Things i dislike about george w bush

Saintsfan

Okay maybe some of you will feel this isn't my place to say, but here are some of the things that get up my nose about your President. Agree/disagree I don't really care!!!!!!

1 This over obsession he has with the military

Here is a guy who took the easy way out of the Vietnam war, According to some went AWOL from military service, and there he is walking around in air force flying jackets, giving speeches in front of military crowds, generally spending as much time with the military as possible!!! get over it!!!

2 He is from Texas

Dunno why this bothers me but it does.

3 He is a nasty  vengeful man

Why bother looking for a man who was behind a mindless act of terrorism when you can go fight a war against the guy my dad couldn't kill.

4 He cheated to win the 2000 election

This is what I believe. He did. Black people were denied the opportunity to vote on flimsy grounds and legally cast votes were not counted.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay maybe some of you will feel this isn't my place to say, but here are some of the things that get up my nose about your President. Agree/disagree I don't really care!!!!!!

Here is a guy who took the easy way out of the Vietnam war, According to some went AWOL from military service, and there he is walking around in air force flying jackets, giving speeches in front of military crowds, generally spending as much time with the military as possible!!! get over it!!!

2 He is from Texas

3 He is a nasty vengeful man

Why bother looking for a man who was behind a mindless act of terrorism when you can go fight a war against the guy my dad couldn't kill.

This is what I believe. He did. Black people were denied the opportunity to vote on flimsy grounds and legally cast votes were not counted.

I agree, but I'm not sure why this is on the board or what triggered it out of nowhere. ???

2 He is from Texas

Being from Texas, that is wrong on so many levels...

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

it's not a cheap shot when it's the truth!

Well thats the point, he isn't a retard. He may not be as bright as some people, but he isn't retarded!!! *shakes head at having to defend Bush!* To get that out of my system, I will say that he is a war-mongering death machine, who deserves everything he gets in November.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

it's not a cheap shot when it's the truth!

Well thats the point, he isn't a retard. He may not be as bright as some people, but he isn't retarded!!! *shakes head at having to defend Bush!* To get that out of my system, I will say that he is a war-mongering death machine, who deserves everything he gets in November.

Will Ferrell gets the No-Prize for the best Dubya utterance on SNL:

"First Daddy breaks a hip, then Dick has a heart attack...What's happening to all the grown-ups???!?!?!?!?"

BTW- I don't see a clear Democrat being able to take him in November...Dean? That bug-eyed jingoist? No. He's a moron.  If there was any justice in American politics (and I haven't seen any lately), Biden would run for the Demos and win in a landslide.  I speak, of course, as a Canadian.

I now return you to the thread, which is probably already moved to General Discussion...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

2 He is from Texas

1. Atleast he like teh Military Bill Clinton once wrote he hated teh US Military. He relaises that our military is the lass line of defense.

2. Texans stand for truth and honsety and they have a purpose and a clerly defined perception of good and eveil. Not like wish washy Northeasterners who see nothing but shades of grey.

3. Osa,s is on teh run he has not been forgotten. Saddam killed MILLIONS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE!!!!!! Why does everyone ignore that.

4. He did not steal the 2000 election some stupid people got confused in Florida and their votes were rightfully disgarded. All recounts showed Bush won, are we supposed to look at a ballot with 2 candiates chosen and guess who tehy intedned to vote for?

Thats a joke

If Al Gore won the US wwould have crummpled becuae he would have wnated to reach out for a peace summit with Osama, which would have made Osama a god in the Arab world, and he would be unstoppable.

Gore would have signed Keoto which would have menat economic colalpse and higher taxes.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Hey, Saintsfan, if you don't like it here, why don't you go back to your own country!!!!

Oh, wait a minute . . . . . .

Sorry folks, I quit talking politics in '92 when I got out of them.  I just couldn't resist the dumb joke.

:D

2 He is from Texas

1. Atleast he like teh Military Bill Clinton once wrote he hated teh US Military. He relaises that our military is the lass line of defense.

2. Texans stand for truth and honsety and they have a purpose and a clerly defined perception of good and eveil. Not like wish washy Northeasterners who see nothing but shades of grey.

3. Osa,s is on teh run he has not been forgotten. Saddam killed MILLIONS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE!!!!!! Why does everyone ignore that.

4. He did not steal the 2000 election some stupid people got confused in Florida and their votes were rightfully disgarded. All recounts showed Bush won, are we supposed to look at a ballot with 2 candiates chosen and guess who tehy intedned to vote for?

