new college 07-08 bball unis

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
even money louisville changes this year. every year since pitino has been here, there has been some sort of change made to the uniform, from minor (going from old english L to the L that is used now) to radical (2003-04 to 2004-05 to 2005-06 to 2006-07)

And not one of his designs look half as good as a classic, simple Denny Crum-era uni.

truth

although some of the designs i don't think were as horrible as many had thought. i liked the tri-color rainbow on the back of the shorts. those are my second favorite cardinal unis behind the classic plain look that coach crum used (not counting the ones that they used at the end of his career. never liked those much)

another year, another university of louisville men's basketball uni design. and these are pretty simple. i like em.

back view

front view

Nicer, relatively-speaking. But man, I hate that font!

Marquette throwbacks, according to UniWatch.

oldmarq-793420.jpg

Oh my. They should save those for the tournament and blind the competition off the court. It'd be a heck of a secret weapon.

Is this really a throwback? What year? All I remember were the years when Marquette had the over-the-waistband jerseys with the arrowheads on the sides, and the name below the number -- kind of like women's hoops in the 70s.

From the Marquette shop ...

17441-2.jpg17442-2.jpg17444-2.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

oldmarq-793420.jpg

Oh my. They should save those for the tournament and blind the competition off the court. It'd be a heck of a secret weapon.

Is this really a throwback? What year? All I remember were the years when Marquette had the over-the-waistband jerseys with the arrowheads on the sides, and the name below the number -- kind of like women's hoops in the 70s.

So Marquette left Nike and are now under Marquette Alum Dwayne Wade's Converse

oldmarq-793420.jpg

So Marquette left Nike and are now under Marquette Alum Dwayne Wade's Converse

Yeah, but Nike owns Converse, thus the reason why the uniform is actually that new Nike uniform model.

I'm not sure if I'm alone on this one, but I love those Marquette uniforms.

I had no clue coverse is owned by Nike. I thought it was pretty weird that converse was making jerseys.

I also, really like those jerseys.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Did Marquette actually use those colors? I hope so...else the cynic in me would have to say the heads at Marquette (or whoever designed this) been drankin' out the same kool-aid pitcher as the people who redid the uniforms for the Denver Nuggets and the Memphis Grizzlies (and, to an extent, the Utah Jazz).

As it is, design-wise, I'm loving the striped trim detail (and I bet Paul Lukas is busting all up in his drawers over this one), but the wordmark and the number font (which looks like it was lifted directly off Kansas' new jerseys and recolored) look, at least to me, a good bit inconsistent.

Well, if anything, I bet these things will see like crazy in and around Wisconsin. And if a Dwayne Wade version of this ever getsproduced (if it hasn't been already), well...then--y'all already know...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Is Marquette going to be using these jerseys full time? If so, I think they are great, although they will look similar to conference rival DePaul in terms of design. The two negatives of this are the neck striping not going all the way in front, and the sleeve striping not being in a complete circle. But I guess you can blame that on the new Nike jersey cut.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Is Marquette going to be using these jerseys full time? If so, I think they are great, although they will look similar to conference rival DePaul in terms of design. The two negatives of this are the neck striping not going all the way in front, and the sleeve striping not being in a complete circle. But I guess you can blame that on the new Nike jersey cut.

Syracuse has three-toned stripes along its sides as well:

17410551_z.jpg

Also, the Nike shooting shirts have hit Eastbay...

Eastbay

Did Marquette actually use those colors? I hope so...else the cynic in me would have to say the heads at Marquette (or whoever designed this) been drankin' out the same kool-aid pitcher as the people who redid the uniforms for the Denver Nuggets and the Memphis Grizzlies (and, to an extent, the Utah Jazz).

As it is, design-wise, I'm loving the striped trim detail (and I bet Paul Lukas is busting all up in his drawers over this one), but the wordmark and the number font (which looks like it was lifted directly off Kansas' new jerseys and recolored) look, at least to me, a good bit inconsistent.

Well, if anything, I bet these things will see like crazy in and around Wisconsin. And if a Dwayne Wade version of this ever getsproduced (if it hasn't been already), well...then--y'all already know...

Actually, this is not really like Kansas. This number font (and actually the lettering to go with it) have been used by Nike schools for a number of years now, primarily started with women's teams and then some men's teams started using it. Kansas State was using it until last season's "Huggins Uniform Massacre." And Marquette has been using it for the last few years. This'll be the first year of using the school's custom wordmark on the uniforms, I believe.

KU ended up changing the whole uniform not just the typeset.

OUTS1116.jpg

outs1113cs3.jpg

White Uniforms in Video Game form

Those Kansas jerseys are a disaster. In two (?) years Adidas took that school from one of the best jerseys in college basketball to total crap.

Just for comparison:

giles.jpg

Oh my gosh I just threw up! What a way to destroy a classic. I think we're officially at the point now where every team in every college/pro league mimics soccer. Every year European soccer clubs revamp the jerseys of every team. I think we've either reached that point in American sports or are quickly reaching that point where a team's look will only last one season.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Better look at UConn's Home and Away tops. They are really growing on me! I need to see the shorts for the full effect.

17501204_z.jpg

17401211_z.jpg

These are terrible. I'd rather see them wearing something ala Marquette than this garbage. Sorry, for the negativity...being an alum and diehard Husky Hoops fan I'm prone to being more passionate about the boys from Storrs than other college teams.

I hope these only last a year.

Archived