Help with Blackhawks sweater photos

TheOldRoman

I just bought a Blackhawks throwback sweater last week on ebay, and I was thinking about getting it customized. This is what I got. I am not happy with the number font (I doubt they used that), but I got it for pretty cheap.5e2a_1.JPG

The only problem is, I don't know what the numbers looked like on that jersey. Can anyone post game pics that show the number font? I imagine it is the same font as their regular jerseys, white with a red outline, but that is a guess. Also, were there numbers on the sleeves? Thanks for your help.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I looked it up over at www.nhluniforms.com and that's pretty much what the number font was. The only difference was the back of the 7 was straight and not angled like on yours, but with some research is seems that all versions of that jersey with Chelios' number have your style of 7. It did not have sleeve stripes, so I think it's the best that you could do. What it may be is a lower-end replica of the jersey and that's how they all were produced. It looks good to me.

Thanks for your help. I saw a verison on ebay (Esposito) that had sleeve numbers, so I didn't know. It looks from that site like the font used at the time was the one used by the Stars and many other teams. If that is, in fact, the numbers they used, I won't change the jersey. If they used their their current font and that site is wrong, I will consider changing it. I figured the font wasn't perfect. This is a replica, but I got a good price on it. If anyone has pics, please, still provide them.

Also, does anyone think I should add the NHL75 patch or leave it as is? Was Chelios a captian or alternate that year, because I might have the letter added? Right now, with nothing on the sleeves or front, it just looks like too much of a replica to me.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Thanks for your help. I saw a verison on ebay (Esposito) that had sleeve numbers, so I didn't know. It looks from that site like the font used at the time was the one used by the Stars and many other teams. If that is, in fact, the numbers they used, I won't change the jersey. If they used their their current font and that site is wrong, I will consider changing it. I figured the font wasn't perfect. This is a replica, but I got a good price on it. If anyone has pics, please, still provide them.

Also, does anyone think I should add the NHL75 patch or leave it as is? Was Chelios a captian or alternate that year, because I might have the letter added? Right now, with nothing on the sleeves or front, it just looks like too much of a replica to me.

I don't have any pics, but I know for a fact that the throwbacks are not the same number font that they use now...look for a roenick picture..the 2 ( I think) and 7 are different than now.

Yes, add the 75th patch.

Yes, Chelios wore the "A" and you should add that.

No, there were no sleeve numbers.

No, the font isn't 100% perfect, but it's close enough not to mess with in my opinion.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I found this pic, hope it helps even though there are no 7's on it:

Getty Images pic

Notice how much higher the numbers on Sutter's jersey than on Belfour's.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived