UW Huskies to Wear Throwbacks

DG_ThenNowForever

I don't have an article to source this; I read in the UW Daily on the bus home today.

They're in honor the 1960 National Championship team. I don't get the 37th anniversary thing they've got going on, but here they are:

42-247-c.jpg

I'll be at the game, and I hope they look better there. I'm kind of disappointed, as I think that since they've added names on the back, the uniforms look a lot better.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I don't have an article to source this; I read in the UW Daily on the bus home today.

Go 2 Guy: UW celebrating title only it recognizes

By JIM MOORE

P-I COLUMNIST

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Last updated 12:44 a.m. PT

On Saturday, the Huskies will wear throwback uniforms for their game against USC in a salute to the 1960 team that was supposedly the best in the country. There will also be a flag-raising ceremony when the players are honored at halftime.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Ha! They article in the UW paper mentioned NONE of that controversy -- I just took it at their word that UW was the 1960 national champion. I knew about the 1991 title; I just figured I hadn't paid much attention to the 60 team.

I encourage others to read the above linked article. It's pretty funny.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

They're in honor the 1960 National Championship team. I don't get the 37th anniversary thing they've got going on, but here they are:

42-247-c.jpg

I'll be at the game, and I hope they look better there. I'm kind of disappointed, as I think that since they've added names on the back, the uniforms look a lot better.

I ordered one... I like it, simple and unique, plus as an Alumni I cannot stand the current uniform. The funny thing to me on all replicas is they still manage to get a nike logo on it, even through Nike was no where around at the time.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

as an oregon alumni - i must say, "huck the fuskies" :P but those are some nice lookin' jerseys...

You know, I remember seeing a lot of those "Huck The Fuskies" shirts when I went to a game in Oregon. I also remember thinking, "do you really want to go there if your nickname is the Ducks?"

Duck The :censored:s??????

I ordered one... I like it, simple and unique, plus as an Alumni I cannot stand the current uniform. The funny thing to me on all replicas is they still manage to get a nike logo on it, even through Nike was no where around at the time.

What's so bad about this?

art5b.jpg

The throwbacks basically make them look like Notre Dame with different numerals.

Why did they wear navy blue back then instead of purple?

Also, I seem to remember in the early 70s (the Sonny Sixkiller era) when they alternated between gold and navy helmets, and the equipment manager would just spraypaint over the faceguards. It looked really terrible, as you can imagine. I'll see if I can dig up some pics.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Also, I seem to remember in the early 70s (the Sonny Sixkiller era) when they alternated between gold and navy helmets, and the equipment manager would just spraypaint over the faceguards. It looked really terrible, as you can imagine. I'll see if I can dig up some pics.

Purple was a hard color to produce for jerseys back then so they went to the next best thing I guess...

I dont know why they did it in the 60's but from my understanding the reason the Alumni Association's colors are blue and gold like these jerseys is because back in the day when these sports were first starting they weren't officially sanctioned school activities, so they couldn't use official colors, so they used navy and gold. Someone could have lied to me about this though I dont know for sure.

n10737129_35722407_3169.jpg

Heres some more pics of the game

n10737129_35722411_4128.jpg

This was the decal that was put on the back of the helmets

n10737129_35722391_9428.jpg

Theres the Decal position

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Just got back from the game. The home team looked great, but really, it was like watching Notre Dame with different numbers. There wasn't much of a presence in the stands for the throwbacks (in fact, I saw none where I was in the student section), but it was definitely a good looking game. Too bad the good guys lost.

Purple was a hard color to produce for jerseys back then so they went to the next best thing I guess...

funny, I don't recall Northwestern ever having to use navy instead of purple

Just got back from the game. The home team looked great, but really, it was like watching Notre Dame with different numbers.

I see I wasn't the only one who thought that.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived