Sign in to follow this  
ClutchIsEverything

New Southern Illinois Edwardsville logo

Since when did Picasso get dug up from out of the ground and start designing sports logos?

It's that most dangerous and elusive of species, the Cougarslug!

Looks like a beaver to me. A sharp sleak beaver. But a beaver.

When did SIUE move to D-I sports?

You're right. It does look like a beaver!

That lower-case 'e' is totally out of place, here... as does the beaver... in a logo.... for a team... named... the Cougars.

At least that's better than "Ya, I agree!"

This is possibly the worst ID package I have ever seen. The "wordmark" is boring and lazy. The "logo?" I can't even comment on it because I don't know what the :censored: it is. Just horrible. They could have done a request on here and offered 10 dollars and come out with something 1000x better than this monstrocity.

I believe the lower case e is the mark for the school's academics or just the school in general.

I lived near there a couple years ago and always thought they needed a new logo. I wish I would have contacted them...I'm still not sure what it is exactly.

I believe the lower case e is the mark for the school's academics or just the school in general.

Yeah, obviously it stands for "Edwardsville", I just meant from a logo standpoint, the lower case letter thrown in to a, er, wordmark? (don't know if you can really call it one) or upper case letters, looks, well, stupid.

... as does that damn beaver.

Needs stripes.

Like the other posters the first thing that came to mind was a Beaver, and a sabretooth beaver at that.

UGH... this is EXACTLY why the whole corporate influence on sports logos needs to end... NOW!!

But what can you expect from a school that's directional AND hyphenated?

First of all, it's gonna suck having two Southern Illinois' in D-I sports.

Second, that logo would look great... if the teams mascot was a beaver, and the wordmark is making me go to sleep. I'm guessing they're just using it for now, until they get a real athletic wordmark.

It would be an awesome logo for like, Bemidji State :D

The "e" part is similar to what the university uses.

main_nursing.jpg

It is also very similar to the Internet Explorer icon, except it is red instead of blue. That is NOT what you should be looking for in a sports logo (. . . unless your teams are known as the eBeavers).