Sign in to follow this  
eRay

Mascots in sweaters

I am about to make a modernized old-school panther in a sweater logo for a client(kinda) and I am looking for what has been done so I might get an idea of where to go with it. So far I have found 5 of them for reference, the most recently used being Oral Roberts and Wisconsin. Anyway, I know there are more, so I would like some help.

The 4 I have found:

Eastern Illinois Panthers

Wisconsin Badgers Old

Wisconsin Badgers Presently

NC State Wolfpack

Oral Roberts Golden Eagles

Thanks for the help in advance.

I know one of Grambling's old logos was a tiger in a black sweater holding a Grambling pennant. goin down to D3, UW Stevens Point uses a mascot logo of their pointer dog in a purple UWSP sweater. naturally, the mutt's pointing. Then back up to D1, one of Tulane's logos is a pelican wearing either a sweatshirt with the sleeves rolled up or a t-shirt, either way it's most prominently used on their baseball uniforms.

Ah yeah, I just remembered, Missouri-Kansas City uses a gold kangaroo in a blue sweater...and I just now realized I forgot several biggies: Florida (gator in orange sweater), Miami (both the old ibis in orange M sweater and the modernized ibis in green U-Miami sweater), Ohio State (a couple versions of Brutus in logo form), North Carolina (the ram in a carolina blue sweater) and Navy (goat in sweater holding anchor)

If you are looking for additional examples, I would try LogoServer (sorry, CC97). That site has a few logos that aren't posted here. For the most part, if a school had a "mascot in sweater" logo, it is on there (though they don't have the Lafayette College logo that was in my car window once upon a time).

logoserver.com

oldlogo.gif

2020~Miami-Hurricanes-Posters.jpg

I guess not technically a sweater, but it's a shirt:

OregonDucks.jpg

What about the Brownie elf from the Browns? or is he wearing some sort of "elf" gear?

St. Louis Billikens, of course:

StLouis.GIF

Thanks everyone who posted, i am about to start on this because I think I have a good idea of what has been done and what I should do. Look for the logo to be in concepts as soon as i think its ready for it.

St. Louis Billikens, of course:

StLouis.GIF

That Billiken looks like the city cousin of The Grinch.

Saw this for the first time today when reading about Western Illinois University's plans for expansion in the Quad-Cities.

Rocky%20Builds.jpg

Not sure I've seen a version without the hardhat and hammer, but I figured that's what this is based on.