Titans to match navy jerseys with light blue pants

Jezus_Ghoti

Here's how the Titans should look (based on what they actually have):

TitansUniforms.jpg

i agree with everything but the alternate... i want a navy/columbia alternate.

but that said, i also love the current mix and match. the all-navy fans get that every few weeks, and the columbia and white fans get that, too.

When are the going to start switching combinations at the half. You know, navy jerseys, light blue pants in the first half. Light blue jerseys, navy pants in half number two.

But hey it's the 21st Century. Maybe they can come up with a new uniform technology that would allow them to change combos at various times during the game. Push a button, White on white during the National Anthem, push a button white on light blue for the opening kickoff. C'mon people! I'm sure if we put our heads together we should be able to come up with something.

Frank: "You have no eye for fashion"! Estelle: I have no eye for fashon"?!

TitansUniforms.jpg

I completely agree. Those are their 3 best combinations. I might flip the home and alternate, though (to keep some tradition - they did wear navy in the Superbowl, after all).

Too bad the Titans organization doesn't see it that way.

Why don't they just go back to this...

houoilers.jpg

It seems that's what their trying to do.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

ok i actually do like the titans navy more than the powder or whatever you called it... and i dont really like the powder pants, especially with the powder jerseys... ive been waiting for the navy/powder combos for a while now... i think it looks decent... the white helmet is what throws everything off in my opinion... and im pretty sure they have worn powder/white... i think when they introduced the powder jerseys a few years ago, they wore white pants for the first game or two... scower the internet and you can probably find a pic of mcnair in them... i wish they would wear them more often but the navys are still better for the primarys in my opinion...

ok i actually do like the titans navy more than the powder or whatever you called it... and i dont really like the powder pants, especially with the powder jerseys... ive been waiting for the navy/powder combos for a while now... i think it looks decent... the white helmet is what throws everything off in my opinion... and im pretty sure they have worn powder/white... i think when they introduced the powder jerseys a few years ago, they wore white pants for the first game or two... scower the internet and you can probably find a pic of mcnair in them... i wish they would wear them more often but the navys are still better for the primarys in my opinion...

nope... trust me. i've seen every titans game for years, and the columbia blue jersey has always been worn with navy pants, except for the new-fangled columbia-on-columbia uniform.

ever since i first saw the columbia alternate, i wanted to see it with white pants, and they haven't worn it yet.

for the record, i also love the white/white/white look the titans have... but they always seem to lose when they wear it.

I like the fact they came out with the Titan blue pants & jerseys they hold a bit of oiler in them & thats good plus pisses off Houstons . what i would say is the Titan blue jersey needs to be left as a Alt the Navy is the main part of the Titans colors now & has been since 99 .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

or, how about the titan's jerseys, pants, helmet, and logo are all hideous. the only team to make the navy and baby combo look hot are the new san diego chargers. and damn, that new chargers logo/typeface is gorgeous. i think the name tennessee titans is great, but maybe they should have focused on good uniform concepts first, then come back and craft an identity, not even necessarily a logo. and, can we stop with the ubiquitous flying logos? the patriots did it perfectly, but ever since then, the rest just look ridiculous. rams, broncos, yuk. pardons given to teams that have birds, cos that's what birds do. plus, the idea of a shield with flames to symbolize larger than life titans? to much of a conceptual stretch. the shield has essentially become a logo that means nothing.

let's just remake them over completely. or, keep the color scheme, introduce some red into the jerseys, and design something that gives off the impression of big-ness. they're frikken TITANS for crying out loud.

and while we're at it, let's remake the minnesota timberwolves as well. KG is gone to boston, and this team is/needs a new identity. no more goofy letters and numbers, no more childish pine trees on the uniforms. minnesota fans have had enough howling. it's time to start taking bites.

TitansUniforms.jpg

I can't help but wonder what that "home" set would look like with a white shoulder yoke rather than navy...for some reason that navy topping is throwing the whole balance off for me...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I've been watching a couple clips of the Tennessee game vs. Atlanta. Must admit...the white helmet + navy-over-luv ya combo looks rather nice, in a Wyoming Cowboys kind of way.

(another off-note: paging PANTONE!...either it's the sun or a better TV set than I've had in a while, but is it me or does that Steeler "gold" look even MORE like a bright sunshiny yellow than ever before? It's almost as if they lightened up their textile "gold" color or something...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This development makes me happy. I've always wanted to see it. I agree with jkr on this one completely--the shoulders match the pants, and it makes for great framing.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

To me, that doesn't look good. The white helmet sticks out like a sore thumb. If the helmet was navy or columbia, it would work. This doesn't. It still looks much better than all navy, all columbia, or navy pants with columbia jersey, but that isn't saying much.

Please, for the next game wear the columbia jerseys with white pants.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

imo, the ONLY thing wrong with the current titans uniforms (including the entire mix-and-match system) is the helmet stripes.

if the helmet just had the stripe from the white pants, instead of the 2 navy tapered stripes, it would be absolutely perfect.

Archived