2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

In the Sens/Pens Shootout the referee whistled before the puck hit gerbers blocker to go back into the net... So wouldn't it be a no goal, seeing as the Ref whistled the paly dead?

All in all, you guys still got a point and are still #1 in the NHL. I dont remeber hearing a whistle or seeing it near the refs mouth on that shot, but i could be wrong. Either way it was a great game in which the pens finally showed the passion that theyve needed.

You guys got a point, and we got a helluva confidence builder. Its a win-win situation.

No doubt about it. Just wondering if anyone knew the rules on it. Still was a great game...

Former Penguin/current color commentator Bob Errey was absolutely sure it was a goal. I'd never heard someone so adamant about a call being overturned. It was extremely funny.

But yeah, by far the most entertaining game I've seen this year. Nice to see a healthy rivalry developing with two premier NHL franchises.

Seeing it it wasnt so funny, but seeing this replay..yes it is funny.

Also, in the question of whether the whistle was blown on the Christensen goal, it seems neither linesman blows his whistle...whether the refs did is another question. Either way, as i said before, its over, and both teams benefit anyways.

oBIgzrL.png

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, Sens played like :censored: today, and usually I'm not overly upset in the regular season but this one just pissed me off. Gerber is pulled after allowing a third goal on 25 shots, I know that's not even that good, but considering Emery played a full game in Buffalo after they had scored three in the first period, and Gerber pulled after 3 goals halfway through the 2nd, doesn't really seem fair.

I like both goalies, but I am a little more partial to Gerbs though. Both are good goalies but the way Gerber was pulled today was just dumb...

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Hi, how are you?

• 4 weeks later...

Ference is the second coming of Terry O'Reilly. If any current Bruin was to go into the stands at MSG and beat a Ranger fan with his own shoe, it would be Ference. Swear to God.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I'm a little late to post this, but Miroslav Satan got his 666th NHL point Saturday.

(see caption under picture)

...I still think he should have signed with New Jersey and worn the number 6 so he'd have three 6's on his jersey... it would been even hotter selling than Crosby's jersey I say!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Orr's hit on Cullen:

Cullen did not return to the game. Luke DeCock of The News & Observer reports that Cullen has a broken nose, and possible concussion.

Orr received an interference major and game misconduct to go along with the fighting major. While the penalty doesn?t require a review from the league, it?s likely they?ll take a look at the hit. Normally I?d assume no suspension would be given, but with Orr?s reputation you never know. Hard to say-- the replay shows that Orr's left arm hits right across Cullen's chest. Can't really see where the right arm makes contact.

Carolina head coach Peter Laviolette said this of Cullen,"I think he's got a broken nose. At this point, it's too early to tell how bad it is, but when you get hit that hard and your face hits the ice, and you?re able to walk away with just a broken nose, that's a good thing. Right now it's too early for me to say whether he?s got a concussion or not."

Renney had this to say of the incident,"Matt Cullen had the puck, had his head down, Colton braced himself, rather than (giving him) all shoulder. He basically used part of his body to make contact and you can tell by his face that Colton did not come out of it great either. I thought it was a clean hit based on his reaction and the referees huddling to call the penalty."

When Bobby Orr was asked why he always wore a cup

but not a helmet,he replied:"I can always get

someone else to do my thinking for me!"

December 27, 2007

NHL's discipline czar not coming after Orr or Avery

Checked in with the mastermind of the ?97 playoff run who happens to be the czar of discipline for the NHL these days. No fine or suspension for Colton Orr. Ditto for Sean Avery.

However, Avery?s game misconduct for punching at Carolina?s Andrew Ladd while being restrained by a linesman goes on the ledger as one of three in that category of transgression that would add up to an automatic one-game suspension.

As for Avery?s feelings about going back to Toronto for the first time since the circus-like Nov. 10 visit, suffice to say the Pickering boy is hardly dying to see old friends and roam the old neighborhood. He had some pretty funny stuff to say that I?ll save for the paper.

Orr had cuts around his swollen right eye courtesy of the head-to-head impact of his collision with Matt Cullen in Wednesday night?s second period. Orr had left the locker room before reporters entered after the game. He gave his version today:

?I just cut through the middle of the ice and was just playing the man. We were both just cutting to the middle and I was just defending myself.?

Orr said he had ?no idea? it was former teammate Cullen coming toward him before the hit.

?It doesn?t really matter,? he said. ?I don?t want anyone to get hurt. You don?t want to hurt anybody.?

Line combos and D pairings were the same today in practice as the ones that produced Wednesday night?s victory over Carolina.

Tom Renney sounded like he would prefer not to bring a 23-man roster to Western Canada for the three-game trip that begins Jan. 2. So don?t be surprised if Nigel Dawes is back in Hartford again before then.

According to those close to the situation in Columbus, the Blue Jackets are neither hot for Petr Prucha nor particularly interested in acquiring a winger. They need centers and probably would be more interested in Brandon Dubinsky, though the Rangers have no interest in trading the strapping youngster.

When Bobby Orr was asked why he always wore a cup

but not a helmet,he replied:"I can always get

someone else to do my thinking for me!"

Very nice and tremendously exciting come from behind win tonight for the Wild, who were trailing Edmonton 4-1.

They got a power play in OT and won 5-4.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived