my freaking awesome september

oakland ehs

Well I recently got back from a weeklong road trip with a friend and two weeks of family vacation, and the 30 NHL cities in 30 days thread inspired me to share photos from the sports parts of the trip.

Friday, September 7 - Edmonton Eskimos vs. Calgary Stampeders

Commonwealth Stadium - Edmonton, Alberta

The Eskies suck and lose 20-17, but luckily cover the tie on my Sports Select ticket.

th_IMG_1273.jpgth_IMG_1279.jpgth_IMG_1287.jpgth_IMG_1299.jpgth_IMG_1302.jpg

All 20 full-size photos on Photobucket

I've had to break this thread up into 8 posts in order to post the pictures properly... hope nobody minds. I can only put 5 photos in each post so that's why... not trying to pad my post count, so hope mods don't mind.

Sunday, September 9 - Canada vs. Russia Super Series Game 8

GM Place - Vancouver, British Columbia

We were halfway to the game on the skytrain when we realized the tickets were sitting on the desk in the hotel room. Ended up missing most of the first which sucked but luckily we didn't miss much. Canada won 6-1 and the series 7-0-1, and my first Team Canada game was unbelievable, regardless of the less than exciting series. Best part of the game was when all the emotions boiled over and a line brawl started in the Russian end, which I have on video and must get on youtube sooner or later.

th_IMG_1328.jpgth_IMG_1327.jpgth_IMG_1371.jpgth_IMG_1456.jpgth_IMG_1495.jpg

All 119 full-size photos on Photobucket

Tuesday, September 11 - Oakland Athletics vs. Seattle Mariners

Safeco Field - Seattle, Washington

The A's win again 7-4 as we watch from our 2nd row seats down the left field line. Dallas Braden is... Dallas Braden but Mike Piazza is tricked into thinking it's still 1999 and comes through with 2 doubles and 2 RBI's.

th_IMG_1892.jpgth_IMG_1894-1.jpgth_IMG_1908.jpgth_IMG_1956.jpgth_IMG_1907.jpg

All 47 full-size photos on Photobucket

Wednesday, September 26 - Oakland Athletics vs. Boston Red Sox

Fenway Park, Boston Massachusetts

The A's lose again 11-6, but not without seeing a couple mammoth home runs, including possibly Mike Piazza's last (that is if he didn't hit another one after this game... I'm not positive).

th_IMG_2715.jpgth_IMG_2716.jpgth_IMG_2747.jpgth_IMG_2754.jpgth_IMG_2809.jpg

All 37 full-size photos on photobucket

All in all, it was an amazing couple of weeks. Fenway Park will always be a great memory, and I'm glad to have achieved one of those "things to do before you die" type of things. For anyone who hasn't been there, I suggest you do it and experience the history of such an amazing park.

If there's any errors with the links, let me know please.

Enjoy the pics.

Wednesday, September 12 - Oakland Athletics vs. Seattle Mariners

Safeco Field - Seattle, Washington

Yuniesky Betancourt hits a walk off single to win the game for the Mariners after the A's make the mistake of thinking Andrew Brown could keep the tie intact for extra innings.

th_IMG_1981.jpgth_IMG_2036.jpgth_IMG_2040.jpgth_IMG_2082.jpgth_IMG_2129.jpg

All 41 full-size photos on Photobucket

Amazing. We were standing right next to eachother.. and didn't even know it. I had a blue/grey/white headband on, and a nikon d-80.. not that you probably remember... I probably said something to you too. haha. wow.

Archived