Official MLB Playoff Thread

Nick 1733

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why don't we discuss the MLB playoffs here, every team, every series all in one thread.

Rox up 2-1 on the Phillies as I'm typing this... 3 solo home runs.

This is just one man's opinion, but one thread encompassing the whole playoffs seems like it would be too messy and all over the map. Especially because so many people like to post play-by-play, it would be really hard to follow certain discussions. I think threads for each series make more sense.

Yeah, but there's not really all that much baseball talk on this forum anyway. I tend to post little updates on occasion but I'd try and refrain from doing so if need be.

That being said, the Rockies/Phillies game is about what you'd expect from two rookies with a whopping 28 games of combined experience. Three solo shots and a two run double have given Philadelphia an early lead. Jimmy Rollins has accounted for all of Philadelphia's RBI's. Kendrick has settled in pretty nicely.

edit: I like the Rockies chances in this game if Philadelphia goes to the bullpen soon.

... that's as good a pickoff move as you'll ever see.

... and that's why I like the chances if Philly goes to the pen... grand slam Kaz Matsui of Kyle Lohse. 6-3 Rockies.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm really impressed on how the Rockies have really had some clutch hitting. They're taking advantage of a ton of opportunities. If they can stay hot like that, they got a very good chance to go all the way.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Not only that, but the Rockies only had one day off. They retained their hot bats. However, I smell them suffering in the NLCS.

You can smell suffering? Being a Mets fan, you must wear a lot of cologne to cover that up :P

Seriously though. They mentioned a big deal about Corpas pouring gatorade on his shirt and touching his shirt on the mound. I noticed him pour it on himself in the bullpen, but didn't really think anything of it other than 'he's keeping cool'. Has there been a big discussion on this? Also, what are your thoughts?

For those of you hanging out under a rock...

The Indians are up on the Yankees 9-3 headed into the top of the 7th.

Yankees are in trouble. Assuming they lose tonight... unless they win three straight, they have to throw Wang in game five and he's a completely different pitcher on the road, as shown tonight. And how much can they trust Mussina and Clemens? Getting into the bullpen early was the worst thing that could've happened to them. They don't have the depth.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived