2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

so life outside Ottawa and Pittsburgh:

Montreal has a stranglehold on the series B)

Philly is up on the Caps

Ducks finally showup to win one

Avs win a game in regulation

Good the Isles needs some company on the golf course. They are getting bored with the usual suspects that live on the golf course. The b's are certainly welcome to join them. ^_^

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh well I'll be at game 4 watching history be made :P 4 straight!

I know it won't happen but...still.

Well, you may be onto something. The penguins gave up a two-games-to-none lead in 81-82 (back when the first round was a 5-game series)...

They ain't pullin a Boston Red Sox or Toronto Maple Leafs and coming back from being down 3-0. The Sens are too beat up, Alfie is barely holding together, Spezza is a mess and Heatley is probably not snorting up before stepping on the ice. They could win game 4, but they won't win game 5.

Speaking of snorting, this guy works with my dad keeps saying that Redden is on cocaine, because his brother is a team doctor and he issued Wade more drugs to get off of the stuff.

:P Take that for what it's worth, i don't believe it.

You're telling me this is the first time you heard about Redden and the magic white dust? He has been on it for years! Rumor has it the reason he sucked so much last year is he tried to kick it and it zapped a lot of his energy but once he got back on it, he kicked serious ass this season. Do some lines before stepping on the ice and you'll not only have an energy boost but you will also be able to play with more of an edge and be able to take more pain. This comes from 3 sources, 2 from Ottawa and 1 who knows a guy who knows his friend or something. This is probably the best known of the Sens cocaine addicts. Your dads co-worker is supporting what I have been told over and over. Try to find out when the guy was giving him drugs to get off the stuff, if it was 2 summers ago or more recently, because I know he was off it for most of, if not all of last season but is back on now that a good chunk of the team is also using it.

It also goes that Heatley got hooked when he came over from Atlanta and then got Spezza hooked last season while Emery got on it around the same time as Spezza. It comes from the 2 Ottawa sources, 1 who knows Mike Fisher (I go to school in Peterborough - half the city is related to him somehow!) and another who is very close with one of the Sens seldom used forwards. I have been told Alfredsson also has been on it but I do not have unanimous consensus from my friends on this, so I am hesitent to say it. Although it could explain how he is able to play with a torn MCL...

I wish I could make this stuff up, but I trust the people who passed this along to me. Hell, I know Matt Stajan is a big pot head and Sundin joins him the odd time and that Stajan's girlfriend was a puckbunny and that they are in a sort of "open relationship".

The secret lives of the players we only ever get to know through the magic of the television and interviews...

:D

...Quite the reply... I'm guessing you don't believe me or are in disbelief?

And Calgary lost to Thornton actually playing. Very fun game though.

I assumed you were joking around.

Hi, how are you?

Well, you may be onto something. The penguins gave up a two-games-to-none lead in 81-82 (back when the first round was a 5-game series)...

They ain't pullin a Boston Red Sox or Toronto Maple Leafs and coming back from being down 3-0. The Sens are too beat up, Alfie is barely holding together, Spezza is a mess and Heatley is probably not snorting up before stepping on the ice. They could win game 4, but they won't win game 5.

Speaking of snorting, this guy works with my dad keeps saying that Redden is on cocaine, because his brother is a team doctor and he issued Wade more drugs to get off of the stuff.

You're telling me this is the first time you heard about Redden and the magic white dust? He has been on it for years! Rumor has it the reason he sucked so much last year is he tried to kick it and it zapped a lot of his energy but once he got back on it, he kicked serious ass this season. Do some lines before stepping on the ice and you'll not only have an energy boost but you will also be able to play with more of an edge and be able to take more pain. This comes from 3 sources, 2 from Ottawa and 1 who knows a guy who knows his friend or something. This is probably the best known of the Sens cocaine addicts. Your dads co-worker is supporting what I have been told over and over. Try to find out when the guy was giving him drugs to get off the stuff, if it was 2 summers ago or more recently, because I know he was off it for most of, if not all of last season but is back on now that a good chunk of the team is also using it.

It also goes that Heatley got hooked when he came over from Atlanta and then got Spezza hooked last season while Emery got on it around the same time as Spezza. It comes from the 2 Ottawa sources, 1 who knows Mike Fisher (I go to school in Peterborough - half the city is related to him somehow!) and another who is very close with one of the Sens seldom used forwards. I have been told Alfredsson also has been on it but I do not have unanimous consensus from my friends on this, so I am hesitent to say it. Although it could explain how he is able to play with a torn MCL...

I wish I could make this stuff up, but I trust the people who passed this along to me. Hell, I know Matt Stajan is a big pot head and Sundin joins him the odd time and that Stajan's girlfriend was a puckbunny and that they are in a sort of "open relationship".

The secret lives of the players we only ever get to know through the magic of the television and interviews...

Hi, how are you?

I'm being 100% serious on this. If I was joking around I'd be saying that Gerber is into Nazi-Bondage and Murray likes to go around exposing himself to frat boys.

