2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank God Montreal is out so i can stop rooting for Philly. It was making me ill....

The Pens are the only team left i'd actually root for. Go Pens Go.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

if Pittsburgh wins, im just not gonna watch anymore. not even worth watching teams i hate win. my only hope is San Jose.

Edit: ugh.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Penguins/Flyers ECF confirmed. I'm going to be sick if somehow Philly makes the major upset, again. They may have beat the Habs, but it's all for nothing if they don't win the Cup.

Malkin came back and broke up that 2-on-1 beautifully, which reiterates my theory of:

Malkin > Crosby

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Great series. Much closer than the 4-1 final. Seems like it might be Jags' last NHL playoffs, and he did a great job.

Really, the Pens can't close out every series in five games. Pittsburgh/Philly is going to be bloody, and a lot of fun to watch. Could be a good series to bring in some new fans - interstate rivalries are always a good draw.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

Great series. Much closer than the 4-1 final. Seems like it might be Jags' last NHL playoffs, and he did a great job.

Really, the Pens can't close out every series in five games. Pittsburgh/Philly is going to be bloody, and a lot of fun to watch. Could be a good series to bring in some new fans - interstate rivalries are always a good draw.

In that state. Other than that...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Ok San Jose needs to win tonight just because of that save that Nabby made. My god.

Close call. If the Stars end up losing tonight, it will be called the missed call that lost them the clinching game. I can just see it happening... ugh.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I don't get the whole "intrastate" thing. It may be an intrastate rivalry in Pittsburgh (actually, that can be confirmed considering that's where I'm typing this post from) but it's not in Philadelphia. There isn't a Pittsburgh / Phila. rivalry in the East - it's really just another team. Show us a New York or New Jersey team, then we'll get excited.

Honestly - state boundaries are so outdated and overrated, and it would benefit a lot of people if they were redone.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ok San Jose needs to win tonight just because of that save that Nabby made. My god.

Close call. If the Stars end up losing tonight, it will be called the missed call that lost them the clinching game. I can just see it happening... ugh.

Looked to me like it never completely crossed the red line.

This game is one of the most entertaining games I've see in a very long time.

Hi, how are you?

Looked to me like it never completely crossed the red line.

This game is one of the most entertaining games I've see in a very long time.

and more people, including me, would be up-in-arms if San Jose lost the series on that spectacular save. It may have gone in, but you can't end a series like that.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't get the whole "intrastate" thing. It may be an intrastate rivalry in Pittsburgh (actually, that can be confirmed considering that's where I'm typing this post from) but it's not in Philadelphia. There isn't a Pittsburgh / Phila. rivalry in the East - it's really just another team. Show us a New York or New Jersey team, then we'll get excited.

Honestly - state boundaries are so outdated and overrated, and it would benefit a lot of people if they were redone.

Yeah, I've always gotten the feeling that the Pittsburgh-Philadelphia rivalry was kind of forced upon, rather than most other in-state rivals. The Eagles and Steelers only meet once in a regular season game every four years, and the Pirates and Phillies got seperated in the 90's when MLB went to 3 divisions per league, and thus reducing their meetings to just 6 games throughout the 162-game schedule. In almost every other in-state or regional rivalry, the two rivaling cities frequently are in the same division and meet many times per season.

Cleveland doesn't have a hockey team.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

Archived