new college 07-08 bball unis

kansas.jpg

I give it three years before the old basketball font comes back.

The Kansas jerseys don't have the piping extend from the sides to the type like the previous pictures were showing. At least that's a positive step.

The new Marquette jerseys are so cool that I cannot find the words. I love them.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well let me try this again, missouri state men and womens uniforms....

bilde2.jpg

bilde.jpg

Ugh. I hate it when both words of a two-word school appear above the numbers. The cougs (Washington State) started doing this last year too. It's just annoying.

Those Kansas jerseys are awful. Trajan really does suck.

On a positive note, UConn's look alright, for now.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Actually, this is not really like Kansas. This number font (and actually the lettering to go with it) have been used by Nike schools for a number of years now, primarily started with women's teams and then some men's teams started using it. Kansas State was using it until last season's "Huggins Uniform Massacre." And Marquette has been using it for the last few years. This'll be the first year of using the school's custom wordmark on the uniforms, I believe.

Marquette number font = Caxton

Kansas font = Trajan

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Marquette throwbacks, according to UniWatch.

oldmarq-793420.jpg

Oh my. They should save those for the tournament and blind the competition off the court. It'd be a heck of a secret weapon.

Is this really a throwback? What year? All I remember were the years when Marquette had the over-the-waistband jerseys with the arrowheads on the sides, and the name below the number -- kind of like women's hoops in the 70s.

From the Marquette shop ...

17441-2.jpg17442-2.jpg17444-2.jpg

Freaking. Awesome.

Better look at UConn's Home and Away tops. They are really growing on me! I need to see the shorts for the full effect.

17501204_z.jpg

17401211_z.jpg

One might assume that eventually UConn would switch to Brand Jordan jerseys due to the fact that both Ray Allen and Richard Hamilton, both alums, are currently Jordan athletes.

Also, I'm fairly certain this was 2 seasons ago, many UConn players were wearing Jordan sneakers even though UConn is a Nike school. Even though Brand Jordan is a Nike subsidiary, this was shocking due to the fact that Nike usually never allows its teams to wear anything but Nike shoes (unless they're a Jordan or Converse squad). After that, it seemed like a change would be imminent after the next uniform redesign. Oh well, guess not.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

This is a University of Maryland Media Day photo. It looks like another "System of Dress" uniform. I'm disappointed, because I think the prior look had become something of a signature look even though other teams have used that template. At least it looks like they kept some of the black/gold/black stripes in the piping on the back (if you look at the shoulders of the players in the front row).

33175330.jpg

*crosses fingers*. "Black alternate, black alternate, black alternate!"

nicolevaidisova.jpgbarack-obama-043007.jpg

The reason I am on this earth-Nicole Vaidisova

Barack and Roll!!

oldmarq-793420.jpg

Oh my. They should save those for the tournament and blind the competition off the court. It'd be a heck of a secret weapon.

Is this really a throwback? What year? All I remember were the years when Marquette had the over-the-waistband jerseys with the arrowheads on the sides, and the name below the number -- kind of like women's hoops in the 70s.

Those are freakin' sweet.

oldmarq-793420.jpg

Those are freakin' sweet.

You guys should see these bad boys in person, they look even better!

Archived