Minnesota Vikings concept

-(dp)-

While I liked the throwbacks the Vikings wore this weekend, they are far from perfect. I tried to fix some things, and hopefully made them better.

The main problem was color balance, there was barely any yellow on the jersey, but that yellow stripe on the pants stuck out like crazy. I changed the sleeve stripes just a little bit, but added more yellow. The yellow should be balanced better throughout the uniforms now, and make it look more, well......uniform. I kept the numbers without an outline, because even though I am one who usually likes them, the white numbers on the purple jersey were really clean looking, and I liked that.

On the helmet, I of course made the purple match (of course no one would purposely mismatch them in a concept.) I used the new horn, because I like it better. Also, while grey wasn't part of the color scheme, I really liked the contrasting facemask, so I went with white.

Then on the pants, I used basically the ones they used with the throwbacks, but added the little insert with the logo on it at the top. I made the collar on the jersey match the pants stripe. Also, I made purple pants to go with the white jersey, but no full purple socks with them! Instead, I used white socks with a small yellow stripe that matched the collar on the white jersey.

Another thing, I added a small wordmark under the collar. Let me know what you guys think.

VikingsConcept.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

Sorry, but this just isn't working for me....

There is too much of a traditional/modern conflict. The collar, helmet logo, and pant stripes are all modern, but the sleeve stripes, numbers, and facemask are all traditional. The clash just doesn't look appealing.

Also, don't use the Lions stripes for another team in the division.

Are these better? I had these done already, but decided to post the other ones I did. These resemble the Moss/Culpepper era more, except the purple jersey is the same style as the white. There are still parts from the other sets they have had.

vikingsunis2.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

I'm liking these better than the first attempt. A few things:

*What if you reversed the yellow/white on the home sleeves and away pants?

*The Viking head on the sleeves and the pants insert is redundant. I would lose one of them (pants; I just don't think that insert works)

*The yellow collar just doesn't seem to fit with a professional team. I can't think of a better way to describe it, but it looks like when you see a bad knockoff jersey.

I really don't mean that as an insult, because I really like the direction you're going here. You're just not quite there.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

Are these better? I had these done already, but decided to post the other ones I did. These resemble the Moss/Culpepper era more, except the purple jersey is the same style as the white. There are still parts from the other sets they have had.

vikingsunis2.png

Great stuff here!!!

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

vikingsunis2.png

Yes, they are better. I'd go back to the first collars you had. I wouldn't mind outlining the numbers in gold. And I myself would keep the Viking head on the pants, since the same logo isn't on the helmet. And speaking of the helmet, I'd go back to the purple facemask. This is illogical, I know, but to me, white facemasks are like gray facemasks.

Packers-2.png

I think the second set is missing one thing: Yellow outlining on the numbers. That would make it a great concept (and a very mild change from their previous raod uniform, but so what...it was great).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think the second set is missing one thing: Yellow outlining on the numbers. That would make it a great concept (and a very mild change from their previous raod uniform, but so what...it was great).

As a long time Vikings fan, I love what you have done to update, yet preserve the Vikings look. Just a few ideas. Maybe you could drop the Viking head logo on the pants as it is on the sleeves and outline the numbers with the proper contrasting colors, you would have the best looking uniform in the NFL and a very traditional one at that!! GREAT JOB!!!

L'etoile du nord

Lose the purple pants for the away unis. The white pants work well for both home and away, but purple pants just seem so... girlish to me.

Otherwise, these are all great.

Northwestern didn't think purple pants were too girlish in their Rose Bowl season. I hate all-whites, as should all fat players.

Packers-2.png

Archived