Thats a joke

If Al Gore won the US wwould have crummpled becuae he would have wnated to reach out for a peace summit with Osama, which would have made Osama a god in the Arab world, and he would be unstoppable.

Gore would have signed Keoto which would have menat economic colalpse and higher taxes.

1 why is liking the military such a necessary thing for the President of the USA? Until WW2, the US virtually ignored its Army, that didn't do the US any harm. Dwight Eisenhower warned against the military industrial complex, which is entirely what Bush represents.

2 The world is shades of grey. It just is. Ossama Bin Laden is a hero to people because they agree with some of what he has to say. Yes his actions are bad, but maybe its worth listening to his opinions and trying to understand them.

3 I am not saying have never and will never say Saddam is a good person, BUT he was not connected to Bin Laden. Why was the war in Iraq fought when it was? Because the War on Terrorism gave Bush the opportunity to do something his father couldn't (Psychologists have a term for that but I can't remeber what it is!!)

4 Before the whole vote count thing, black citizens of Florida were denied the right to vote, because they were mistakenly presumed to have felonies against there names. (This is information in the public domain). They were not 2 names on the Florida ballot paper, but 20 or so I believe. All recounts showed Bush won, because any recounts that would have favored Gore were declared illegal, and yes, if the means of voting was faulty then the ballots should have been interpreted as best as possible. It wasn't that people got confused, they were using out of date machinery.

And lets not forget that to win an election, George Bush had to go before the highest court in the land to ensure that votes WERE NOT counted. These were votes cast by people who had legally registered to vote, probably thought they had cast a legal vote, probably now do not know if they voted in the 2000 Presidential election or not.

I have no idea if Gore would have been a better President than Bush has been, that is an impossible judgement to make. BUT here is a thought, maybe September 11th happened in part because a Bush was back in the White House. One of the reasons Bin Laden is so anti-American is that during the First Gulf War US military were stationed in Holy areas of Saudi Arabia. Maybe he wanted extra revenge on Bush. Who knows. And when did Gore ever say he would want a peace summit with Bin Laden?? never.

Not signing up to Kyoto is one of the worst errors Bush has made in office. Not being able to commit the US to an act which may well improve the WORLDS environment, just to keeps his rich oil buddies happy sucks.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

If Genocide, the murder and in some cases, torture of innocent Iraqi citizens, isn't a legit reason to go after a man, what is?  Sure, it wasn't the entire reason... but still

And alot of good things come out of Texas!  Like... well... um... there's the... um... yeah... ok, that's a good reason.

And I'm sorry, if you can't figure out the ballot, can you honestly say that you deserve to vote, and decide who runs the country?  No.

IUe6Hvh.png

The United States of America has signed up to the charter of the United Nations, which calls for the SELF determination of nations. Contrary to what people might like to think, dictators are often genuinely popular in there country. If George Bush wanted the war to be about Saddam he should have been honest enough and said 'I want war because this man is evil.' He didn't. He in fact said, even if he didn't mean it, that the war was not about regime change, it was about gettng rid of weapons of mass destruction. (There is another thing no-one can find.) Indeed if you wanna go after evil leaders, why start with Saddam, the world is full of them. Robert Mugabe in Zimbabwe, the Chinese regime, the Israeli governemt etc etc etc.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

All recounts showed Bush won, because any recounts that would have favored Gore were declared illegal

Well, after the election process was over all the news oraganazations hand counted the votes using the way Gore wanted, and guess who won Bush. As for the Ballot if people got confused about it they're idiots, and shouldn't vote. It had arrows pointing to where you vote for each candidate. Anyone with common sense can figure that out.

With people not allowed to vote, it would have to be a large conspiracy, which those don't happen with out someone leaking something. Maybe some mistakes were made but that was all they probably all they were. Bush one fair and square, your just saying he cheated because it was close and you don't like him.

3 I am not saying have never and will never say Saddam is a good person, BUT he was not connected to Bin Laden. Why was the war in Iraq fought when it was? Because the War on Terrorism gave Bush the opportunity to do something his father couldn't (Psychologists have a term for that but I can't remeber what it is!!)[/quote

I'm sure the Iraqis will agree with you.

Many things have been written here that I both agree and disagree with.

I strongly disagree with this. I'm no tree-hugger, but even I can see that Kyoto would have made the world a better place. Yes, it would be difficult for the entire world economy for a little while, while they recondition themselves to comply with the guidelines of the accord, but there are worse things in the world than higher taxes and recession or even economic collapse.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I just hope Bush isn't shot or something, cause if he is, Chaney will have a heart attack and we will have to watch 2 funerals

hey I like Bush

*awaits the garbage to be thrown at him*

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived