2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's true, neither of us will ever agree so might as well stop now.

And Hedley, I may be a little biased but I've been brought up knowing no matter what you shouldn't be happy with another person being in pain, especially in the world of sports.

I'm over it, the coaching staff is calling it a knee injury that got him out of the game.

We're all biased, I might be having the same reaction as you right now, if it were the other way around. Stuff happens we just have to do our best to keep our cool and look at it from all views. I'm not happy with pain, but I think you can understand how I feel.

Truths?

Yah no worries! ^_^

P.s. Thanks for the win. :P

ok, now I'm done.

Be careful what you say. People everywhere cheer on big hits on opposing players, especially vilified ones. I'm sure you have done your fair share of cheering on a big hit which later turned out to be very serious. Hell, I'm sure people were cheering when Hossa took out Berard's eye. I for one cheered when I was told what happened, I have always joked that Downie hit the wrong player in the pre-season. You can't just attack Leafs fans for this, every team has had fans which have cheered an injury to another teams player and Sens fans are not innocent for this at all, and I am sure neither are you.

So next time, remember that ALL teams have fans that will act in the same fashion. Don't just apply one attribute to one group.

EDIT: I just watched the hit and man does it ever remind me of Scott Stevens. It is clean as he cocked his shoulder and extended his arm on the followthrough. It reminds me so much of the hit Stevens laid on Lindros which ended his career pretty much. Wow. I don't get why you got so bent out of shape on this. Its not like he was bleeding or got elbowed like Domi did to Nieds in the... '01 playoffs(?).

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I really cant believe it...the Caps are so close i can smell it. this is just unreal.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

florida is actually proving some worth tonite for once, lets hope all that worth flies out the window tomorrow night.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

florida is actually proving some worth tonite for once, lets hope all that worth flies out the window tomorrow night.

3-2 FLA. Lets hope that the Panthers pull it off tonight.

Edit: CAROLINA 3, FLORIDA 4!

WOOHOO, LETS GO CAPS! THE DIVISION IS OURS TOMORROW!

Ok so this is what needs to happen

1) Devils beat Rangers in regulation

2) Bruins beat Sabres

If this happens then 4/5 Match up in Devils/Bruins which would be much nicer than Devils/Rangers

The Rangers would then have to play Washington or Carolina

It's true, neither of us will ever agree so might as well stop now.

And Hedley, I may be a little biased but I've been brought up knowing no matter what you shouldn't be happy with another person being in pain, especially in the world of sports.

I'm over it, the coaching staff is calling it a knee injury that got him out of the game.

We're all biased, I might be having the same reaction as you right now, if it were the other way around. Stuff happens we just have to do our best to keep our cool and look at it from all views. I'm not happy with pain, but I think you can understand how I feel.

Truths?

Yah no worries!

P.s. Thanks for the win.

ok, now I'm done.

Be careful what you say. People everywhere cheer on big hits on opposing players, especially vilified ones. I'm sure you have done your fair share of cheering on a big hit which later turned out to be very serious. Hell, I'm sure people were cheering when Hossa took out Berard's eye. I for one cheered when I was told what happened, I have always joked that Downie hit the wrong player in the pre-season. You can't just attack Leafs fans for this, every team has had fans which have cheered an injury to another teams player and Sens fans are not innocent for this at all, and I am sure neither are you.

So next time, remember that ALL teams have fans that will act in the same fashion. Don't just apply one attribute to one group.

EDIT: I just watched the hit and man does it ever remind me of Scott Stevens. It is clean as he cocked his shoulder and extended his arm on the followthrough. It reminds me so much of the hit Stevens laid on Lindros which ended his career pretty much. Wow. I don't get why you got so bent out of shape on this. Its not like he was bleeding or got elbowed like Domi did to Nieds in the... '01 playoffs(?).

Ugh, Always gotta bring things back, don't you? :P

Well it WAS the fans there that brought me to the point of making that first post, so I really don't see why I should have brought any other fans into it, I was complaining about that one specific time, and I went through these same points already, why do you feel the need to start this pointless argument up again.

and to the Edit part,

I never said it was a dirty hit I said he didn't have his head down as he was looking at where his shot went, I got "bent out of shape" because of the reaction of fans seeing someone in pain on the ice and then cheering because he played a joke on your captain, and because of other things he did to another team.

Listen, I get it, you hate Alfredsson's guts, and you love to tell everyone, congratulations. But there is no way we're ever going to agree on something where I'm calling your "fellow fans" classless, and good counter-argument with Berard wasn't that game in Toronto? Yah it was an unintentional high stick people must have loved how that had happened, the reason Leafs fans cheered was because they were the reason that Alfredsson is hurt, and they were loving it, good for them. I'm over it, but I guess you needed that satisfy that craving to profess your hatred. Good on you, keep it up.

I don't want to get into these things with you because neither of us will agree on it and it's a total waste of time. I don't give a :censored: if you get the last word or whatever it is you seek in these things, It's over.

Now for what I came in this thread to do.

It turns out the Senators clinched a playoff perth with a loss from the Carolina Hurricanes, thank God because they played like crap today. Also now both Alfie and Fisher are out for weeks, so they'll probably only be back for the second round, if the Senators make it that far.

So the Western playoff teams are set right?

Hi, how are you?

home ice advantage, for this team, with that start...utterly :censored:ing amazing. THANK YOU FLORIDA!

home ice advantage, for this team, with that start...utterly :censored:ing amazing. THANK YOU FLORIDA!

It's not over yet mate, still got a long 60 minutes ahead of you. Remember stuff can happen still.

But best of luck to the Caps!

untitled-6.jpg

i know alot can happen, but whats been so frustrating about this run for the Caps is that they had such a great run but since they had such a horrible start, they havent been able to control their own destiny, well florida gave them that chance to control their own destiny, and thats all we could ask for.

So it looks like theres no avoiding the Flyers in round 1 now...its gonna be a helluva series.

Also, tonight, for one night and one night only, pens fans everywhere will chant "Go Leafs Go!"

oBIgzrL.png

i know alot can happen, but whats been so frustrating about this run for the Caps is that they had such a great run but since they had such a horrible start, they havent been able to control their own destiny, well florida gave them that chance to control their own destiny, and thats all we could ask for.

Actually we have controlled our destiny for quite some time, especially in March where we went 10-4 while playing our finest hockey with a 4 game winning streak and also another 4 gamer leading into April to make it 6 straight (and counting). All we had to do was keep winning and have the other teams ahead of us falter, which Carolina finally did, is a golden opportunity to make the playoffs and have home ice in the first round. It's been one helluva an effort since Thanksgiving. GO CAPS GO!

Archived