Favorite NFL 75th Anniversary Throwback?

Old School Fool

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Chargers

2. Chargers

3. Chargers

Hated: Detroit, Green Bay

Bears and Steelers too far from any uniform norm of the time to evoke anything beyond, weird.

Several became close to their present unis - Giants, Jets

Some were just earlier versions of unis that they wore at the time, so ho hum.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

I liked the Giants (I like the ny a lot much more than the GIANTS on the helmet, and was thrilled when they made the change), Chargers, and Rams. Honorable mention to Washington and Denver.

Green Bay:

GreenBay75.gif

I loved those (although they're inaccurate - the pants were gold, albeit a slightly different shade, to accomodate the limitations of different fabrics of the time).

packers550water.jpg

Even now, I would gladly see the Packers adopt them full-time. I know that makes me something of an iconoclast among Packer fans, but as one who continues to support Ron Wolf's 1994 modernization, I'm used to it. :D

Pats, Chargers, 'Skins, Da Bearse, Oilers, Vikings

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Why did the Patriots use their then-current number font on those uniforms? That isn't how they were back in the day, right?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My faves from that year were the Steelers, the Oilers, and da Bears. The latter needs to be broken out one home game a year and rotate it amongst the Vikings, Packers, and Lions. And make sure the game is in December.

I like them all except the Jets and Raiders.

Jets should have gone with the white helmets. Raiders old logo doesn't really work as well as the current logo.

The Chargers should be wearing the exact 94 throwbacks now.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Archived