Pics of new Price Is Right set.

sacker12

Glad to see they're keeping the same (if not, it's pretty close) wordmark and dollar sign. It's a nice way to link the Barker-era to the Carey-era. I'm also glad to see that the colors got a nice upgrade from the mostly pink & blue schematic that was established during the latter days of Barker's tenure.

Wow...they managed to make a throwback set look even more so. If you imagined what TPIR might have looked like if this incarnation aired in the early-to-mid 1960s, this is it.

This is a fantastic way to break stylistically with the Barker era but still be TPIR.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Drew is no Bob. I will not be watching.

Funny, that's why I'm going to be watching.

Remember Price in primetime? The ones with the old "new" host, Mark, from KTLA Morning News???? That woulda been sweet. Aaaahhhhhhh, for not.

Unless you're talking about Doug Davidson from Young and the Restless and the failed half-hour version from the mid-'90s, I have no earthly clue what you're talking about.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I was hoping they would update the set/props but still maintain that campy nostalgic feel to them. I think they did a terrific job of blending the past and the present. I wonder how far they went, did they make changes to the big wheel too?

I guess I'm with everyone else... it'll still feel like TPIR while acknowledging that it's a new era.

BTW, I vaguely remember another version from the mid-80's with someone other than Barker hosting. It was pretty much the same show, different host. Not that mid-90's poser version.

I guess I'm with everyone else... it'll still feel like TPIR while acknowledging that it's a new era.

BTW, I vaguely remember another version from the mid-80's with someone other than Barker hosting. It was pretty much the same show, different host. Not that mid-90's poser version.

There was a brief nighttime version with Tom Kennedy hosting somewhere in the mid-'80s, I think.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

There was a brief nighttime version with Tom Kennedy hosting somewhere in the mid-'80s, I think.

Indeed, and Kennedy is the man.

I think the design is spot on. It's different, but classic. The different colors are a tie-in to the old set, which also had random colors about.

I'm excited about it. I love Drew Carey (though he does have a tendency to mumble through his bits).

philly.png

As long as they don't mess with that sweet theme song, they could do TPIR from inside a crackhouse and I'd still watch it.

So would Ricky Williams. :D

Mark your calendars, folks. October 15th! I know I'll be watching before class.

As long as they don't mess with that sweet theme song, they could do TPIR from inside a crackhouse and I'd still watch it.

Wait until you tune in on Monday...you'll be somewhat surprised about the theme song.

I'll be at work when it airs, but I do plan on recording it, just for curiousity's sake. I know that Drew Carey is no Bob Barker, but I'm willing to give him a chance, and he just might do a good job. That's unlike what's happened to Family Feud, and although the current version will match the number of years as Richard Dawson's tenure as host (9 years) by year's end, it's been a total disaster. Three different hosts, numerous set and logo changes, and the contestants are even more annoying than ever. To me, I think the fact that Dawson's (and Ray Combs') Family Feud still airs everyday on GSN has hurt the current version, because some people expect to be the same exact show.

Wait until you tune in on Monday...you'll be somewhat surprised about the theme song.

I'll be at work when it airs, but I do plan on recording it, just for curiousity's sake. I know that Drew Carey is no Bob Barker, but I'm willing to give him a chance, and he just might do a good job. That's unlike what's happened to Family Feud, and although the current version will match the number of years as Richard Dawson's tenure as host (9 years) by year's end, it's been a total disaster. Three different hosts, numerous set and logo changes, and the contestants are even more annoying than ever. To me, I think the fact that Dawson's (and Ray Combs') Family Feud still airs everyday on GSN has hurt the current version, because some people expect to be the same exact show.

Well, Richard Karn was good at it, it was a shame they let him go.

I think John O Hurley was ok at first, and is now getting better.

Also on tpir set, good job, Family Fued's vurrent set is a great modernization as well (Even better than tpir, dare I say!)

If they use the version of the theme song that was on the preview on CBS's website, then it would be the current theme song with a disco beat to it. Also, Carey will the using the same style rod mike that Barker used in his final years on the show.

If they use the version of the theme song that was on the preview on CBS's website, then it would be the current theme song with a disco beat to it. Also, Carey will the using the same style rod mike that Barker used in his final years on the show.

:censored: in' Right. Still basically have the same theme, and same rod-style mic. I will be watching on Monday.

Me too. You can never replace Bob, you just have to try a new look, and I think they wanted to do something different yet keep that retro field.

FTR, there was also a night time version when the show was "new" in the 1970's, just think if this guy caught on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga6zrLTXIgs

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived