2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another year, another Oilers team better than the Cansucks. It never gets old, it really doesn't.

They both missed the playoffs so stfu.

I'm soooooooorry.

41 wins to 39, you tell me who's better.

teams-1.png

Another year, another Oilers team better than the Cansucks. It never gets old, it really doesn't.

I'm soooooooorry.

WOW two wins, that soooooooooooooooooooooo much better.

The Habs will face none other than Boston in the first round yet again.

That is not yet a lock. You could be facing Philadelphia.

No. Boston can only play Montreal.

Boston in the first round, and the possibility of 1st in the conference :D

1zqy8ok.gif

I'm soooooooorry.

WOW two wins, that soooooooooooooooooooooo much better.

It's gets even better, 1 of those wins were against the Canucks who would be eliminated from the playoffs if they lost. They gladly did so, 2-1.

And so, pens fans learned a hard lesson last night....

.....never rely on the Leafs for anything.

Now, they must win to win the conference.

...jackass... :P

You can rely on them for one thing, taking money out of your pockets and giving you nothing back in return!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Not exactly...

If Pittsburgh wins in OT, then Philadelphia will knock Boston down to 8th and Montreal will sit in 2nd. Boston and Philadelphia will end up with identical records with Philadelphia having more goals for, which will be the tie breaker.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Not exactly...

If Pittsburgh wins in OT, then Philadelphia will knock Boston down to 8th and Montreal will sit in 2nd. Boston and Philadelphia will end up with identical records with Philadelphia having more goals for, which will be the tie breaker.

Yea I thought the same thing. But NBC and just about any article Ive read online said that Montreal and Boston are locked into each other for the first round? I dunno Im confused.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Not exactly...

Yea I thought the same thing. But NBC and just about any article Ive read online said that Montreal and Boston are locked into each other for the first round? I dunno Im confused.

Because one person at the AP says it, everyone else uses the same information in turn. I am a little confused too, but I think they are all wrong.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Not exactly...

Because one person at the AP says it, everyone else uses the same information in turn. I am a little confused too, but I think they are all wrong.

Ohh I thought tiebreaker was head to head, in which case I think Boston beat the Flyers in the season series.

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Not exactly...

Ohh I thought tiebreaker was head to head, in which case I think Boston beat the Flyers in the season series.

It is, and I forgot, and therefore I am a douche.

Freig.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Just so no one else is a douche in the future (although I'm sure it won't stop everyone), here is the tie-breaking format:

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).

2. The greater number of games won.

3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.

4. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season.

Obviously, #1 does not come into play at the end of the season so #2-4 are used to determine playoff seeding.

Just so no one else is a douche in the future (although I'm sure it won't stop everyone), here is the tie-breaking format:

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.

4. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season.

Obviously, #1 does not come into play at the end of the season so #2-4 are used to determine playoff seeding.

I have no clue why I forgot about the season record and thought just of the goals for. Oh well. Thank Liam for smacking me silly and causing me to realise how big of an ass I was making of myself at the moment.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I have no clue why I forgot about the season record and thought just of the goals for. Oh well. Thank Liam for smacking me silly and causing me to realise how big of an ass I was making of myself at the moment.

Yea CSN confirmed it. If the Flyers hold onto this lead, they get the Caps. If not, itll be Pittsburgh. I dont know how I feel about that.

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Here we go:

#1 Montreal Canadiens vs. #8 Boston Bruins

#2 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #7 Ottawa Senators

#3 Washington Capitals vs. #6 Philadelphia Flyers

#4 New Jersey Devils vs. #5 New York Rangers

#1 Detroit Red Wings vs. #8 Nashville Predators

#2 San Jose Sharks vs. #7 Calgary Flames

#3 Minnesota Wild vs. #6 Colorado Avalanche

#4 Anaheim Ducks vs. #5 Dallas Stars

Let the games begin!

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived