Hornets unveil new Alt. Logo

Discogod

But whatever you do to add in more yellow, you run into problems with consistency of what is the bug, what is the fleur de lis, like I made the outline of the hornet's tail/stinger yellow to match the fleur de lis outline, but then shouldn't the rest of the outline of the hornet be yellow as well? and then there's too much yellow. So I tried making the inside of the fleur de lis yellow, but then the tail of the hornet should be yellow to match the fleur de lis, and then the rest of the hornet should become yellow again, etc. Tried a yellow outline around the whole thing, it's ok but still lacks balance...

fleur3.jpg

fleur3-1.jpg

fleur2.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I kind of think the thin yellow outline works though. But there isn't a really good solution, and the original is still awfully good in the first place.

Right. But beyond leaving it alone, I think the very last version you posted is the best modification possible--once the line is cleaned up and thinned out a bit.

Ok it took me bout' an hour to do it but I managed to vectorize their new logo myself so don't trip if it ain't to 'exact' specifications I tried to get it as close as possible.

Moving On....

I threw my color scheme in on the left using a darker version of teal (solid any color green really doesn't work) and I made their (the hornets) purple (which actually looks a lot like blue) really look like a dark purple, combined with a metallic gold basketball rather than the yellow/gold that they use now. As a bonus I added a shine to the basketball to give more contrast while also using it's shape as means to make the logo even more 'New Orleans' like which would be a symbol of a crescent! I threw their color scheme in on the right for comparison.

Logo-HornetsAlternate.png

hey there, quickly put together some different options to the 2nd logo of the hornets which they came out with. I viewed others that attempted it but didnt like anything. P.S. the green and purple logos on the other forum post topic about the Hornets logo... no good. Hurts the eyes

Quickley traced the lines in illustrator of the wing and changed the coloring. I thought the new real logo being used is too focused on the basketball and not the hornet... Its not the New Orleans Basketballs.

Also realized people were saying more yellow more yellow more yellow... so i tired it.

Also i agree on the teams official logo being outdated, and cartoonish... it looks like a cartoon hornet with sunglasses... i know you think so too.

Their creative team (if they have one, or hire me damn it, im almost done with my graphic design degree ill head right over) needs to get together and redo the look of this franchise... coloring, logo, and is the name hornets relative?

IN THE MEANTIME... HERE ARE SOME LOGOS...

Enjoy... what ya thinking?

hornets.jpg

That was my take, as wel. Nothing we have done has improved the logo at all.

hornets.jpg

I think this proves the point nicely. Trying to change the color here throws the whole thing out of balance, emphasizing one element at the expense of others. Having to make a clear distinction where the wings end and the fleur begins just ruins a beautiful design.

Anybody else click the "PRE-ORDER NEW LOGO MERCHANDISE" link in the story? It's an email link, and the response I got was "We don't know when the merchandise will be available, but we'll let you know when it is." :rolleyes:

The consensus on this board appears to be that this is a perfect logo for the Hornets I would agree BUT only if the Hornets were a WNBA team.

I don't know why, it doesn't have curly eyelashes or anything like that but this hornet just seems to scream female to me. It looks like Tinkerbell or a character from A Bugs Life holding a basketball to me. I keep going back to it, telling myself before I look that there is nothing that indicates that the hornet is female, but everytime I look I just get that impression.

Doesn't anyone else kind of see that when you look at it?

Like I said though, as a logo design, I really do like it.

Ok it took me bout' an hour to do it but I managed to vectorize their new logo myself so don't trip if it ain't to 'exact' specifications I tried to get it as close as possible.

Moving On....

I threw my color scheme in on the left using a darker version of teal (solid any color green really doesn't work) and I made their (the hornets) purple (which actually looks a lot like blue) really look like a dark purple, combined with a metallic gold basketball rather than the yellow/gold that they use now. As a bonus I added a shine to the basketball to give more contrast while also using it's shape as means to make the logo even more 'New Orleans' like which would be a symbol of a crescent! I threw their color scheme in on the right for comparison.

Logo-HornetsAlternate.png

I really like that attempt but I feel the original is still the best version.

I love the logo. Also, you can see where adidas put their imprint on it with the 3 stripes on the stinger

FTW. Idk if this is a joke or not, but still, I had to go back and double-check for the stripes, and sure enough. Made me laugh out loud.

Seriously, this logo rules. I'd go with yellow eyes, and/or a thin outline to the entire thing, if I changed anything. I think the eyes might need to be yellow personally. But still, this logo is a solid A. Not perfect, but close enough. Some of the concepts here are close...but still, nothing really beats the original.

The old logo was (and still is) one I'm quite fond of, but it looks so dated next to this...and so completely Charlotte. The color scheme tweaks, however, carry over well, so I think the teal, purple, and yellow are perfectly fine. (We can do without yellow or V-day alts, tho, thanks.) I loved the green and muted purple concept posted last, and felt that said scheme has some serious possibilities...but still, it's gotta be as-is. Don't mess with my modified-90s scheme-action, yo.

Oh, and idk if it bothered anyone else, but the hornet-bee clash was the only thing about the cutesy name that, pardon the expression, bugged me. A quick wikipedia check revealed that the name "Fleur-de-Bee," while clever, is a misnomer for this team...as hornets are technically wasps. *rainbow and "The More You Know" wordmark come out in background*

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

I don't know why, it doesn't have curly eyelashes or anything like that but this hornet just seems to scream female to me. It looks like Tinkerbell or a character from A Bugs Life holding a basketball to me. I keep going back to it, telling myself before I look that there is nothing that indicates that the hornet is female, but everytime I look I just get that impression.

Doesn't anyone else kind of see that when you look at it?

Nope. Not at all.

I love the logo. Also, you can see where adidas put their imprint on it with the 3 stripes on the stinger

I see two NIKE Swooshes on the hornet's head.

really! I do see it!

B)

EDIT: And TWO more at either side of the hornet's body!!! OH the balls they have!!!

Archived