Hornets unveil new Alt. Logo

Discogod

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know - this really isn't working that well for me.

1453764511_a21424a586_o.gif

You have to go pretty light to make the purple work against the green, and then it does have that photonegative look.

None of these really improve upon the original:

1454646886_2dfb130213_o.jpg

Right...looking at it alone, it looks like there's ever so slight room for improvement. But alongside these new ideas, it looks just perfect.

i like it. but for some reason it kinda reminds me of something a college would use

Interesting. Can you be more specific?

i couldn't really tell you why it makes me feel so, it's just a weird feeling :D . but, i guess if i had to give a reason, it would be b/c it lacks any sort of lettering (granted, it's a non-primary logo so that's not out of the ordinary, but i think it's strong enough to stand on its own as a primary). it's just a pure logo and that's just something i've always associated with colleges.

I like this logo a lot, but do the Saints have a justified complaint? Or is the fleur-de-lis enough of a New Orleans staple that anyone and everyone can get away with this?

The Saints could only complain if the new hornets logo looked something like this

snap20.jpg

Gothamite although you might not like the last recolorization you did I like it, it gives the logo a real mardi gras feel, I'd love to see those jerseys.

I like this logo a lot, but do the Saints have a justified complaint? Or is the fleur-de-lis enough of a New Orleans staple that anyone and everyone can get away with this?

The Saints could only complain if the new hornets logo looked something like this

snap20.jpg

Probably right... just a first impression. But I knew it was all over New Orleans (outside the Saints), it's just that no other New Orleans pro sports team had tried it as a primary, superimposed Hornet or no. That's all.

snap20.jpg

Gothamite although you might not like the last recolorization you did I like it, it gives the logo a real mardi gras feel, I'd love to see those jerseys.

I think the whole 'Mardi Gras' color scheme just doesn't work for a uniform set. What they have now is great, I just wish they'd play down the teal a little bit and add more purple. BTW, adding green is just a bad move. Doesn't work regardless of what shade or hue is used. Purple and Green are a uniform mess....refer to the Milwaukee Bucks from a few years ago. Adding yellow would make it even worse.

Well, at least now the Hornets can't use the "But, we don't have a replacement logo for our current 'bee-with-facial-tick' logo." excuse.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I'm surprised no one has done a recolorization like this to see how it would look, the obvious solution to 'needs more yellow'

obviously I did this really sloppily, but I think it looks nice and 'pops' this way

fleur.jpg

Actually, that looks like a bit too much yellow, to me. Maybe a real thin outline on the inside of the fleur, and leave the hornet as is?

Archived