Rochester Americans Edge Jersey

kmw_29

There was an article in our paper today about the Amerks' new Edge jerseys.

A notable quote:

"But the new EDGE uniform design by RBK, the hockey division of Reebok/CCM, has brought change. The stripes at the bottom of the sweater are gone. The stripes on the arm have been modernized.

"RBK is integrating vertical striping into the jersey, and they wanted to do away with all horizontal striping," Amerks president Steve Donner said. "It wasn't our suggestion to remove the stripes."

That is the problem I have with the jersey change: traditional uniform elements are being eliminated so that Reebok can impose their flavor-of-the-month design trend across all teams. Yuck. Also, the Amerks' arm stripes also appear to be not a consistent size as it wraps around the arm. It appears to be larger on the outside of the arm, and smaller on the inside

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...RTS02/710030324

I'm guessing the execs in Rochester aren't happy right now. They bit on the Reebok line that "these jerseys aren't designed for horizontal striping," and went along with the program. Now, they look at teams like Manitoba, Lowell, and Chicago, and realize that if they had just been a bit more hardassed about things, they could have kept their classic design, hem stripes and all. I'm thinking (and hoping) this Edge template nonsense might be a one-year-and-done affair for the Amerks.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If I believed that the Amerks had a classic look in the first place, I'd feel for them.

However, with that monstrosity of a logo that they sport on them, any jersey of theirs is by definition awful.

As for the Ads... well, that's what I was hoping for with last year's look, but they've stuck with it.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

If I believed that the Amerks had a classic look in the first place, I'd feel for them.

However, with that monstrosity of a logo that they sport on them, any jersey of theirs is by definition awful.

ROC_2159.gif

I'm sorry to say this, but you're nuts. And I mean that in the best sense of the word.

EDIT: Ha! Look at their faces! They're clearly too happy to be wearing those jerseys:

Newjerseysemail.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm sorry to say this, but you're nuts. And I mean that in the best sense of the word.

I'll own that. I know I'm the only one who sees it and thinks "horrible," but hey. It's an awful script slapped haphazardly across a cockeyed shield, without so much as a white outline to bring it out from the red stripes.

Awful. It may be "classic," but it's still awful.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

A notable quote:

"But the new EDGE uniform design by RBK, the hockey division of Reebok/CCM, has brought change. The stripes at the bottom of the sweater are gone. The stripes on the arm have been modernized.

"RBK is integrating vertical striping into the jersey, and they wanted to do away with all horizontal striping," Amerks president Steve Donner said. "It wasn't our suggestion to remove the stripes."

That is the problem I have with the jersey change: traditional uniform elements are being eliminated so that Reebok can impose their flavor-of-the-month design trend across all teams. Yuck. Also, the Amerks' arm stripes also appear to be not a consistent size as it wraps around the arm. It appears to be larger on the outside of the arm, and smaller on the inside

I like these jerseys. Amerks have long had some of the best hockey unis/logos IMO.

Where are you from? I live in Rochester as well and it's great to see another ROC citizen, don't see too many.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

First of all using the stuff I've learned recently in my critical thinking class, I'm not sure but I think this goes under the following as far as Rochester's management response:

1. Appeals to authority- appealing to authorities who are not qualified to have an expert opinion. (reebok?)

2. Bandwagon - the uncritical acceptance of other people's opinions. (reebok)

3. Appeal to Pity - When the reasons offered to support a conclusion are designed to make you feel sorry for the person and agree to the conclusion out of sympathy. (reebok told us we couldn't do horizontal stripes)

Others can apply also, I just don't want to type. Anyway as far as the jerseys go, they're fine. They're not the greatest, but they still resemble the older versions. I do have a question, when did they go with the red jerseys and ditch the blue ones? I've always seen them in the blues or whites? I prefer the blue ones. As far as the logo goes, it's fine. Could it be cleaned up a bit and modernized in a nice way? Yes, but of course they could Buffaloslug it somehow, so be careful what you ask for because you just might get it.

