Things i dislike about george w bush

Saintsfan

Be they gay or straight, black or blue.

But who really want's to marry someone from the BlueManGroup? Really.... :;): :D:P

(sorry, just thought it was high time for a break from seriousness, we can go back to arguing now...)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm glad you located the humor in my post.. i'm not all about getting upset at one another.. i think this is fun, so i try to throw in some jokes, too...

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Maybe I went a little too far with the word freaks, I understand there are gay people wo dont act like those parade people.

I still dont think they should be allowed to get married, but if you think they do fine, I wont change your mind you wont change mine.

So let try to stop thios from going any further and move on to other topics.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well, well, well... Mockba, with a simple declarative statement, completely destroys the notion - at least in this community - that homosexuals are "freaks". Homosexuals are - and Mockba's action is a clear indication of this - simple human beings. As we all are. We're born, we die, we work, we play, we love, we yearn to be loved... quite simply, we LIVE. And the foundation upon which the United States of America has built its government, is the notion that we should all be able to engage in these pursuits equally. Not "separate, but equal", but as EQUALS.

Frankly, if there's one thing that we all should have learned by now, its the fact that "separate, but equal" doesn't work. It certainly didn't work during the early stages of intregration. "Separate, but equal under the law", defeats the very nature of true equality. If people are truly "equal", it stands to reason that they don't need a "separate" set of laws to define where they should go to school or whether or not they can enter into a committed SLAPHAPPYMONKEYPANTS partnership. To label someone as "separate, but equal", is - nonetheless - to LABEL them... to mark them as somehow being "other". And that flys in the face of equality... before the law and before each other.

Brian in Boston

J. Quincy King...

"but i also believe in the specialness and sanctity of the marriage..."

Shouldn't that "specialness and sanctity" come from within the "marriage"? Do you truly believe that "specialness and sanctity" can be legislated? You've trumpeted the dictionary definition of "marriage" as being between a man and a woman, but have you checked out the dictionary definition of "sanctity"? You'd find (the wording might vary slighly depending upon the dictionary you procure), "The state or quality of being sacred or holy; holiness; saintliness". Can - or should - our government presume to legislate "holiness". Shouldn't that be left to our religious institutions? The problem for those who oppose gay marriage is that not all religious institutions have come down hard and fast against the notion of sanctifying a marriage between gays.

"They (beatings of whites by minorities) are quickly becoming the rule over the exception."

Where is the proof? Do you have cold, hard statistics to back this up? If so, produce them. If not, I'd remind you that, "Just because you keep saying it, doesn't mean it's gonna be true...".

Brian in Boston

Archived