being green.

griffin128

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course there's also the #46 First Union car that Wally Dallenbach drove into obscurity in the mid to late 90's too, so perhaps all in all it's a wash in NASCAR.

don't forget Chad Little in the John Deere 97, ugh!

Funny thing about Little and the green John Deere car was the first time they ran a non-green paint scheme on the 97 he put it into the wall on the first lap!  That was at the Brickyard in 1997.

And shame on me for leaving out the Ol' Skoal Bandit Harry Gant (and Kenny Schrader who subsequently drove the car but never won a race in it).

before minnesota came back to the NHL, the stars were the only team to wear green as their primary color. i enjoyed that era... made me feel unique :)

im all for more green, and i happen to like the color alot. however, the unis ur stars wear suck despite the green. whats the point of using a unique color if the jersey temp. is just an all star rip off? however sports could use ALOT more green. its such a great color. maby a re-desighned stars uni in green. im all for that. not blue or silver though.

While the US may not be considering the CFL a major league--I do--and of the 9 teams two have green as their primary

Saskatchewan Roughriders and Edmonton Eskimos

the colour breakdown for primary is-

Black-3

Red, Green, & Blue-2

Oh & I like the idea of doing the NHL all in green.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I love green ... maybe because my high school's color was green.

When I was young, we had just green and white -- just like the Celtics. (Perhaps because our coach played for the Celtics many years before.)

A few years later, they added yellow trim ... it looked okay, but I was disappointed with them going away from the tradition we had for over 30 years.

These days, they got rid of the yellow and added black ... so it's green, white and black. And it's not just an accent color -- in the program they list black as one of the official school colors. (They never listed yellow/gold.)

Feh on black!

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Archived