I actually got to see the jerseys in person today at the Blue Cross Arena today while there for work...the striping is clearly a template just like all the NHL teams with it (NY Islanders, Colorado, Florida, et al...). But they did not look too bad. I guess my big thing is that I wish they would go back to blue and not the red. The blue is much classier, in my own opinion...

ducks-large.jpg

I'll own that. I know I'm the only one who sees it and thinks "horrible," but hey. It's an awful script slapped haphazardly across a cockeyed shield, without so much as a white outline to bring it out from the red stripes.

Awful. It may be "classic," but it's still awful.

I'm in full agreement. I mean, I think with a better script, the angled shield could work. But they definitely need an outline or something on the script.

The logo just doesn't translate well.

A notable quote:

I like these jerseys. Amerks have long had some of the best hockey unis/logos IMO.

Where are you from? I live in Rochester as well and it's great to see another ROC citizen, don't see too many.

I live in Webster. Yourself?

A notable quote:

Hey, I grew up in Albion, NY outside of Brockport where our mayor likes to run around naked like Chris Pontius and get DUI's...

Reading that article, makes you think how hard teams like the Blackhawks and other traditional teams had to fight to keep their looks...As a result, "the Diaper effect" was born.

I'm not opposed to change...but RBK has changed for the worse and dicked things over bad. This is hockey not football...don't try to copy what they do with their jerseys with verticle piping and wordmarks or else we may wind up with a hockey team wearing a sports bra shoulder yoke.

475151096_31ec114389.jpg

Reading that article, makes you think how hard teams like the Blackhawks and other traditional teams had to fight to keep their looks...As a result, "the Diaper effect" was born.

I'm not opposed to change...but RBK has changed for the worse and dicked things over bad.

But, as we discussed on the other thread, the Wolves had no trouble keeping their traditional look. They just sent back the EDGE design and asked for their old look. I wish my Ads had done as much....

How hard the Blackhawks and other teams had to fight? I don't get that from the article. We know that the NHL teams were intimately involved in the design process, and had veto power.

Sure, blame RBK. But the teams have to shoulder an equal amount of the blame. And for those teams who now imply they regret their new templates, they better have traditional looks next season or you know where they really stand.

I live in Penfield - good to hear from some locals!

Personally, I like the red jerseys (better than the blue). When they wear blue with blue it's not enough contrast. Regarding the new design, I think it's ok. I'm glad they didn't change it too much - I was definitely a fan of the old ones. Other than the useless piping, I don't have any real problem with these. Hell, I might even buy one if the price is right...

I'm not opposed to change...but RBK has changed for the worse and dicked things over bad.

But, as we discussed on the other thread, the Wolves had no trouble keeping their traditional look. They just sent back the EDGE design and asked for their old look. I wish my Ads had done as much....

How hard the Blackhawks and other teams had to fight? I don't get that from the article. We know that the NHL teams were intimately involved in the design process, and had veto power.

Sure, blame RBK. But the teams have to shoulder an equal amount of the blame. And for those teams who now imply they regret their new templates, they better have traditional looks next season or you know where they really stand.

I'm sorry, from the Blackhawks unveiling they actually mentioned they had to fight to keep the look alive. I'm sure big softies eventually became pushovers to RBK's "suggestions" and only when assertiveness met assertiveness that the home team would win over RBK.

RBK is off the hook as far as designs go...but their designs suck that made it on jerseys and RBK still must be accountable for the performance deficiencies of the unfiorm system to date with the pooling in gloves and skates.

On Friday, RBK will make mention of a uniform treatment that will address those issues. But it really pisses me off, they couldn't iron these things out during the player testing phase.

I'm sorry, from the Blackhawks unveiling they actually mentioned they had to fight to keep the look alive. I'm sure big softies eventually became pushovers to RBK's "suggestions" and only when assertiveness met assertiveness that the home team would win over RBK.

I don't remember that - do you have a link?

• 2 weeks later...

A notable quote:

Right on the edge of Brighton/Pittsford, near the Plaza.

Sorry it took so long to respond I forgot about this haha.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Amerk fan here (Victor resident).

I'm not fond of the new design, but I'm sure we'll grow numb to it as the season progresses. By the end of the season, many fans won't even remeber what the old jersey style/design looked like.

BTW, I think the Americans crest is one of the best in hockey.

I don't see how one can see it as "aweful".

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Archived