Official MLB Playoff Thread

Nick 1733

The clock has struck midnight on the Cleveland Indians. Game 7 is nothing but a formality. It was a nice run.

It WAS a nice run? There's still a game 7! Heck, the game isn't even close to finishing yet. You sound like Swiss after game 4 with the Indians leading 3 games to 1.

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll say the clock struck midnight for Game 6.

Well see about Game 7. I thought the Indians would have a better chance tonight. I do think the strike zone is a bit "iffy". Still, if you don't hit your spots, you will not get the benefit. But, watch... It'll be Westbrook and Byrd giving the Sox fits. Yet, they walk (literally) all over Sabathia and Carmona.

Schilling hasn't looked great or dominant but he's made pitches when he's needed to. I'm not sure if it's the Indians bailing him out or Schilling just making the pitches but if it's the former, the Indians better correct that problem quick. Carmona obviously looked absolutely awful -- 63 pitches thrown... 33 strikes. That's not going to get it done against any team, certainly not one as patient as the Red Sox hitters. This lineup is a whole different monster in Fenway, and the Red Sox have all sorts of momentum going into game 7 (if necessary, obviously).

IUe6Hvh.png

I'll say the clock struck midnight for Game 6.

Well see about Game 7. I thought the Indians would have a better chance tonight. I do think the strike zone is a bit "iffy". Still, if you don't hit your spots, you will not get the benefit. But, watch... It'll be Westbrook and Byrd giving the Sox fits. Yet, they walk (literally) all over Sabathia and Carmona.

An "iffy" strike zone is more of a factor in a game that's not 10-1. Unfortunately, this seems like one of those situations that shifts the momentum so thoroughly, that the Indians can't recover, and Game 7 might just be a formality. Shame, too, because I was looking forward to Fox being stuck with a Rockies/Indians series, and Boston fans having to shut up for awhile.....at least until tomorrow after the Pats game.

The clock has struck midnight on the Cleveland Indians. Game 7 is nothing but a formality. It was a nice run.

It WAS a nice run? There's still a game 7! Heck, the game isn't even close to finishing yet. You sound like Swiss after game 4 with the Indians leading 3 games to 1.

Eh? And I'm telling you that Dice-K is struggling... so it's hard for the Red Sox win tonight. Seriously.

Tomorrow I'll tell here why I'm speaking so pessimistic.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Eh? And I'm telling you that Dice-K is struggling... so it's hard for the Red Sox win tonight. Seriously.

Tomorrow I'll tell here why I'm speaking so pessimistic.

Dude, your team has got it wrapped up. This is historically a situation where the Indians fold. But, this is a situation where historically the Red Sox...um....fold too?

Wow, yeah. Game 7 really should be interesting tonight. 2 franchises that are known for folding in these types of situations.

Despite every reason not to be, I am feeling pretty good going into tonight's game. Hopefully all my doomsday predictions will be way off base. This is one time when I will gladly look like an idiot. (most other times I look like an idiot too but I'm not so chipper about it.)

I just can't help it, I have a good feeling about tonight. Why? I have no idea but I do.

Go Tribe.

Edit: Must have been the painkillers. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Cleveland needs somebody up in the pen. It's pretty obvious so far that Westbrook doesn't have it... they're lucky the damage isn't worse so far. Dice-K looks good... but he tends to have one bad inning in every start so we'll see. Double plays have killed the Red Sox in this series.

IUe6Hvh.png

i'll go ahead and declare it 'Red Sox World Series Champion'

^_^

Rockies @ Red Sox in 2007... Rockies win 2 of 3 and outscore the Sox 20-5 in the series.

That's the funny thing about that inter-league matchup... it means absolutely nothing.

By the way, people... stop jinxing the Sox!!!!

IUe6Hvh.png

^_^

Rockies @ Red Sox in 2007... Rockies win 2 of 3 and outscore the Sox 20-5 in the series.

That's the funny thing about that inter-league matchup... it means absolutely nothing.

It may mean nothing usually, but here it does, seeing as it proves the Rockies CAN beat the Red Sox in Boston.

Let's just say this... If they play Cleveland, then I expect Colorado to sweep, if they play Boston, then I expect them to win 4-1.

^_^

It may mean nothing usually, but here it does, seeing as it proves the Rockies CAN beat the Red Sox in Boston.

Let's just say this... If they play Cleveland, then I expect Colorado to sweep, if they play Boston, then I expect them to win 4-1.

That's insane. But we'll continue this conversation if the Red Sox win... or if Cleveland wins for that matter. Keep in mind that the NL is the inferior league.

IUe6Hvh.png

Dice-K's losing it. And all the offense knows how to do is squander opportunities. 3-1 Red Sox still, but the Indians are threatening.

edit: 3-2.

Better 3-2 than 3-3 but I'm still nervous as hell here. Offense needs to put a few runs up.

IUe6Hvh.png

Nervous as all hell right now. If I see Dice-K on the mound in the sixth, I'm gonna throw a fit. And while Okajima would be a welcome change on the mound, I'd still rather see Beckett out there right now. He'd give you two solid innings then hand it to Papelbon for 8 and 9. No more messing around... Tito, give it to your horses.

Edit: Not good at all that the 2-3-4 hitters in the Sox lineup just laid down in the fifth. Do NOT let Cleveland keep the momentum here.

Nervous as all hell right now. If I see Dice-K on the mound in the sixth, I'm gonna throw a fit. And while Okajima would be a welcome change on the mound, I'd still rather see Beckett out there right now. He'd give you two solid innings then hand it to Papelbon for 8 and 9. No more messing around... Tito, give it to your horses.

Edit: Not good at all that the 2-3-4 hitters in the Sox lineup just laid down in the fifth. Do NOT let Cleveland keep the momentum here.

Good inning by Okajima. I don't understand what's up with all the double plays... it's not that the middle of the Indians infield has played that great and turned balls that otherwise wouldn't be into double plays... it's ridiculous and it's cost the Sox 3 or 4 runs in this game.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived