2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

Im sorry, but I took some satisfaction in hearing the "Cryin' Bryan" chant.

But im not sorry for Gary Roberts. If he does not retire after the playoffs, he must be a priority in the re-signing spree.

oBIgzrL.png

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But im not sorry for Gary Roberts. If he does not retire after the playoffs, he must be a priority in the re-signing spree.

So that's what they were saying...I was trying to figure it out, but I couldn't for the life of me.

Good game on the Penguins side, It was the first time in a while where I saw another team beat us and not the Senator's beating themselves.

If the Senators don't snap out of it in time for when they come back to Ottawa, then it's a done deal.

AND I SWEAR TO GOD IF I SEE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE JASON SPEZZA JUBILEE DIAMONDS COMMERCIALS AGAIN I'M GOING TO CHECK INTO A MENTAL HOSPITAL! Ugh...I am so sick and tired of Led Foot, yah I gave him my own nick-name wanna fight about it? It takes him sooooo long to pick up enough speed so he's satisfies then he does a no look pass to the other team.

I was very pleased with the way Gerber played despite 4 goals, most of them being no chance like the uber-wide one-timer which is extremely hard to get across let alone guess where it's going.

Here's to game 2 being better ^_^

Hi, how are you?

The Sharks sent a good message at the tail end of that game, though. Although I do expect the Flames to ultimately take the series, I also think it's the most likely to go to seven games.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

Minnesota-Colorado was a GREAT game to watch. Two divisional rivals playing intense, fast-paced hockey.

And surprisingly, many chances, especially in OT.

The right team came out on top.

One of the best hockey games I've EVER seen. An amazing game from start to finish. Glad the Avs finally pulled it out.

Although the Habs are only playing tomorrow, tonight's kickoff games were AWESome!

-Ottawa is preparing themselves to get swept in 4. Gerber was great yet everything else was off for the Sens. They were like 0 for 8 on the PP tonight and they only had one good scoring chance throughout the whole game, at the last minute when two angry Senators tried to take it out on Fleury's by trying to spoil his shutout.

-Minnesota's game was Intense with a capital i. Both teams are rivals so they both played their hearts out and it was really a game up for grabs. Unfortunately, the Avs won. :cry:

3-2 Flames win game 1. This is the one team I did not want the Sharks to face in the first round. I'm smelling a 4 games to 2 series upset for the Flames. One of those gut feelings. :cursing:

I hope you're right.

I was driving during the end of the game--and it was tough to pay attention to the road & the game--but I did it.

GO FLAMES!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

So that's what they were saying...I was trying to figure it out, but I couldn't for the life of me.

Well, you coulda just looked at the sign....

0410penguinssens05-a1.jpg

:P

oBIgzrL.png

I never saw it during the broadcast my head was buried in my hands...:P

I did see the sign in the paper though this afternoon.

Hi, how are you?

Beautiful!!

I take some satisfaction in seeing Roberts get two goals against Ottawa. I smell Pittsburgh in 5. Ottawa may take game two or three, but beyond that they just won't be able to get their act together.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Beautiful!!

I take some satisfaction in seeing Roberts get two goals against Ottawa. I smell Pittsburgh in 5. Ottawa may take game two or three, but beyond that they just won't be able to get their act together.

Very nice game to watch. But that sign doesn't quite beat the 1993 Leafs versus Detroit series. When at the Gardens some Leafs fan had a " Nervous Coach " sign in the same spot. Such a great moment Bryan Murray, though respectable in his career is a joke, if that makes any sense.

untitled-6.jpg

:censored:-ing Habs! God damn it!

You're the 8 seed. They are the 1 seed. They swept the season series. Surely you can't be too surprised.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You're the 8 seed. They are the 1 seed. They swept the season series. Surely you can't be too surprised.

So I'm not allowed to be pissed off at the inability of my team to beat their archrival, in the playoffs, no less? O.K.

So I'm not allowed to be pissed off at the inability of my team to beat their archrival, in the playoffs, no less? O.K.

I'm saying that perhaps you should wait until the end of the series. It's only game 1.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I really think the whole Bryan Murray thing got blown WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of proportion, not to mention this all started when a reporter asked him if he thought the Pens threw the game.

I really wish I could somehow get Bryan Murray to bench Redden watching him play is so unbearable.

This team really needs Alfie back.

Hi, how are you?

I'm saying that perhaps you should wait until the end of the series. It's only game 1.

Fine. But it is game 13 of their continuous strak of victory against us, and this one actually counts(In the playoffs). Frustration beginning to boil over.

Archived