I wish I could make this stuff up, hence why I threw in some dirt on a few Leafs players to show I am not just Anti-Ottawa. If I had not been told this stuff over and over by various people who are not only Sens fans but also live in the area, I wouldn't have mentioned it. Seriously, ask around about Redden, he is the most well known and longest user of the stuff while the others I mentioned are more recent addicts.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Ask around where? Do you know what kind of toll cocaine takes on the body? If you're so privy to this "secret information," don't you think Senators brass would also know about it and put a stop to it? Come on, man. You can't actually believe this stuff. You're saying that five of the Senators most important players have a drug habit? Give me a break. This isn't the 80's, man. Maybe a few of them have tried it, who knows? But you're throwing some awfully hefty accusations out there based on third-hand knowledge at best.

And please stop quoting each other. WE WILL UNDERSTAND THE POST YOU ARE REFERENCING TO.

Thanks.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

Ask around where? Do you know what kind of toll cocaine takes on the body? If you're so privy to this "secret information," don't you think Senators brass would also know about it and put a stop to it? Come on, man. You can't actually believe this stuff. You're saying that five of the Senators most important players have a drug habit? Give me a break. This isn't the 80's, man. Maybe a few of them have tried it, who knows? But you're throwing some awfully hefty accusations out there based on third-hand knowledge at best.

And please stop quoting each other. WE WILL UNDERSTAND THE POST YOU ARE REFERENCING TO.

Thanks.

I never said it is secret information. Obviously his dad was told the same information I was. Athletes are human too, they get swept up in the fame and fortune of their job and sometimes fall in with bad crowds where stuff like this happens. Why would you put a stop to something when while your players are on it has made them more productive? Why stop baseball players from taking performance enhancers? Come on man, use some logic. Someone doesn't have an alcohol problem until it affects their play on the ice or becomes a public spectacle. Ray Emery showing up to practice late and partying alot appearently happened last year during the playoff run but nobody said anything because he was still winning games. This season when he wasn't, he was called out on it.

It doesn't matter if it is the 80's or not, these drugs still exist and are still being used by those who can afford them. I believe the Redden story because I have been hearing it for years. As for the other players, I also believe what I have been told because those who told me I trust with this kind of information and where they get it from. It won't be until one of these players OD's or it begins to affect their play on the ice that it will become a big story. Or of course, they have a huge blow up and you see their eyes glowing while lashing out.

These athletes aren't angels. don't pretend like they are. Teams don't care until it affects their play or begins to hurt them. Leagues are more concerned about performance enhancers (barely) than what they do off the ice.

And do me a favour, don't talk down to someone who has been around here a lot longer than you have.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

use some logic.

Of course athletes party and have vices. Here's my problem:

A. You don't know these people.

B. You're spouting off second-hand knowledge (at best) as fact. If you don't mind being "that guy" on the message board making all of these outrageous claims, that's fine. But to think that a widespread drug epidemic on a single team in the NHL would go unreported, in Canada of all places... come on. That's an awfully big pill to swallow.

No one's talking down to you, friend. I know how long you've been here. But if you want anyone to believe what you're on here reporting, you're just going to have to come up with something better than "I believe it because I trust the person who told me." Okay. The internet (and the outside world, for that matter) is full of that kind of stuff. Check out snopes.com sometime. Do we really need more? Maybe Wade Redden has a coke problem. Sure, wouldn't surprise me. But I'm not going to believe the Senators throw the best team parties in the world because Neon_Matrix said so.

And I'm sorry, but quote button abuse is one of the most annoying things in the world. I am trying to scroll through this thread, and three straight posts of the same damned conversation? You can't just quote the one post you're replying to? You have to catch everyone up on the whole conversation? Sorry, I have to call you out on it. Obviously I can't stop you from doing it, but you have to see how annoying that is.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

use some logic.

B. You're spouting off second-hand knowledge (at best) as fact. If you don't mind being "that guy" on the message board making all of these outrageous claims, that's fine. But to think that a widespread drug epidemic on a single team in the NHL would go unreported, in Canada of all places... come on. That's an awfully big pill to swallow.

No one's talking down to you, friend. I know how long you've been here. But if you want anyone to believe what you're on here reporting, you're just going to have to come up with something better than "I believe it because I trust the person who told me." Okay. The internet (and the outside world, for that matter) is full of that kind of stuff. Check out snopes.com sometime. Do we really need more? Maybe Wade Redden has a coke problem. Sure, wouldn't surprise me. But I'm not going to believe the Senators throw the best team parties in the world because Neon_Matrix said so.

And I'm sorry, but quote button abuse is one of the most annoying things in the world. I am trying to scroll through this thread, and three straight posts of the same damned conversation? You can't just quote the one post you're replying to? You have to catch everyone up on the whole conversation? Sorry, I have to call you out on it. Obviously I can't stop you from doing it, but you have to see how annoying that is.

