My first concept jersey

leafsfan_101

Are you patsox under a different name??...wait...patsox is not a leafs fan. You have to be related though...?

that's exactly what he wants you to think

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Okay, time for more than one-liners drawing comparisons to Patsox. Please don't take this personally, leafsfan_101 ... I am trying to help.

? You've got three different shades of blue in there. Pick one and stick with it.

? Something is off the collar/shoulder yoke. Either the collar is off centre or you've got one side of the yoke longer than the other. Be super careful if you're going to copy/paste another logo on there.

? Be careful when colouring in things, like the collar in this case. That collar looks really terrible, especially the blue stripe in the middle. Take some time and make sure it looks good before you post it.

? I think the above is also contributing to the shoulder logos being off centre as well. Make sure you've got them the same distance from the collar on either side.

? You've got these huge blocks of copper under the arms, but no copper anywhere else except for the shoulder piping ? just blue. Get some more copper in there. Get some stripes on the arms to break up the blue there.

? If you're using the blue-and-silver alt logo, why are you using blue and copper on the jersey? The colours in the logo should continue into the colours on the jersey. Stuff like this looks too disjointed. Either change the copper to silver, or get the alt logo off the jersey.

? The numbers look really sloppy and pixelated. Avoid the temptation to stretch and skew things like that, especially in a raster-based program like Photoshop. If you have to go back and type it again instead, so be it.

? Don't forget about little details like the sleeve numbers. It's things like that that really separate good concepts from great.

? I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned the file format. Don't save graphics stuff as a JPG; it's a compression format that will cause a major loss of quality. Save your stuff as either a GIF or PNG file.

Thanks for the constructive critisizm everyone. Please keep it comming. I know most people are using photoshop and stuff like that but I am using simple little Paint. My jersey could still be better but I did it rushed. Thanks to all who posted though.

P.S. How much would a good image manipualtion software cost and is their a good free one on the web that can help with jerseys and is an upgrade to Paint.

200820165144.png

GO Leafs GO!!

This pretty bad and paint should not be used an excuse, but if you practice and take people's advice (unlike a certain patsox) you'll definitely improve.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived