Blue Red Sox Jersey

Badge Man

I seem to recall that's an early BP jersey, from before their very-red period. Can't confirm.

And yes, that's genuine. Very few people realize that Chewbacca came up in the Brooklyn Dodgers system, and actually got a call-up before washing out in spring training. Of course, these days they'd supply him with a Wookie/English translator, and who knows where his career could have gone?

I seem to recall that's an early BP jersey, from before their very-red period. Can't confirm.

I am not so sure. They used to wear blue at spring training, but their jerseys were not buttoned up the front with red pipping. They certainly never wore anything like this when Clemens was with the team.

This is NOT an authentic Red Sox jersey. It is also not a batting practice or spring training jersey either. Here is a rundown of the only navy jerseys the team ever wore:

1988 Spring Training: navy mesh pullovers with red-white striping around the collars and sleeves, with a pair of Red Sox on the upper left chest.

1989 - 2002 Spring Training: same style, but with "Red Sox" across the front, red on white

2007 Spring Training: current road batting practice jerseys

And yes, that's genuine. Very few people realize that Chewbacca came up in the Brooklyn Dodgers system, and actually got a call-up before washing out in spring training. Of course, these days they'd supply him with a Wookie/English translator, and who knows where his career could have gone?

I believe I remember the Red Sox had to pay something like $30 million to a Wookie League Team just to talk to the guy.

This picture is awfully photoshopped. Let's watch the place between "Red" and "Sox".

And the back number is too big!

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I can't believe no one else has explained this jersey. I mean, does nobody remember the classic 1999 episode when the Red Sox travelled back to Whittier, California? They discovered that a transporter malfunction had actually caused a second Nomar to be created back in '94, and a duplicate Nomar was created. The doppelganger Nomar, who went by his first name of Anthony, had been drafted by the Twins in 1995, but he'd been trapped in single-A all this time. Turns out he couldn't hit, but he hadn't spent a day on the DL since being drafted. Geordie and O'Brien tried beaming Nomar and Anthony together to merge them back into one player, with Nomar's skills and Anthony's health, but the experiment failed. Both Nomars reemerged, both wearing the same Twins/Red Sox hybrid jersey, seen here. I forget how the episode ended, and I'm pretty sure they never revisited the two-Nomars storyline, even though the existence of a second Nomar in baseball actually had pretty important implications for later series continuity.

Anyway, point is that this is clearly a prop from that episode.

20082614447.png

I believe I remember the Red Sox had to pay something like $30 million to a Wookie League Team just to talk to the guy.

I bet they're banking on him being Wookiee of the Year.

I think the Yankees were throwing Joba The Hut against him that night...

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

I bet they're banking on him being Wookiee of the Year.

I ain't got no ribbon...but I'll nominate this for "Post of the Day".

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I don't think it's Photoshopped. It's a fashion jersey.

The Red Sox never wore blue BP jerseys as button-down versions, only pullovers with v-neck collars. Pawtucket wore button-down jerseys, but they read "PawSox" across the front and also had front numbers.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I can't believe no one else has explained this jersey. I mean, does nobody remember the classic 1999 episode when the Red Sox travelled back to Whittier, California? They discovered that a transporter malfunction had actually caused a second Nomar to be created back in '94, and a duplicate Nomar was created. The doppelganger Nomar, who went by his first name of Anthony, had been drafted by the Twins in 1995, but he'd been trapped in single-A all this time. Turns out he couldn't hit, but he hadn't spent a day on the DL since being drafted. Geordie and O'Brien tried beaming Nomar and Anthony together to merge them back into one player, with Nomar's skills and Anthony's health, but the experiment failed. Both Nomars reemerged, both wearing the same Twins/Red Sox hybrid jersey, seen here. I forget how the episode ended, and I'm pretty sure they never revisited the two-Nomars storyline, even though the existence of a second Nomar in baseball actually had pretty important implications for later series continuity.

Anyway, point is that this is clearly a prop from that episode.

thats interesting. these look very similar to the Minnesota Red Sox jerseys Quinn took from Baseball World. If i'm not mistaken after the twins folded the Red Sox was relocated to Minnesota. Its there that Drew Henson was a hall of fame pitcher for the Minnesota Red Sox. They would win 5 strait world series. It should also be noted that the Yankees are riding a 100 year world series drought. It would be the year 2002, yankees finally go to the world series to meet the Chicago cubs who are riding a 102 year drought in the world series. Game 7 game tied 2-2, cubs have the winning run on third and the Krommags invade the earth and destroy it before the game could ever finish.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived