Official MLB Playoff Thread

Nick 1733

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well they just won the World Series, becuase there is no way in hell the Rockies beat them. I will root for Colorado but they don't have a snowballs chance.

The Rockies have every chance in the world. They beat the Red Sox in Fenway in the middle of the season, BEFORE they got really good. I know people say interleague play doesn't mean anything, but in this case it's different. The ONLY reason the Rockies have just 90 wins is because it took them a few months to start playing as a team, and start playing well.

I'm calling it, Rockies in 5!

The Yankees dominated the Indians in the regular season. Postseason is a whole new ballgame. Rockies have put together an incredible run... but the Phillies ain't the Red Sox. The D-Backs ain't the Red Sox. The Rockies may know they can win in Fenway, and if that makes them sleep better at night, then that's all that that series does... and that's the truth. I'm not sure the Red Sox had ever seen anyone that the Rockies pitched in that series and the Sox always struggle against pitchers they've never seen.

IUe6Hvh.png

Well they just won the World Series, becuase there is no way in hell the Rockies beat them. I will root for Colorado but they don't have a snowballs chance.

A snowball's chance in Colorado, Tank?

Care to put a little green where your mouth is?

/doesn't care who wins now

//thinks the Rox can beat the Sox though

nav-logo.png

Dennis Galehouse is avenged now!!! In a direct fight for the pennant the Red Sox erased their 1948 enemy. ;)

It seems like in this current century the Red Sox are avenging old and painful defeats. They did it in 2004 beating the Yanks and Cards, and repeat now with the Tribe.

Well, I owed an explanation to DEAD! and some guys here.

Why was I very pessimistic with my beloved Red Sox? It was a sort of pessimism + charm (kind of amulet).

First I was convinced of a sure, poor role of our pitchers in the 5, 6 and 7 games and later I saw they had success after I said plagues against them... HA HA HA... like the 2004 ALCS and 2004 WS! You can find my jixing remarks in the October 2004 threads.

It worked one time more this year!!! :D

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

VBkmbZqF.jpg

Today, In Denver.

saBS.png

VBkmbZqF.jpg

Today, In Denver.

If I know Colorado's weather as much as I think I do... that'll be gone tomorrow.

IUe6Hvh.png

VBkmbZqF.jpg

Today, In Denver.

If I know Colorado's weather as much as I think I do... that'll be gone tomorrow.

It was gone tonight. I didn't see any snow on the field during the Steelers-Broncos game.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Ugh, the red sox again....

I hope so...

The Red Sox had so few World Series triumphs so it would be nice adding one more.

I should say "ugh" if the Yankees go to the WS but never with the Red Sox or another team (but the Dodgers).

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I can live with the Sox. Or with Colorado, for that matter. Either way it's a good story: after 86 years of suffering Bostonians will get the opportunity to savor yet another title, or Coloradoans will get the thrill of witnessing their team celebrate its 15th season with its first world championship.

The only thing that could've been better would've been the Indians winning their first title in 60 years, but hey, I'm realistic. It's Cleveland we're talking about, after all. :)

nav-logo.png

Man, from the time the Rockies came into the playoffs until now, I dreamed of a Red Sox/Rockies World Series- and it's a reality now. W00t!

That said, the Rockies will put up a good fight, but the Red Sox will win the day. Red Sox in 6.

UBwef0L.png

I don't know what it is. I guess it's the old-time Yankees fan in me, or my New York upbringing. When I really watched baseball, I liked the Yankees. My football team is the Bills. It's ingrained in me to dislike, if not hate, the Red Sox and Patriots. Now that they're both good at the same time, and perhaps both on the verge of championships, I'm incredibly annoyed.

I would derive a lot of satisfaction from the Red Sox getting swept by the Rockies, and the Patriots flaming out in the remaining weeks of the season. I doubt either will happen, but that's the level of petty I'm at right now. A total shame, isn't it?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived