Blue Red Sox Jersey

Badge Man

pmlb23573045regii8.jpg

What are you getting at sparky?

You are not old enough to refer to anyone as "sparky", Scout...

God, it's like I'm in the :censored: ing zone.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This picture is awfully photoshopped. Let's watch the place between "Red" and "Sox".

And the back number is too big!

The awkward looking place between Red and Sox is the velcro that is on every "authentic" (and fashion "authentic" I guess) jersey...

pmlb23573045regii8.jpg

What are you getting at sparky?

So do you call somebody "Sparky" or "Chief" in every one of your posts now? Is that your new thing?

Strange choice of nicknames. Chief is me, and Sparky is what Ellen always calls Clark in the Vacation movies.

pmlb23573045regii8.jpg

Well, that's Boston's current road batting jersey. No piping, and it says "Boston". And it has red areas along the side.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Patsox, you're lucky you consistantly churn out breath taking concepts and don't pad your post count with posts less mature than comments that a snotty 13 year old would make, or else that attitude certainly would not be put up with around here.........

This picture is awfully photoshopped. Let's watch the place between "Red" and "Sox".

The awkward looking place between Red and Sox is the velcro that is on every "authentic" (and fashion "authentic" I guess) jersey...

The velcro is not (and was not) on every authentic jersey. Some teams haven't always used the velcro, and some teams don't today.

However, the Twins did have the velcro patch on their uniforms back when they wore Riddel jerseys, and the tag on this example shows that it's a Riddel model. That's why I'm saying this is a Twins uniform, or a Twins uniform blank, with aftermarket modifications to make it into a fashion jersey. To the degree that an obvious Twins ripoff with poorly aligned lettering and a ridiculously too-large number can be considered "fashionable" in Boston.

If you want to see what a real blue Red Sox BP jersey looks like, go here. Note the smaller numbers and completely different striping scheme.

20082614447.png

The velcro is not (and was not) on every authentic jersey. Some teams haven't always used the velcro, and some teams don't today.

However, the Twins did have the velcro patch on their uniforms back when they wore Riddel jerseys, and the tag on this example shows that it's a Riddel model. That's why I'm saying this is a Twins uniform, or a Twins uniform blank, with aftermarket modifications to make it into a fashion jersey. To the degree that an obvious Twins ripoff with poorly aligned lettering and a ridiculously too-large number can be considered "fashionable" in Boston.

If you want to see what a real blue Red Sox BP jersey looks like, go here. Note the smaller numbers and completely different striping scheme.

There isn't any velcro. Look carefully at the right pipeline, it was badly removed. And look at the upper buttons, at the left of those buttons you can watch the edge. So let's follow the stare until the lower buttons... where is the edge? It has disappeared.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

thats interesting. these look very similar to the Minnesota Red Sox jerseys Quinn took from Baseball World. If i'm not mistaken after the twins folded the Red Sox was relocated to Minnesota. Its there that Drew Henson was a hall of fame pitcher for the Minnesota Red Sox. They would win 5 strait world series. It should also be noted that the Yankees are riding a 100 year world series drought. It would be the year 2002, yankees finally go to the world series to meet the Chicago cubs who are riding a 102 year drought in the world series. Game 7 game tied 2-2, cubs have the winning run on third and the Krommags invade the earth and destroy it before the game could ever finish.

Hah! Sliders reference. Awesome!

I believe I remember the Red Sox had to pay something like $30 million to a Wookie League Team just to talk to the guy.

I bet they're banking on him being Wookiee of the Year.

I think the Yankees were throwing Joba The Hut against him that night...

HA!

Two brilliant replies! Too funny.

There isn't any velcro. Look carefully at the right pipeline, it was badly removed. And look at the upper buttons, at the left of those buttons you can watch the edge. So let's follow the stare until the lower buttons... where is the edge? It has disappeared.

I think you need to look more carefully. Or watch. Or stare. Or whatever you're talking about. The back of the velcro is plainly visible between the second and third buttons, counting the buttons from the top. You can see the stitching on all four sides of the velcro, and you can see from the draping of the fabric that the stiff velcro is still in place. Note how the placket stands out just there, making the piping on one side fall back behind the placket. This is exactly how the velcro looked on my old Twins authentic home alt. The "Twins" script was so tall that the shirt had a huge space between the second and third buttons, which required the velcro to hold the shirt closed. Just like on this shirt.

Also, the left edge you describe as disappearing is plainly visible and continuous for the whole length of the shirt. The fabric simply drapes a bit oddly because of the long gap between buttons and the velcro.

20082614447.png

thats interesting. these look very similar to the Minnesota Red Sox jerseys Quinn took from Baseball World. If i'm not mistaken after the twins folded the Red Sox was relocated to Minnesota. Its there that Drew Henson was a hall of fame pitcher for the Minnesota Red Sox. They would win 5 strait world series. It should also be noted that the Yankees are riding a 100 year world series drought. It would be the year 2002, yankees finally go to the world series to meet the Chicago cubs who are riding a 102 year drought in the world series. Game 7 game tied 2-2, cubs have the winning run on third and the Krommags invade the earth and destroy it before the game could ever finish.

Hah! Sliders reference. Awesome!

i just got season 3. So i've been watching that for a bit.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Despite the "Authentic" patch on the front (that says Russel), there is no Russel Athletic logo on either sleeve. Also, I believe that the MLB logos on the back collar was introduced in 01. The number on the back is clearly too large (and too sloppy to be authentic).

That said, I thought I remembered the BoSox wearing something like this (but much better quality). Judging from this thread, I remember wrong.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I think you need to look more carefully. Or watch. Or stare. Or whatever you're talking about. The back of the velcro is plainly visible between the second and third buttons, counting the buttons from the top. You can see the stitching on all four sides of the velcro, and you can see from the draping of the fabric that the stiff velcro is still in place. Note how the placket stands out just there, making the piping on one side fall back behind the placket. This is exactly how the velcro looked on my old Twins authentic home alt. The "Twins" script was so tall that the shirt had a huge space between the second and third buttons, which required the velcro to hold the shirt closed. Just like on this shirt.

Also, the left edge you describe as disappearing is plainly visible and continuous for the whole length of the shirt. The fabric simply drapes a bit oddly because of the long gap between buttons and the velcro.

OK, OK, but the jersey is fake although. No Red Sox player had to wear it in any time.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

OK, OK, but the jersey is fake although. No Red Sox player had to wear it in any time.

Of course the jersey is fake. Was that ever in doubt? All I'm saying is that it's blazingly obvious that it's a fake: aside from the numbers being way too big and the front script being completely misaligned, you can see that this is a modified Twins jersey, or a Twins jersey blank.

However, the image is not a fake. This is a real photograph of an actual physical object, with no evidence that the image is altered in any significant way. This is a real fake, not a fake fake.

The sad thing is that people are buying these fakes. I've seen several of this exact jersey -- an obviously modified Twins alt with Red Sox lettering -- over the last few years here at RFK. Or maybe the sad thing is that someone has gone to all the effort to make this shirt without being able to get the simplest details even plausibly correct.

20082614447.png

Archived