2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

Nothing ruins a great event like the Winter Classic like a freaking hagiography about Sidney Crosby during the Intermission.

Yes Mike Milbury, Crosby is fearless because he's been in a single fight in his NHL career. :rolleyes:

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing ruins a great event like the Winter Classic like a freaking hagiography about Sidney Crosby during the Intermission.

Yes Mike Milbury, Crosby is fearless because he's been in a single fight in his NHL career. :rolleyes:

And he called Andrew Ference "Albert Ference", despite the fact that he works on NESN, the network that the Bruins play on.

And he called Andrew Ference "Albert Ference", despite the fact that he works on NESN, the network that the Bruins play on.

Wow, that's bad.

Wow, that's bad.

One time, a PA announcer at a high school football game I was filming called a player named Ozzie Edwards, Ozzie Osbourne.

Even worse part was, the Ozzie kid was on the home team.

:rolleyes:

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

how about them Caps scoring 18 goals in a 3 game span vs Ottawa. the only team to beat Ottawa more than once. im lovin it!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Mike Milbury has never been known for his surplus of intelligence.

Ask any Bruins fan.

Or Islanders fans for that matter.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Darren McCarty starts NHL comeback with Flint

Ex-Red Wing and Flame Darren McCarty is trying to make an NHL comeback, and will start by getting into playing shape with the Flint Generals.

If that doesn't boost attendance at Perani Arena, what will?

:hockeysmiley: :hockeysmiley:

Good luck to Mac. It'd be nice to actually see my favorite player play in the league again.

how about them Caps scoring 18 goals in a 3 game span vs Ottawa. the only team to beat Ottawa more than once. im lovin it!

I'm hoping you guys don't make it into the playoffs cause you definitely have our number :P

i guess we play up to our competition. we shoulda saved some goals for another game lol

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Mike Milbury has never been known for his surplus of intelligence.

Ask any Bruins fan.

Or Islanders fans for that matter.

we generally don't speak about the dark era except in worshipping the golden fisherman. milbury singlehandedly ruined the islanders. He is widely regarded as village idiot for a reason only rivaled by W.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Craig Leipold, the former Nashville Predators owner who almost sold that club out of town, has just turned right around and purchased a majority stake in the Minnesota Wild for $260 million. Swell.

At least the Wild were able to mark the occasion by taking two points in Detroit, against a Red Wings team that had wiped the ice with the Wild in their two previous meetings.

CCSLC signature.png

Pens are on a 8 game winning streak and Ty Conklin assumes the role of most underrated goaltender in the NHL (with some help from a defense thats been very good lately) by going 9-0 with 2 shutouts...

EDIT:...and with this post, I jynx it all...I hate superstitions

oBIgzrL.png

• 3 weeks later...

Emery is really starting to piss me off, I mean this is his third or fourth time late to something not including the time he missed the flight last year.

As much as he's starting to bug me, I still say we keep him for the playoffs just in case.

Sorry, I'm venting at the thought of how suspect our goalie issue is. :(

Hi, how are you?

Emery is really starting to piss me off, I mean this is his third or fourth time late to something not including the time he missed the flight last year.

As much as he's starting to bug me, I still say we keep him for the playoffs just in case.

I watched the coverage that the NHL Network (from TSN) did on this whole deal and I must say that I feel bad for the Sens. Nobody wants this guy. He is a stuck-up baby that whines whenever he doesn't get his own way. I never really thought he was very good to begin with and now he is showing that he just doesn't want to be there. The Senators are real good and have a shot to make the finals again, but this is only because they score a lot of goals. If they hit a slump, by it now or in the playoffs, where they don't score...it'll be over again real quick.

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

I watched the coverage that the NHL Network (from TSN) did on this whole deal and I must say that I feel bad for the Sens. Nobody wants this guy. He is a stuck-up baby that whines whenever he doesn't get his own way. I never really thought he was very good to begin with and now he is showing that he just doesn't want to be there. The Senators are real good and have a shot to make the finals again, but this is only because they score a lot of goals. If they hit a slump, by it now or in the playoffs, where they don't score...it'll be over again real quick.

He must idolize Roy.

Archived