See, these people are a lot more connected then I am letting on. I'm not going to say how these people are connected because it is not any of your business. If I was to give out the connections, then maybe it would calm your nerves. All that matters is that members of a specific hockey team use cocaine. If you dont believe me, fine, you don't need to go on a big rant trying to discredit me. If you had been around here longer, you'd know I possess a wide variety of information that has been correct 90% of the time, not about players personal lives but about other aspects of the sport, especially when it has come to the jerseys. I will admit, some of what I have been told is hearsay, but only in regards to supporting something I had already been told by someone more connected.

Do something constructive, go read "Ball Four" by Jim Bouton and "The Wrong Stuff" by Bill "The Spaceman" Lee and tell me that teams don't go out of their way to try and make sure the public does not find out about the personal lives of players. Some of the stuff that goes on away from the ball park is shocking. Sometimes this information gets out, but other times, why ruin your team by letting the public know about one of their vices? It would hurt the club, hurt sales of merchandise and tarnish the players reputation. Remember, as long as it does not affect the play on the ice, they can do whatever the hell they want. I'm sure a lot more people know about what is going on and won't let it out because they don't want the team to suffer as a result from the public finding out.

If you are going to attack me for hitting "reply" then you better be letting everyone else who does the same thing know as well. It is not a smart move to try and get known on here by picking a fight with someone who has established themselves on here and have contributed a lot of information in the past which has been factual. You can listen to what I say or you don't have to, and if you choose the latter, then be quiet. I don't care that you won't believe me, what I do about is you trying to attack me on a few fronts for relaying information which I personally know are very accurate.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

use some logic.

This thread reminds me of the pictures of Sundin, Belfour and another Leaf (can't remember right now) floating around the internet. They were drunk in some guys basement and completely trashed. I've also heard from a friend of my brother's that Chara likes the cheeb. My brother's friend's house were back-to-back when Chara was in Ottawa.

They may be athletes, but as said before they are still human. Plus all they do is play hockey. You can only train for so long during the day. What are you supposed to do with that extra time?

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Take that for what it's worth, i don't believe it.

I'm being 100% serious on this. If I was joking around I'd be saying that Gerber is into Nazi-Bondage and Murray likes to go around exposing himself to frat boys.

I wish I could make this stuff up, hence why I threw in some dirt on a few Leafs players to show I am not just Anti-Ottawa. If I had not been told this stuff over and over by various people who are not only Sens fans but also live in the area, I wouldn't have mentioned it. Seriously, ask around about Redden, he is the most well known and longest user of the stuff while the others I mentioned are more recent addicts.

Wow. If it's true I can see everyone but Alfie doing it, He has a family and seems too smart for that stuff (Please don't bring up something about how stupid he was with the shot at Niedermayer :P )

But yah all those other guys, I wouldn't doubt it.

I'll quote whenever I want to, wheelhouse.

Hi, how are you?

Phil Kessel a third-straight healthy scratch? And with the Bruins starved for any kind of offense?

No wonder Claude Julien got :censored:canned by Lou Lamoriello before the playoffs a few years back. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

while they are at it they can trade him for a piece of string, a rusty nickle, a bag of burgers and eric fichaud. :P

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

And we now have our first team out of the playoffs! Pittsburgh beats Ottawa 3-1 to complete their first sweep since the '92 finals.

I thought/hoped the Sens would wake up from their recent doldrums and at least make the series more interesting than it was. Alas, no such luck. Something tells me a big shake-up is in store for that club.

CCSLC signature.png

And we now have our first team out of the playoffs! Pittsburgh beats Ottawa 3-1 to complete their first sweep since the '92 finals.

I thought/hoped the Sens would wake up from their recent doldrums and at least make the series more interesting than it was. Alas, no such luck. Something tells me a big shake-up is in store for that club.

No more Redden, No more Meszaros, No more Spezza blind back-passes!

Tooooool's out for ever!

Not a bad loss though, for some odd reason I'm okay with it, not as much hope I guess as past years. Oh well I guess I'll use the ol' sens slogan: "There's always next year..."

Win or Lose I'll be back next year getting in to more sens/leafs nonsense.

Go Bruins! Stars! Flames! Sharks! Wild! Rangers! Capitals! Red Wings!

Hi, how are you?

Who :censored:-ing cares about drugs? It's the god damned playoffs!

QFT.

And seriously, who actually thought Ottawa would win a game in this series? With the turmoil in the locker room this season Pittsburgh could have showed up with 6 traffic cones in Penguins jerseys and still took Ottawa out without sweating.

Muppets.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Who :censored:-ing cares about drugs? It's the god damned playoffs!

QFT.

And seriously, who actually thought Ottawa would win a game in this series? With the turmoil in the locker room this season Pittsburgh could have showed up with 6 traffic cones in Penguins jerseys and still took Ottawa out without sweating.

Muppets.

Agreed, if I would have picked any series to be a sweep, it was Pittsburgh-Ottawa. And the Predators beat the Red Wings 3-2 to even up the series at 2. Just a best-of-three and hopefully the Preds can take it.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived