Sign in to follow this  
leedsunited

Izod Center of New Jersey!

Looks like the ol' Brendan Byrne Mausoleum is now the IZOD Center. Yes, the lil' alligator polo shirt company. :D

Turns out Continental decided against continuing the naming rights since the Devils left.

It was either that, Rocawear Arena or SouthPole Arena

Well Continental before paid half of the naming rights fee in airline tickets, is Izod paying half of their fee in shirts?

Will they have any professional teams playing there after the Nets and Devils leave?

Will this now break ground for other clothing brands to name stadiums?

Sean John Arena, here we come!

Will they have any professional teams playing there after the Nets and Devils leave?

I thought that Xanadu thing was supposed to take down the arena anyway. Is that not happening now?

Ecko Arena?

Mark Ecko recently became my hero. I would be completely in favor of naming an arena after him and his company. I'd perfer a baseball stadium, however.

Isnt the lil alligator company called Lacoste?

Yep. Izod and Lacoste used to be affiliated, but, they haven't been connected since the mid-90s. This, however, doesn't stop my dad from referring to my little brother's weird pink shirt as an izod shirt.

KNEEL BEFORE IZOD, SON OF JOR-EL!!!

lol

Look buddy, this ain't planet Houston. :P

This is really ironic...as some of you know, I'm a huge Smallville fan, and I have just recently gotten my wife hooked on it as well.

I've been trying to get her caught up on the current stuff, and just a half hour ago, we watched the season finale for season 5. Where Zod inhabits Lex's body.

Weird.

Dude, spoiler alert there! ;)

General Izod does not take orders. He gives them!

I thought that Xanadu thing was supposed to take down the arena anyway. Is that not happening now?

Xanadu was supposed to take down the Meadowlands horse track and leave the arena the same. Thing is, Mills Corp. is in deep doo-doo because they underestimated the building needs of "da contractors" (if you know what I mean).

Izod?

Terence-Stamp---General-Zod-Photograph-C12142626.jpeg

?

That guy was pretty bad ass, even if his apparel left little to be desired.

Off topic...does anyone have any info on the next Superman remake?

The even stranger trend is selling naming rights to stadiums and arenas that are vacant more days than not.

It's a bad name, but we can at least take solace in the fact that you won't hear it that much on TV outside of Nets games. And discussions like these, where people say "Damn, 'Izod Center' is a dumb name for an arena!'"