2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

Fleury wouldn't have won the Conn Smythe. Unfortunately, just like '98 he was Osgoodenough for Detroit to win.

-Dan

Unlike when Giguere won, he CARRIED that team of players who were either no-bodies or on their last legs. He was not a former first overall pick and had not been expected to even make it out of the first round. Fleury was DAMN good in the Finals, but for the previous 3 rounds, he was average and was not shelled like he was in the Finals. That is why he didn't win it. Had they been say, 7th or 8th and faced stiff competition throughout the entire campaign then he could have won.

I'm happy Zetterberg won, he deserved it. A guy who was picked 210th was able to help lead the team to the big prize. Kudos to him!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neon:

I think we both agree that Fleury shouldnt have won the Smythe.

Whats interesting about the '08 Smythe is that is really like the '02 Smythe. You cant really argue with who the winner is but the winner was hard to pick. I think that says a lot about how good the team is that they can win the Cup and its difficult to pinpoint an MVP.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Since my thread on its own was poofed I'll restate my topic here:

I feel that NHL FINALS (plural) is better than NHL Final which is being used now. Does anyone else agree/disagree or even care? Muchas gracias.

It's one final series, so I prefer "Stanley Cup Final" purely based on grammar.

But a series implies multiple games, and therefore Finals could be plural.

It believe goes both ways.

It's a FINAL if you are referring to the final series as a whole. It's FINALS when it's making reference to the multiple games that make up a final series.

Does that help?

Well look who's back!? :blink:

Well Ryan, he's been back for at least a week now. I hope he doesn't go back into exile

Good stuff. Yea I've been absent for a few weeks due to school and my grandfather passing away, so I haven't been able to keep up on the CCSLC news. Glad you're back Curt. Have fun.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Good stuff. Yea I've been absent for a few weeks due to school and my grandfather passing away, so I haven't been able to keep up on the CCSLC news. Glad you're back Curt. Have fun.

Thanks Ryno. Hope all is good with you bro.

And yeah, sorry you had to put up with another abysmal Panthers season. Maybe next year, right? :lol:

6uXNWAo.png

• 3 weeks later...

*EDIT* nevermind

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived