UW Huskies to Wear Throwbacks

DG_ThenNowForever

I ordered one... I like it, simple and unique, plus as an Alumni I cannot stand the current uniform. The funny thing to me on all replicas is they still manage to get a nike logo on it, even through Nike was no where around at the time.

What's so bad about this?

art5b.jpg

The throwbacks basically make them look like Notre Dame with different numerals.

First the color of purple is not good. Second their numbers are terrible.

They should look like this....

WASnapoleonkaufman200.jpg

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

While I agree that these uniforms were very very close to Notre Dame's, if the navy were purple, these would be fantastic uniforms. Washington is the only major Div-I NCAA team I can think of that uses metallic gold and purple, so it would still be quite Washington, but it wouldn't look stuck in the 80's (as the currents look like. They are only meager updates.) Also, what font is that? Is that that NCAA Gothic or whatever? And where could I perchance get a hold of that font?

I thought Notre Dame fired Ty Willingham?

Seriously, Washington is purple, not Navy. It wasn't a bad uniform, it just didn't say UW to me.

Also, when you say you hate a color, you just seem ignorant.

So wait, you say the uniform does not say UW(Wash), and I am the ignorant one. It is a throw back because uniform manufactors had a tough time producing purple, in addition varsity sports at the UW once wore blue --- what part do you not get?

Also, I did not say I hate the color, I said I cannot stand it! The current color is a not a purple I would dress any time in. It is a pastel version of what should be. In the past I have had teams that wore purple and when I ordered it, I made sure it was a dark version where it looked like it belonged as a team color. That is all I am saying, the nike purple of the UWash is not up to par. It is an opinion, the same as the one you posted telling me I seem ignorant....

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

art5b.jpg

They're good, but have a couple problems. Goofy number font, and if you're going to have stripes on your helmet (which I love), your pants ought to match.

Love the throwbacks - they looked great. Change the color to the modern version, add a simple W to the helmets, and they're perfect. Alternately, take the modern uniforms and change the number font to the throwbacks, add purple/white/purple to the pants, and they're perfect. Either way. :D

I ordered one... I like it, simple and unique, plus as an Alumni I cannot stand the current uniform. The funny thing to me on all replicas is they still manage to get a nike logo on it, even through Nike was no where around at the time.

art5b.jpg

The throwbacks basically make them look like Notre Dame with different numerals.

Anything is better than what they wear now. Slap a "W" on the throwbacks and use those full time, go back and use the '91 unis, anything but what they have now.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

I'd say this is a better gold than they use now, for starters:

amhmoonw.jpg

And I'm probably the only person who thinks this, but when I saw Washington for the first time (1978 Rose Bowl, beating Missedagaiin 27-20), I thought the overspray from the helmets onto the facemasks was cool.

43_moon.jpg.JPG

(Overspray not shown here.)

200px-Warrenmoon.jpg

Packers-2.png

The number font kicks ass. Good thing they go back to their normal, ridiculous numbers next week.

Also, those were BLUE, not PURPLE. Maybe that's what the 1960 uniforms were like, but I wouldn't put it past the UW to fail at kindergarten-level color differentiation.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

They're good, but have a couple problems. Goofy number font, and if you're going to have stripes on your helmet (which I love), your pants ought to match.

Love the throwbacks - they looked great. Change the color to the modern version, add a simple W to the helmets, and they're perfect. Alternately, take the modern uniforms and change the number font to the throwbacks, add purple/white/purple to the pants, and they're perfect. Either way. :D

actually, a deep, dark secret I have is that I like the current UW number font. this is about the worst thing a Duck can admit to. their uniforms now aren't bad, I'd certainly take that look (even if it is, eck. purple and gold) over what the Ducks have now (minus our helmets, the metallic green with the yellow O kicks all sorts of ass).

harperdc.gif

The number font kicks ass. Good thing they go back to their normal, ridiculous numbers next week.

Also, those were BLUE, not PURPLE. Maybe that's what the 1960 uniforms were like, but I wouldn't put it past the UW to fail at kindergarten-level color differentiation.

I'm a big fan of them except certain numerals don't work.

As has been said before, the UW color scheme has always been purple and gold but their teams wore navy blue back when purple wasn't a common material color. In fact, anyone around the campus will notice that the UW letterman jackets are still navy blue, not purple.

Archived