2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

i know alot can happen, but whats been so frustrating about this run for the Caps is that they had such a great run but since they had such a horrible start, they havent been able to control their own destiny, well florida gave them that chance to control their own destiny, and thats all we could ask for.

Actually we have controlled our destiny for quite some time, especially in March where we went 10-4 while playing our finest hockey with a 4 game winning streak and also another 4 gamer leading into April to make it 6 straight (and counting). All we had to do was keep winning and have the other teams ahead of us falter, which Carolina finally did, is a golden opportunity to make the playoffs and have home ice in the first round. It's been one helluva an effort since Thanksgiving. GO CAPS GO!

well it all hinged on someone losing. we've been the hottest team but even if someone else ran the table, it would have been for naught. but thank god carolina choked on it and we have the chance for the Title! LETS GO CAPS!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So it looks like theres no avoiding the Flyers in round 1 now...its gonna be a helluva series.

Also, tonight, for one night and one night only, pens fans everywhere will chant "Go Leafs Go!"

Well then I guess I won't feel as dirty having a robo pens jersey in my closet! :D

And Shanurr, all I was saying is that you should not just target one set of fans for cheering on when someone got hurt when fans from most teams (I'd like to say all but I should not generalize THAT much) cheer on injuries and big hits. Sens fans cheer on injuries. Habs fans cheer on injuries. Pens fans cheer on injuries. Etc. Get my point? I'd like to call out every team who has cheered on when one of our players gets hurt, but I don't, mainly because I know we do the same in turn. We're not any less 'gutless' or 'classless' than any other fan base which follows hockey. Yes some of them are jerkoffs, but which team doesn't have fans seeking blood from a hated opponent?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Caps are in, congratulations Ovie.

Again the Habs fans are being their obnoxious selves by again singing kiss him goodbye in the regular season. :rolleyes:

I can only pray that if we do face them in the playoffs we get to be the ones who rightfully sing it. :P

Hi, how are you?

QFT...Put his name on the Hart now.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Among other awards.

Art Ross... Maurice Richard... Lester B. Pearson... Frank J. Selke... King Clancy Memorial... Bill Masterson... Conn Smythe :D

I will say this right now, the three finalists for the Hart will be - Alexander the Gr8, Tim Thomas and Malkin - All Easterners. I can't think of anyone else who carried their team into the playoffs like they have... Iginla could be a wild card though...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

GOIN TO GAME 1 BABY!!!!!!!!!!! im so freakin excited, and yeah, im man enough to admit it, i cried. i cried like a baby the whole last minute of that game. they freakin did it!!!!

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Among other awards.

Art Ross... Maurice Richard... Lester B. Pearson... Frank J. Selke... King Clancy Memorial... Bill Masterson... Conn Smythe :D

I will say this right now, the three finalists for the Hart will be - Alexander the Gr8, Tim Thomas and Malkin - All Easterners. I can't think of anyone else who carried their team into the playoffs like they have... Iginla could be a wild card though...

WOOHOO! AM GOING TO GAME 2!

The Habs will face none other than Boston in the first round yet again.

That is not yet a lock. You could be facing Philadelphia.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

nothings a lock yet...right now we're facing Ottawa (muahahaha) but that could change, it could be Philly.

Just remember, everything you have seen during the regular season you can throw right out the window come playoff time. It's a whole new breed of hockey. Take this from me, as a Leafs fan, just because the team you're playing had your number during the regular season does not mean you can't send them packing when it counts the most. ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Just remember, everything you have seen during the regular season you can throw right out the window come playoff time. It's a whole new breed of hockey. Take this from me, as a Leafs fan, just because the team you're playing had your number during the regular season does not mean you can't send them packing when it counts the most. ^_^

Like last year.....

Regular season: Thrashers 3 wins to the Rangers 1, including 2 wins in New York.

Playoffs: Rangers won in four straight. TV tray gets kicked to the floor and breaks.....

True that! Hell, I've lived it many times :P

The only thing is I see Washington doing very well in the playoffs. Either way I'm just happy that I can enjoy my team with the playoff atmosphere going around the building.

Nothing beats playoff time.

Hi, how are you?

True that! Hell, I've lived it many times :P

The only thing is I see Washington doing very well in the playoffs. Either way I'm just happy that I can enjoy my team with the playoff atmosphere going around the building.

Nothing beats playoff time.

I'm looking forward to buying the White Ovechkin jersey with the Stanley Cup finals patch on it.

I don't know what to expect from them. Either a burned out team from playing so hard for so long during the season or a team which will keep up this level of play and ride Ovechkin to the finals. Edmonton did it a few years back almost the same way, it isn't crazy to think the same thing could happen again. They have some top notch goaltending with the stud Huet and the experienced veteren Kolzig and have Federov to help keep Ovechkin and co. focused and teach them all they need to know about surviving the playoffs. There is just so much potential for this team, and it is fantastic after all they did at the deadline that they made it in. I was going to be pulling for them or Carolina (or both) if they made it in, and I'm glad Washington did it.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

i dont think there will be a drop off, the physical game will ramp up and the Caps have the grit to handle it. we have all the good things you need: a good system, solid scoring, and a hot goalie. theyve been playing playoff hockey for more than a month, its nothing new right now.

Archived