Official MLB Playoff Thread

Nick 1733

6-0 Tribe. Enjoying the game?

Yes, very much so!

I wonder how it's playing in Red Sox Nation. :P Seriously though, there's still a lot of baseball to be played. Let's not get carried away...as Youkilis hits one that landed in my back yard. As I was saying, it ain't over yet.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and Papi goes back to back. Little late to show signs of life, boys. Would've been nice an inning or two ago to take the crowd out of the game before that seven run inning. This is the Red Sox for ya, make great pitchers look like back of the rotation guys, make back of the rotation guys look like Cy Young winners.

IUe6Hvh.png

It's done!

2007 World Series: Cleveland Indians vs. Colorado Rockies.

Oh yeah, Yogi said "it ain't over until it's over", but you can't deny that the Tribe is going in a great momentum like the Rockies. It's a very running October for Cleveland and Colorado.

Tomorrow Beckett will pitch but I already can't rely on Schilling and Matsuzaka, they seemed cold.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Back to back to back? No :censored:ing way.

Your boys can hit. And far. That ball Ramirez hit just made it rain... in Akron.

Still a lot of ball to be played.

You have more faith in 'em than me. Too many blackholes in the lineup to dig out of a four run hole. JD Drew apparently has better things to do than play in an ALCS game four. Not once have I even seen the guy pretend to care this season.

IUe6Hvh.png

It's done!

2007 World Series: Cleveland Indians vs. Colorado Rockies.

Oh yeah, Yogi said "it ain't over until it's over", but you can't deny that the Tribe is going in a great momentum like the Rockies. It's a very running October for Cleveland and Colorado.

Tomorrow Beckett will pitch but I already can't rely on Schilling and Matsuzaka, they seemed cold.

This is exactly what I have been talking about. You guys are on top of the world as long as things are going well. The minute things get a little rough you're all bailing out. After Perralta's HR my Sox fan buddy sent me a text saying it's over and good luck against the Rockies. There's still three innings to play and you all have the most fearsome lineup in baseball. Even if you lose tonight you got Beckett Thursday. He wins and we're headed back to Boston for games 6 & 7. This thing ain't even close to over. It's game 5 for God's sake. All this from the fans that watched the only comeback from being down 3-0 in baseball history. Act like you've been there before and stop being so fatalistic. It's part of why the rest of baseball finds Red Sox nation annoying.

Ummm the Indians need to record an out first before you can call this over

9 more to be precise.

BB52Big.jpg

Man, maybe I'm fatalistic but I don't like how the Sox had lost all that advantage over the Yankees in the AL East division. We could clinch the division in the last day. It was going from up to down. This is a disordered year for the Sox if we are talking about the baseball level they could show.

I always felt that the 2007 Red Sox had something to lack.

And the Indians playing this year are going from down to up like a rocket. That is the truth. And my Red Sox are getting beat by a very good team like yours.

pennants.png

We were saying the same thing to you when you were going on your tirades about how the Mets were done when they were still two games up on the Phillies.

It isn't over, but things sure are looking good for the Indians right now.

Sadly, I predict Indians in 6.

I think the Sox will come back for one more game with Beckett on the mound, but nothing else after that.

I agree with this.

I think Beckett dominates game five... Schill struggles in game six.

IUe6Hvh.png

We were saying the same thing to you when you were going on your tirades about how the Mets were done when they were still two games up on the Phillies.

It isn't over, but things sure are looking good for the Indians right now.

The difference was the Mets were blowing 4-run leads nightly not rallying with 3 straight homers.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Sadly, I predict Indians in 6.

I think the Sox will come back for one more game with Beckett on the mound, but nothing else after that.

If this thing gets back to Boston I think the Red Sox win it. The Indians have to find a way to beat Beckett tomorrow night.

BB52Big.jpg

True, Beckett could dominate Game 5. So can Sabathia. So, the score will be 0-0 or 1-1. Then What? Bullpens... that advantage goes to the Tribe. Everyone keeps forgeting who Beckett's opposing pitcher is going to be. Sure, Beckett can pitch a great game, but the Tribe bats are doing more than the Sox bats. Sabathia could be just as dominating.

Sabathia is due to put together a great game. Who wants it more? Beckett to keep the series alive or Sabathia to close them out at home? Should be a BEAUTY!!

True, Beckett could dominate Game 5. So can Sabathia. So, the score will be 0-0 or 1-1. Then What? Bullpens... that advantage goes to the Tribe. Everyone keeps forgeting who Beckett's opposing pitcher is going to be. Sure, Beckett can pitch a great game, but the Tribe bats are doing more than the Sox bats. Sabathia could be just as dominating.

Same thing I'm thinking about. The whole series rests on the bullpens of both teams.

If Beckett sends the series to Boston, remember that the Indians won one game there despite the frantic fandom and the big bats and may win one more against a feeble Schilling.

I love Schilling but let's admit that he isn't the great pitcher he was years ago.

pennants.png

Beckett + 2 games in Boston = THIS SERIES IS NOT OVER YET

Does anyone remeber 2004?

A great man once said "There's an old saying in Tennessee ? I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee ? that says, fool me once, shame on ? shame on you. Fool me ? you can't get fooled again."

I'm not saying they're gonna win but they're definitely not out.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

If Beckett wins tomorrow night, do you guys think they send him to the mound for game 7 on three days rest? Pitching a guy on three days rest is a scary idea but the last time Beckett did it in the postseason resulted in a complete game shutout in Yankee Stadium -- now, that obviously doesn't mean he'd be great again on three days rest but that the short rest doesn't bother him physically, although he is already at a career high in innings this year.

Personally, I think the Sox win with Beckett on the mound and struggle with Schilling, and lose in six. But if C.C. and Fausto Carmona struggle with their control again... who knows?

IUe6Hvh.png

If Beckett wins tomorrow night, do you guys think they send him to the mound for game 7 on three days rest? Pitching a guy on three days rest is a scary idea but the last time Beckett did it in the postseason resulted in a complete game shutout in Yankee Stadium -- now, that obviously doesn't mean he'd be great again on three days rest but that the short rest doesn't bother him physically, although he is already at a career high in innings this year.

Personally, I think the Sox win with Beckett on the mound and struggle with Schilling, and lose in six. But if C.C. and Fausto Carmona struggle with their control again... who knows?

Basically it would come down to Daisuke Matsuzaka vs. a "tired" Josh Beckett. Normally, pitching your horse on three days rest isn't a good idea, but based on each's track record, I'd have more faith in Becket on 0 days rest than to rely on a well-rested"Dice-K" when my playoff butt is on the line.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived