It's not easy being green.

griffin128

My elementary school colors were green and brown, my middle school colors were green and white, and both my high school and college colors were green and yellow (though both schools say gold instead of yellow, but they were both Packers' colors)...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ah, green...while i've said i like the bucks' current scheme they should be in green.  and the D-Rays, they need to lighten one of their colors so you can actually tell they wear black, green and blue.  cus right now they're "um, uhh and erm." :;):

another reason to wish for the Whalers to come back :(

I love when people bring up the concept of the Bucks in green because it gives me an excuse to post this truly horrific pic ...

mp27.gif

And to think, they made a POSTER out of this display of uniform hell!

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

The Bruins dont look to bad but the Flames is just wrong on so many levels.

Hey I agree about the Flames--but it was based on a suggestion earlier in the thread, however tongue in cheek it may have been.  I actually like the colour combination, but I'm not crazy about it on the Flames.  But again it was for the sake of the topic.

The Bruins works in the sense of a St Patrick's day uni--maybe they should try it?  Actually it sort of reminds me of one of the Seals many incarnations when they were in the NHL.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

ah, green...while i've said i like the bucks' current scheme they should be in green.  and the D-Rays, they need to lighten one of their colors so you can actually tell they wear black, green and blue.  cus right now they're "um, uhh and erm." :;):

I love when people bring up the concept of the Bucks in green because it gives me an excuse to post this truly horrific pic ...

mp27.gif

Wow, the Raptors at Maple Leaf Gardens... they really didn't play too many games there, maybe only 2 in franchise history.

I remember liking those Bucks uniforms when I first saw them, but that was the 'in' thing back then.

I seem to recall Sacramento wearing half purple/half black uniforms back then, correct me if I'm wrong

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Glutton for punishment, visionary, guy who can recolour with Paint (sort of), lunatic, or something else-or a combination of these?

You decide--

3 more teams have joined the all Green NHL-

Edmonton-

oiler_green.JPG

Vancouver-

green_van.JPG

and Chicago ("Greenhawks"?)

greenhawks.JPG

(yeah it's smaller)

(templates from gcfhl & nhluniforms.com

I think the Oiler one works best--this could almost fit in the one colour scheme per city thread too (CFL Eskimos)

And yes it was intentional that the colours of the Canucks jersey are similar to their original jerseys.

Anyone up to trying the home (dark) versions of these--or the road whites of the "Greenhawks)--or other teams--or reworkings?--Hey I'm having fun.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Yeah it would be a good jersye for St. Pattys day. Im shocked NHL teams or NBA teams dont do taht in the first place several baseball teams do and its only Spring Training.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I would trust the 2004 MLB Style Guide over New Era's website.

But that's just me.

Well it's a shame but according to Pantone's new post the Rays green cap has been scrapped. Apparently style guides aren't as solid as they used to be. That's two changes already, first the Blue Jays road uni now this. It's too bad though.

The Canucks Jersy does not look half bad, However I want to try and block out the memory of that lime green Blackhawks jerse.

Why do you think the Green hawks jersey is smaller?!?

Thanks for the comments--Boston is certainly one team that would make sense for a St Patricks Day jersey.

But as for regular use I think it's worked best with Edmonton & Vancouver so far.

More to come...?

Back for more--Why? why not?

I'm taking a break from other things--and so here are 2 more teams for the All green NHL--

Atlanta-

green_thrash.JPG

It's actually not too different from what they have--maybe I should have used lime green again--or neon green--I am trying to vary the shades--so who knows what I'll use next.

Buffalo-

green_sabre.JPG

This one doesn't work for me, because of the red--but I left it that way for now.

Bonus --old (and some hope future) Buffalo jersey done in green-

green_old_buff.JPG

(Wow--paint sure messed up with discolouring on that one)

This time I recoloured work from chriscreamer.com

My men's baseball league team (the Mammoths) uses green as the primary color. We chose that because, first, blue and red were already taken, and second, green went well with the mammoth theme - with the Oakland A's elephant as the inspiration.

The problems this choice introduced, however, were immediately apparent. The hat company and jersey company had a different concept of what "Dark Green" was, one was much darker than the other. Second, it is much more difficult to get things like stirrup socks, long sleeve shirts, etc in matching greens.

ah, green...while i've said i like the bucks' current scheme they should be in green. and the D-Rays, they need to lighten one of their colors so you can actually tell they wear black, green and blue. cus right now they're "um, uhh and erm." :;):

mp27.gif

hey thanks, i was beginning to forget what it looked like.  i wish they still had those.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Nobody asked--but nobody asked me not too..yet so without further ado--the newest members of NHL green-

Colorado-

green_avs.JPG

and the Detroit "Green" wings-

green_wings.JPG

unis again from nhluniforms

Yeah, It's me again--I took a few days off--

First here's someone else's work bringing green into the Blackhawk uniform--but they may be serious--

Not my Blackhawk concepts

Now my two newest additions to NHL green--Admittedly not big changes--

Anaheim (replacing both teal & eggplant)

green_ducks.JPG

and Florida-

green_panthers.JPG

Templates this time from gcfhl

The Anaheim ones may please those who don't like eggplant--the Florida ones are kind of strange--In some ways I like it better than with the red...oh well maybe I'll hate it tomorrow.

the vancouver one is nice. i think it has the best chance of being used out of all of these. i keeps their current look while brinning back the old green-blue color scheme, a combo that is missed terribly. nice work.

Thanks--it's mostly just copy, paste, and paint can--then zoom in to fill in some spots.  Some are more than that-but it is really just re-colouring--still it is fun.

The three I like best so far--Boston, Edmonton and Vancouver.

i think your idea is solid, but it would be nice if you were able to choose some more acceptable tones of green.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived